What Happened with Items

I'm really trying to have fun this League but its just not happening.

The drops feel extremly bad, at the beginning I couldn't even sustain alchemy orbs for mapping, now after the changes I'm still struggeling with maps. And yeah it really helps killing the rare that drops 3x 20 stacks of Scraps or Whetstones...

Somebody once sayed it shouln't be my job to enjoy a Game, but you guys definitly did it with this...

The whole economy is f*****, nobody is really crafting anything since the top players all quit the League, meaning there are no real mirror items or any half decend items for uprading, cause carfting nowdays is basically winning the lottery, yoloing anul's...

I like the League mechanic but damn this aint't worth it, getting one shot by random rares that drop s*** anyways, beeing broke all the time, having to invest in maps and not even getting back half of the invesment its just not worth it...

Maybe listen to your Playes for once, make a question poll and see what we actually want...

But I'm out, good luck guys, I'll give Last Epoch a try.
At this point sadly addicted to this Game...
As a casual player who plays trade league but doesn't trade all that much the league feels pretty good, tbh. The loot is ok now, I don't even notice a difference but I don't juice my maps much. Just alt or alch and go. Archnemesis comnbinations are still a real pain, though.
Just writing to counter all the hate messages a bit and to get trashed for it.

I know the loudest (maybe also most but that doesn't necessarily correlate) people on here are not gonna like this, but as a player from beta times, the slowly advancing out-of-control power creep and pushing for brainless loot-pinatas for that instant-gratification, has slowly over the course of years pushed me out of playing... still doing so every few leagues, though just less and less. I accepted though, that the switch in popularity from hc to sc and the change, or probably just the growth in player-base over the years is just what is naturally gonna change the game towards that. If you wanna be succesfull in nowadays tiktok marvel-movie films world that's how it is sadly.

When you were releasing harvest, you were absolutely right when stating it might be a mistake and killing the game. Reading these comments, it's obvious people never gonna recover from not being able to run around in gear that has beyond imaginable power level compared to just a few years ago after a few days of playing. So that they can spend the rest of the time blasting through super juiced content "watching tv on the side" (never really understood that philosophy, to me still the most disappointing comment Chris ever made)

But you got there... it made you even bigger and popular and when people say you might not understand your player base they might be right cause it changed over time.

Yes to all the haters, I did not play this league and I have no reason to doubt some things are even in heavy imbalance.., difficulty and rewards need to be somewhat matching.., but following the community for years now, I feel what many people mean by that is; if I can't blast through the game and get tons of reward it means it's bad.

I wanna be able to sustain t16 maps after first weekend period...
I wanna have an abundance of every "trash" currency without ever trading..

When people cry about not being able to sustain alchemies I wonder how we were ever able to play the game when you had to buy alchemies for maps

Different people like different things, and the game progressed more and more to be liked by the people that are now understandable insanely upset by there stuff being taken away.

Even though there might still be some obvious issues.., I just opened the web page after the massive drama that reached me. After checking out what people complain about and what changes have been made.. the first thought that came to my mind from my personal perspective was "wow.. they are actually trying to fix the game" .., obviously they still need to try better but reading the core philosophies and them trying to follow them (even while currently "failing) gave me some new hopes for Poe2, maybe even the next league already.., heck.. I'd love to and might even check out new current "lootless" poe just to see how "bad" it is, but as friends of mine easily made it to maps ssf I doubt it can be that bad. (No.. they are not chaining juiced t16's on day3)

So yeah.., looking forward to seeing how this "mess" is going to get solved and the future of the game and poe2, and even just bought some points, cause I love it so much to ruin the experience for those "actually playing" while I "don't know anything" about it.
ign: UpForJava
League so far has been awesome!!!

I appreciate your adjustments to the loot drops, and standardization/clean-up of previously inconsistent loot qty/rarity modifiers. I have not noticeably felt the changes in my solo gameplay. It honestly made me sick watching videos of past leagues where people would get more items from 1-2 maps than the vast majority of us would see from an entire League of play. The expectation of getting 1000%+ return on investment into a map is just straight entitlement rearing its head.

New Beyond is great, new Harvest is great, and so glad I can get back into at least the boss fight of Ultimatum. Can't wait for it to be back fully. One thing I would do is add that game pause mechanic to clicking on this Lake of Kalandria pillar.

Chris, you and your team are doing a great job. Please ignore the overwhelming crying of the simps. Game has gotten better and better each League I have played.

P.S. While I would love an in-game Trade network/Auction hall. The trade changes are very nice.
Last edited by Mst3kfan on Aug 26, 2022, 12:40:13 PM
so you tried for diablo 2 style, but what you did was diablo 3 loot goblins style.
MAKE LEFT CLICK GREAT AGAIN.
"
Wazzano wrote:
"
PunkGagarin wrote:
people who are fine with changes or don't care about them don't write posts here, they don't care. So scrolling through this post's comments is not showing the real numbers or situations.
The only numbers that matter is daily active users which we can check, for example, at steam stats. And it is pretty fine. So yeah, 1% will always complain no matter what.

Why yes, steam stats don't lie...

Wow, a 4%-6% difference between this league and Expedition, Scourge, and Archnemesis(54-56 to 50%) definitely seems like 60\40% for sure LOL.
Still not even addressed the backlash on canceled ultrawide support beyond 21:9.

Do you read feedback on reddit and steam as well?

Quote from steam regarding this topic:
"That's an awful lot of words for: We aren't doing anything more about it this league so just suck it up."

That's how the majority of unsatisfied customers feel right now.
You don't need our support?
Last edited by Psykrom on Aug 26, 2022, 12:41:50 PM
the company breaks down the moment it tries to import to customers what it "thinks" is good for it, what it wants it to believe is good, instead of simply giving the customer what he wants.

This game has completely lost respect for its players.

r.i.p path of exile
Everything goes wrong since GGG tries to change stuff that works perfectly well. Everything was okay with rare monsters but you introduced archnemesis. Everything was fine with drop loots but you tries to adjust it.

Guys, pls, I'm truly love your game, but don't do diablo 2 GGG edition. If I wanna d2 experience, I will play d2.

Pls, fix a game. I'm begging you.
"
Mst3kfan wrote:
League so far has been awesome!!!

I appreciate your adjustments to the loot drops, and standardization/clean-up of previously inconsistent loot qty/rarity modifiers. I have not noticeably felt the changes in my solo gameplay. It honestly made me sick watching videos of past leagues where people would get more items from 1-2 maps than the vast majority of us would see from an entire League of play. The expectation of getting 1000%+ return on investment into a map is just straight entitlement rearing its head.

New Beyond is great, new Harvest is great, and so glad I can get back into at least the boss fight of Ultimatum. Can't wait for it to be back fully. One thing I would do is add that game pause mechanic to clicking on this Lake of Kalandria pillar.

Chris, you and your team are doing a great job. Please ignore the overwhelming crying of the simps. Game has gotten better and better each League I have played.

P.S. While I would love an in-game Trade network/Auction hall. The trade changes are very nice.

crying of the simps? can you help to educate me what's the point of dropping 100 scraps from 1 hard fight? are we expecting to grind for 8 hours a day while keeping focus all the time to dodge yellow mob's attack else I get 1 shot? are we playing a game for fun/relax or we're doing 2nd job now?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info