Nerfing Defensive Archnemesis Modifiers

"
We want defensive modifiers to exist, and these implicitly make rare monsters harder for certain builds to kill. However, we absolutely agree that it's frustrating when multiple similar mods stack together and extend the length of the fight exponentially. A build affected by this has no way to get around the mods, other than enduring a long fight or running away from the monster.

Okay, good. So overlapping modifiers no longer exist or only the highest defensive bonus counts?

"

We have nerfed many defensive modifiers. Our primary goal is so that when two similar defensive modifiers stack together, they don't make monsters incredibly slow to kill.

Wait, what? Seriously? That.. No. In which universe does that solve the problem?
You are incredible bad at math apparently.

You do NOT need to nerf the nemesis mods themselves, but make certain combinations that stack the same effect impossible.

Magma Barrier(25%) + Steel-Infused(30%) + Ice Prison (20%) is still sitting at 75% physical damage reduction. And that's just three mods. If we add a "touched" mod, we're sitting at 85% phys dmg reduction.

Again, the issue is that they stack to absurd levels. You said it yourself.
The problem is that they stack, not necessarily the defensive mods individually.
Problem: They stack
Solution: Make them not stack
It's REALLY that simple.

If you just nerf the mods themselves most AN enemies might as well not be AN until you get some crazy combination. That has not changed.
Reading through a list of 5 or 6 mods before you know what the enemy can do is ridiculous. That is IF you've memorized the 40+ mods, which I haven't and I'm sure I am not the only one.

And for the love of god, just get rid of Drought Bringer. There is no version in which this mod can make any encounter feel more interesting or rewarding to overcome.
*sigh* think I've had enough of ggg trying to fix wounds with salt
"
Mentoya wrote:
"
jrv209 wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:

It just goes to show you that some people will complain no matter what GGG does...The last 2 days there were tons of videos saying, "GGG, you need to fix this"..... So GGG starts sending out fixes and people say, "too little too late" Well make up your damn fucking minds people!! Don't tell GGG to fix something if you are just going to say, "too little late". Just move the fuck on if you have that attitude....

You don't even understand what people are complaining about and how bad the math is? If they nerf something by 90% and then buff the 10% remaining by 25%, it's not a real buff, buddy. It's like saying I robbed you for 100 bucks, but here's $12.50 so you can't be mad...

That's fine if you aren't happy with the patches..... It's just the "too little too late" that makes no sense. Not everyone is trying to race to the finish line in 1 week.......

This game is all about economy and trying to get rich early on so you can make builds and do whatever you want in the league. It's something GGG has promoted themselves. And these people are right, it is too little, too late. The league is marred by these decisions. Most of the community does care about this stuff. You are the minority here.
OK,but still pass. Current drop and harvest remove all fun from the game (even after your yesterday's changes)

I am not the best example of an Exile but I think the loot issues were to try and control the real money exchanging going on. I see so many web sites listing poe currency and items or power lvling. This seems a way to try and reel it in so peoples actually have to be invested to make it work. Yet the changes were meant to try and control things better but it also hurt the main player base. Please don't get me wrong I am truly thankful for the friends I have made along my journey. GGG you rock thanks such an awesome game to play in the first place. Your Friend Kevin From Heaven.
Can you please just state if you think minions is in a good state or not, atleast notice that part of the commuinty please.
dead league
I understand you're addressing defensive AN mods only in this post, but could you please take a look at Heralding Minions somewhere along the path? Gotta be one of the offensive AN mods with the highest player kill count and is INCREDIBLY LETHAL. This thing laughs at capped elemental defenses and Topaz flasks and spawns in the blink of an eye surrounding you. A change in the speed it "flickers" toward players could help a lot to deal with it.
"
*sigh* think I've had enough of ggg trying to fix wounds with salt

and I'm sick of the community having to have a meltdown in order to get GGG to make a game for us instead of chris wolcen's wacky d2 hard mode vision. You guys don't even know what butters your bread at this point, GGG. If you guys keep imploding, this game goes to tencent and it's officially over. Please listen to your fans who adore you when you actually do.
Delete
Last edited by ElPantera32 on Jan 9, 2023, 6:23:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info