Announcing Ruthless

"
Gizdalord wrote:

What is bad behavior about picking up an item that dropped? Pls do clarify.

Picking up an item, in and of itself, isn't bad behavior.

But there are LOTS of situations where it is.

Are you familiar with the idea of PUGs? Public groups, where you play with just random other players. Not people you know.

Now, let's imagine that there's enough people playing Ruthless Trade that it would be easy to get in and out of various public groups.

This "fastest click gets it" design *encourages* people to just float around public groups, not actually help much with the fighting, and snag whatever items drop. Which is easier for them to do, because they're not actually fighting.

This is, very clearly, bad behavior. At best it's leeching, at worst it's thievery.

And that's assuming that no "loot rules" were discussed in the group. Now imagine a player who goes around saying "hey, I really need to level my gems, let me join your group, I won't pick up any loot, I just want XP". And then, when a Unique item drops (which will be super rare and valuable), they snag it and either a) pretend they're not the one who picked it up or b) just leave.

Again, this is dishonest, bad behavior.

It is actively encouraged by "free for all is the only loot mode available".

This sort of crap is why I mostly play SSF, or solo with trade.
Sounds enticing.
This might be my new poe gameplay loop.
Play league for 6-8 weeks and then see how for i can make it in ruthless. :]
Wer nichts weiß, muss alles glauben.
Sounds very cool. GL to people, who will play it.
For me it would be too hard :D
ABSOLUTELY BRUTA- RUTHLESS! MOOOREE!

Keep it up!
Looks like a lot of fun
Cool, I love that there finally is a mode that is meant to be awful that can house all the terrible ideas that go into normal now.

Hopefully, this also means that moving forward we can focus on making Ruthless awful and making normal good again.
Last edited by Haddoq on Nov 1, 2022, 5:42:33 PM
OK good, now Chris have his hard mode can we have the old poe back
Can you disable logout macro in hardcore? Keep characters active in a map for two seconds after disconnect.
to opt-in to extreme item scarcity
^ great looking forward to opting out of 3.19

3.20 will be like 3.13 again frfr copium
So the mode DOES have archnemesis monsters ?

And so it does have the loot goblins as well ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info