Lag spikes happening lately (playstation)

I am out of ideas... since a few days I have been getting a lot of lag spikes on POE with my ps5 (no issues until then).

I tried a lot of things , even undusted my old ps4 to test it there - same issues.

Lag spikes happen almost all 30 seconds and that makes it unplayable.

Interestingly enough I installed poe on my PC and can play without issues there.

I am at a loss , please throw your ideas.

P.S.

other games work fine i.e.

-cod mw2 open beta
-diablo 2 resurrected
-genshin
Last edited by Oo-Zurial on Sep 22, 2022, 6:21:29 AM
Last bumped on Oct 16, 2022, 3:15:00 PM
same. Got 1-2 megalags per day.
"
MaxW81 wrote:
same. Got 1-2 megalags per day.

1-2 small lags ? Or 1 -2 periods of laggy times ?

Because I noticed it seems to be fine in the early morning and late at night.

(and again PoE on pc doesnt have any lag at all which confuses me so hard)
Last edited by Oo-Zurial on Sep 22, 2022, 1:03:21 PM
small lgas but the last for seconds, means insta death
Think I figured out the frankfurt server ip (used wireshark on my laptop and connected my ps5 via the laptops hotspot).

I have had lag spikes alot for a while now, as well as textures not loading properly for various things in game such as shrine icons on the player. Very annoying when it causes a death.
Yea it is still bad and no help from support ? :/
it's the same for me, it started about 2 weeks ago. it is almost unplayable from afternoon to evening. and it's not because of the internet, I've already checked everything

i even wiped my ps5 and reinstalled everything because it started at the same time as the fog bug and my filterblade didn't work anymore, fog and filterblade went after that but lagging is still working

heard a little more from ggg for console players that's what i wish for christmas and every other day. i just say sound bug...
Yea the sound issue been there for ages would be a wonder if they actually fix it one day... cant recall how any /bug ingame reports I made about it - never fixed.

Regarding the lags its kinda playable from 11 pm to 11 am then the lag spikes appear.

(And yes they only appear in path of exile , using pingplotter on diablo server ip and path of exile frankfurt ip)

Last edited by Oo-Zurial on Sep 26, 2022, 8:31:19 AM
Ok to anyone with similar lag issues , try to change your region to washington dc (yea sounds silly when you are from germany for example but it works).

At my first testing it didnt look like it works but then I noticed my hideout switched me back to frankfurt.

So after changing to washington teleport somewhere in the campaign acts and check that you are in washington servers (top right with map open).

Then you can go back to your hideout and it should be washington too and without any spikes. (so far)

I am now lag free.

P.S.

also thanks to SirTrixAlot for making me try washington again after the failed try I had before.
Last edited by Oo-Zurial on Sep 28, 2022, 2:12:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info