3.19.1 Patch Notes Preview

This isn't enough. Also still baffling how poor balance is when you had 6+ months to address it and came up with the current mess.
I hope this is your C-team working on leagues now and A/B team are both working on poe2.
To add onto it all - Kalandra as a char got a really bad deal here. No cool boss, no cool uniques, just some passing dialogue...

You dun goofed ggg. Also heard you've been deleting negative comments. I have a char from a few leagues ago called "yougonefullblizz". Becoming truer every day. Its not a compliment.
Amount of patching and hacky bandaging of AN just proves how flawed the system is at its core. How many specific spawn and combo limitations you had to put in by now? And those are definitely not the last ones.

I would have disassembled AN entirely and used assets and logic to redesign and augment native skills mobs have. What was the point of adding new content for 10 years if it is all same AN now, in any map and any league locations?

In your favorite D2, Rare monster skills were not dominating gameplay. Native monster abilities were adequately noticeable and challenging when scaled with number of common mobs shooting them at once. Poe has no content except AN and bosses now.
Some good changes, but Archnemesis makes the game feel horrid still.
Not because they are challenging, but because Rares are such a humongous part of all your loot that most league mechanics become alot less interesting.
Expedition and Legion have the best potential and the best baseline rewards even if you engage with the obvious magicfind strategy you guys are forcing on us.
That being said: Give AN ACTUAL MEANINGFUL balance pass to every other league mechanic ESPECIALLY HARBINGER. Also please do actual impactful balance changes to skill balance. If that was a routine balance change, please change the routine. Alot. The tablets still feel like item chests ( generic items, armor, jewellery) need the potential to be higher ilvl, drop alot more 6-links, have better mods or something, or you can take them off the reward table.
The chests cannot drop good items and it feels weird for the reward chests to drop the loot of a normal mob. Picking up rares feels terrible anyway, why not give these at least SOME potential to be worth SOMETHING. And while I realize that adding this level to all chests makes weapons even worse to identify (e.g. bows add t1 res to the pool at 84) the likelyhood of identifying a good weapon when you identify a squad tab full of t1 bases approaches 0 anyway. Or just make the zone lvl 84?
"
Apfen wrote:
This is not it. This fixes nothing.

I have played several hundred hours in the each and every one of the last 12 leagues. I have played 140 hours of Kalandra, and can without a doubt in my mind say that mapping is in the worst state I have ever seen. It is the core game-loop in the endgame, and it is flat out just not fun right now. I will try to pinpoint why.

DIFFICULTY:
Archnemesis mods are unavoidable. Should builds that have invested 100-200 divines into it, with good defenses, still die in random alch-and-go T16 maps every once in while? I don't think so. It just feels unfun to invest into defenses in a character, and still just get run down by a hasted whatever Archnemesis monster. Is 50k armor + 88% ele res + 100% ailment immunity + 6k life just not enought for alch-and-go anymore? This is not fun.

Make it opt-in or remove the top end of the damage scaling. Archnemesis really messed up the game at it's core, and if you insist on keeping it, it needs it's 6th or 7th overhaul, because it is nowhere near acceptable, let alone fun.

REWARDS:
Dynamic league content that adds many monsters to your map like Abyss/Breach/Harbinger/Delirium/Alva is just flat out not rewarding anymore. That is like a third of all league mechanics just not being rewarding anymore.

Juicing your maps with sextants and scarabs used to be that you could just do whatever content you liked, and you would be rewarded. Sure some would be more rewarding than others, but it was all in the realm of 3-6 Exalted Orbs per hour just mapping with your favorite content.

Now over-juicing your maps can actually lose you currency. Not less rewards, actually cost you currency to run stuff with sextants and scarabs. The sweet spot is usually 1-2 scarabs and maybe 1 sextant. I am struggling to earn more than 2 divines per hour, no matter what I try. I am sure that there are hyper-optimized strategies that go above this number, but regular old mapping is just not rewarding right now.

To put it into perspective, in the last 3 leagues it would take me 35-40 hours of mapping to earn a Mageblood. This league it will take me 115-120 hours. You can say we only lost 7% of loot or whatever your numbers are, but this is just not the reality, at least for me; a simple mapper.

The rewards for Archnemesis monsters are just laughable, and not related to their difficulty AT ALL. Either you get loot goblin or you get nothing. This is not fun.

CRAFTING:
Aspirational crafting needs the "save-state" of reforge keep suffix/prefix, it is just a slot machine without it.

It does not have to be exactly reforge keep suffix/prefix and it does not have to be from Harvest. Make two orbs that removes a random number between 1-3 of either prefixes or suffixes and make them drop from Beyond, Infinite Hunger/The Black Star or whatever, it does not matter.

This ability just needs to be in the game somewhere. Crafting is not fun without it.

While this does fix some things:
True.
wow.... i expected WAY more of this patch....
"Ah, salutations my children... are you ready for your daily dose of smooth jazz?"
There's a BIG disconnect problem, that is happening over last 2-3 days. Mostly while you change zones. I.e. from map to hideout. Which is annoying. And from hideout to map. Which is REALLY bad. Because you can outright lose your map, because you cannot enter it. And let me tell you - it's NOT fun to have a T16 taken away from you. At all. Ever.
Reminder that damage is still far too high, on death effects can f off, nothing drops, crafting is impossibly expensive, crafts are missing, 6 links don't sell for divines, probably missed a few but you can at least start with these.
IGN: Blip
maps drop for atlas progress (low level/tier) really bad.
Massive fail again …..

Massive fail … items that we could craft worth 2-10 ex last leavue now cost 20-50 div ….

All ppl i know that used play all 3 months of the league including me did so cause we could slowly work toward full T1 items …..

My god cant believe how out of touch your are …

Just do these :

1) REMOVE LOOT GOBLIN !!!! not now … YESTERDAY !!!!

2) give back REFORGE KEEP PREFIX/SUFFIX in any way to deem fair be it orb , harvest,beastiary anything

I really hope you can understand that without crafting … THERE IS NOTHING LEFT !!

respect
Your strength is the law !!

MadG poe on youtube for mellee content
yoo how many supporter packs jesus christ mans loaded out the ass

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info