3.19.1 Patch Notes Preview

I've been enjoying the game a little more since this patch. It's not, however, a fix that solves all the issues. Mainly Archnemesis.

Stacking Offensive Mods:
-Too many WTF moments.
-Comfortable doing maps in with appropriate gear, gem levels, char levels and whammo. One-shot kill from off screen. Hours of progress lost.

The Goblin Pinata:
-Not much more to be said about it. It's bad and it feels bad.

Harvest Crafting:
-Atlas setup for Harvest and juiced. Better Lifeforce, still very bad results.
-I've come to accept that you want it this way, unfortunately.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can live with the pinata. I've been getting decent loot(not great but average for me).

Harvest crafting, I missed the league.. so I don't know what I'm truly missing; but life force collecting in 3.19 is tedious and unrewarding.

The one thing that frustrates me above all else, are the AN mobs that have stacking and most times, synergistic offensive mods. This should not be acceptable and should have been fixed weeks ago.

Comparably we can use Betrayal as an example. It was incredibly rippy for the first week. When the Betrayal mobs spawned, you died. It's very reminiscent of today's AN stacking offensive mods. It didn't take GGG but a week to patch that and retention numbers went back up again.

My suggestion for the AN mods:
-Make the mods have a diminishing return for each mod beyond the first mod.

Example of diminishing returns:
-Separate your extensive list of mods into tiers and categories(Offensive, Defensive and Utility.. as example)
-Balance the mods according to tiers.
-Only allow one of each tier, except those fights intended to be harder.
-For the fights intended to be more difficult and rewarding, allow two tier 1 but NEVER of the same variety and most definitely not three of the same category or tier.

You on the right track. But time is of the essence and right now GGG is showing no scenes of urgency. Many agree that it's too late and it may be if you want to achieve arguably the best league rewards ever!

There is still fun to be had but you need to take quick and decisive action.
-Filter
They did not correct anything with the minions, the modifiers that kill the minions in one hit are HASTED, STORM WEABER and others, what a good vision they have with the bad balance of the game. a pity.

Good game in the wrong hands
"
joffxrey wrote:
"
"
joffxrey wrote:
Good changes.
Newbies are mad atm about loot changes, but good players like, who actually understand how this game works, are still rich.
Quite frankly that's a skill issue. Git gud fellas.

Posts like this are really dumb. With post like this it's like a noob is trying to gloat even though various vet players are complaining about it and even when they have skill. Mean I complained about it and I was up their dealing with the ubers last league and beaten Maven and Sirius many times in various leagues.

[Removed by Support] as they only see themselves and are likely playing an ridiculous meta build often or [Removed by Support]. Or they just like [Removed by Support] and gloat while people state the obvious issues of the league. Obviously the issue isn't skill. Some of those responses soon went on probation after posting like one guy who stated he was getting several mirrors this league with his group to try to attack posts where people complained. LoL.

[Removed by Support]

I wonder why the Staffteam didnt delete your posts.
You literaly broke ToS with your posts, while others posts get deleted for not much a reason, [Removed by Support].

This shows me that the Staffteam agree with your PoV and likes your posts.

Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Sep 11, 2022, 6:03:01 PM
"
hortom wrote:
Dear Chris and GGG Team,
I understand that you think that there is a philosophy behind all of these changes.
But please, tell me:
1. Who is the target audience of the game by this philosophy? I would like to know because looks like as a casual player, I am not anymore.

2. And do you play your own game, levelling form 1 and mapping? Not just testing, but playing from 1 to level 99. Without any admin cheat to create ready-made characters with proper gear but trying to get loot, currency and craft and buy your gear. As we do, normal players. Oh, wait, we don't because we are waiting for a proper fix.

3. If your answer is "yes" to my 2nd question, then what is your experience? Are you doing this after your 8 hours of work with family, wife and kids) when you have 2 hours "free" time?

4. If your answer is "no", then please do it! I would like you to "enjoy" your own creation as I do and so as many more.

Sincerely,
hortom

They have alpha-testers like SRI666 and Neversink.
SR666 answered on the reddit GGG-Thread "What Happened with Items" :

"I appreciate the writeup, but as an alpha test member, I provided feedback about some of these issues FIVE DAYS before the league launched, and it was completely ignored.

This entire thing could have been avoided if alpha feedback was taken more seriously, and/or if alpha had more time or better tools to test things, like we did in the old days.

Some of these issues became very apparent during testing and this was the case WAY before I even reached maps on alpha.

Now I know how hectic and stressful release weeks can be, and I have no doubt that staff members are working their butts off during those times and that can make the testing process and feedback from it, harder to focus on. But it doesn't negate the need for better communication and testing.

I am happy to donate my time and effort to try and make the game better for everyone, because I believe in GGG and I love PoE. And I wouldn't mind at all if we did more testing on things like these on alpha even while the league is live (for next leagues, that is), especially if it can help avoid issues like these.

Why couldn't we test the AN changes irregardless of league launch? Or test all the drop rates and how they felt long before the league itself arrived on alpha? After all, those are separate things, and alpha usually has only about a week to test a LOT of stuff every league launch."
Awful. Please stop answering your own concerns about 'the game' and answer ours. the support of a few streamers/[Removed by Support] individuals doesnt validate your mandate.

It's wrong. Make it right.
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Sep 11, 2022, 5:47:48 PM
over 150K down to 20'ish...

NoughSAID.

BIG.CLAP for the AN/lootGoblin

Hope you are enjoying your "vision" lmfaO
Do something with those ground effects and all the mods being thrown at player, just limit them somehow. This game is no longer about fighting monsters, it's about avoiding ground effects and AN mods. The most hilarious thing is when I'm on vortex and burning ground at the same time, like wtf? You're throwing all of those things at player but why? Do I have to be focused while playing POE like if I would perform open heart surgery? I start to doubt that things are being tested, it's more like you randomly throw things in with whatever numbers come to your mind to see how it goes. I also wonder how many people used expedition from Map Device and what led to conclusion that 12 chaos is the right cost for it.

It really seems that you have problems maintaining two projects at a time (POE 2.0 and regular league release) so maybe it's better to not to release so big changes in game mechanics so you avoid fixing stuff for a month after league launch? It's both pain for you as instead of preparing the content for next league you are still fixing issues with previous and obviously for the users who are having unpleasant surprise as so many things are messed up.
Last edited by Palonso89 on Sep 11, 2022, 4:01:23 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/xb4pb1/archnemesis_fun_mechanics/

this video shows how fun is archnemesis
"
Mokurp wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/xb4pb1/archnemesis_fun_mechanics/

this video shows how fun is archnemesis

At least this does not happen every map... Oh wait is does
No worries mates.

There have been 3 official staff threads since the 3.19.1 patch notes thread. Sure, all of those threads have been community-outsourced or wildly tone deaf shilling, however, there were finally some staff replies other than the original posts! Okay fine, there were only three staff replies in a single thread and they were all $$ MTX purchase related but at least we know bidirectional communication is, in theory, possible.
Perhaps Official PoE Twitter accounts are where these critical, timely, league/game focused interactions are happening? Someone give that a look and see how it feels.

This unprecedented deluge of negative feedback from the community was likely heavily dampened by fear of being banned for speaking freely. The hostile outcry would have been even more massive if people weren't afraid of losing their accounts for expressing their frustrations more blatantly. How many great, honest, and hilarious posts, videos, etc. have been finely crafted only to be deleted out of fear. PoE threads I've previously followed on other websites are mostly dead now. Can't even have a good laugh about it all.

――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――
Cheers to anyone still grinding; may your copium turn to hopium and beyond:

It's only three weeks into this ""league"" bros. Just one more incremental patch. Another 5% tweak and surely we'll have the old, good game back. Just find a mirror my dude. Maybe I should listen more to those fresh accounts with no league progress having the best time ever and reminding you simply to 'git gud'. Just two more weeks bros...
――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――

Nothing good lasts forever. Even Chuck turned over his keys to Sneed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info