Lag spikes happening lately (playstation)

Oka, thats no full fix and I celebrated too early.

While it seems to be lagfree ( no lag spikes ) it seems to deplace me sometimes.

Using vortex which casts an aoe under my feet I can see sometimes it casts it few meters ahead or behind me.

So it is lag spike free but due to the long distance it cant synch you properly.

Will test without lockstep and see if it helps.

But as of now you have to bad choices in europe - either with lag spikes (server in europe) and better synch or without lag spikes (visually lag free) but desynchs (washington).

Hopefully GGG takes some of their time and checks their servers in europe... because it is getting really annoying.

EDIT:

Using the old networking (non lockstep) + washington doesnt help either... So I give up and hope for them to flush the pipes of the european servers.
Last edited by Oo-Zurial on Sep 28, 2022, 4:32:36 PM
I have the same problem only on PS4 and PS5.
Can someone from support please help us?

Early morning its fine but the more it gets to prime time evening where all my friends are online, the laggier it gets until its not playable as soon as 18:00 - 18:30

I´m just happy that i finally found a thread where there are people having the same problem.

Frankfurt Realm

Edit: Funny enough that the Washington workaround somehow works. dont ask me why and i have nearly no input lag?
Last edited by Isa_Pandora on Oct 6, 2022, 5:26:34 PM
"

Early morning its fine but the more it gets to prime time evening where all my friends are online, the laggier it gets until its not playable as soon as 18:00 - 18:30

I´m just happy that i finally found a thread where there are people having the same problem.

Frankfurt Realm

Edit: Funny enough that the Washington workaround somehow works. dont ask me why and i have nearly no input lag?

Yea no real input lag but you should feel that you are misplaced sometimes as the latency cant keep up with telling where you stand.

Really annoying at boss fights.

But still better than those pesky lag spikes that kill you even harder.
"
Oo-Zurial wrote:
"

Frankfurt Realm

Yea no real input lag but you should feel that you are misplaced sometimes as the latency cant keep up with telling where you stand.

Really annoying at boss fights.

But still better than those pesky lag spikes that kill you even harder.

I actually tried Washington out after I posted and it seems everything outside of EU runs fine. I dont know how this is better than being on an EU server. Tried out Texaus and Moscow and all the same thing. Please fix Frankfurt. I dont know why no GGG Staff attends this thread. Maybe I should contact them directly to get them on the matter because its clearly not a 1 person problem
Well , looks like we shouldnt expect any help from GGG...
So , getting a lil tired of washington desynch deaths I decided to try frankfurt again.

And you wont believe it, seems they changed something (doubtful that ggg did anything but probably the people running the servers).

Couldnt feel any lag spike or desynch so decided to figure out the possible new ip of the frankfurt server.

And voila seems it is finally fixed.

Hopefully it works for everyone else and its not me being routed better at my location.

HAH!

Nevermind, while it is indeed a new IP and I could never play lagspikeless before at the current time - it just started again....

So yeap... gonna give up I think.

~
seems pretty bad as of late for me too.

I thought it might have been my console dying honestly
"
Anton__Chigur wrote:

Same , reinstalled whole firmware + poe aswell then I read about how to test the routing and ping to the servers and yeah...

"
Oo-Zurial wrote:
"
Anton__Chigur wrote:

Same , reinstalled whole firmware + poe aswell then I read about how to test the routing and ping to the servers and yeah...

You are getting packet loss in the last trace you posted. That has literally nothing to do with GGG or POE's servers.

That's an ISP issue. Since you decided to block out the first 3 lines, I can't tell if it's your ISP or a provider they connect to. Either way, Packet loss = bad.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Last edited by Aragorn14 on Oct 15, 2022, 1:03:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info