Introducing the Kalandra Mystery Box

"
girng wrote:
"
girng wrote:
-snip-

In party play or just playing by yourself, you'll be able to see monsters appear and can act before their logic/server tells them to move. It's not that hard to understand

So it turns from 'I know there's monsters over there because I can see them' to 'I know there's monsters over there because it's an ARPG and there's monsters everywhere'. If you're playing ranged then it doesn't change how far you can shoot, and if you're playing melee it basically doesn't matter.

Of course, it DOES make a difference, and I'm not arguing with that. However, in my opinion, it's such a small difference, and considering it's a PvE game, the tradeoff between having unusable widescreen monitors and being able to see monsters from further away is not a worthy one.

"
PurpleChakra wrote:
"
girng wrote:
"
girng wrote:
-snip-

In party play or just playing by yourself, you'll be able to see monsters appear and can act before their logic/server tells them to move. It's not that hard to understand

So it turns from 'I know there's monsters over there because I can see them' to 'I know there's monsters over there because it's an ARPG and there's monsters everywhere'. If you're playing ranged then it doesn't change how far you can shoot, and if you're playing melee it basically doesn't matter.

Of course, it DOES make a difference, and I'm not arguing with that. However, in my opinion, it's such a small difference, and considering it's a PvE game, the tradeoff between having unusable widescreen monitors and being able to see monsters from further away is not a worthy one.

It's an online aRPG, not just a PVE game lol. Although, to be fair, ggg did succumb to reddit's requests to distort this playerbase more with SSF buffoonery. But at heart, it's still an online aRPG

If one player is seeing more monsters on the screen vs another, that's a p2w/unfair advantage issue
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Aug 21, 2022, 9:07:49 PM
Fix your game first.
"
girng wrote:
"
girng wrote:
-snip-

It's an online aRPG, not just a PVE game lol

If one player is seeing more monsters on the screen vs another, that's a p2w/unfair advantage issue

Does it apply to other things then? If I am able to play the game at 60fps and someone else can only manage 40fps, is that not also an unfair (and I think more impactful) advantage? Why is 21:9 okay but 32:9 not? What about resolution? Should we demand that GGG restricts everyone to playing at 1080p because people who can play at higher resolutions have an unfair advantage?

If I have to work 8 hours a day and can only play PoE 10 hours a week, and someone else lives with their parents and works a part-time job allowing them to play more, is that not also an unfair advantage?

If you're asserting that having an ultrawide is too great an advantage then you necessarily have to agree that other things of similar or greater impact to player progression and experience are also important issues. But nobody complains about this or any other issues from the perspective of unfair advantages, because ultimately PoE is not about players versus players. It's about your own progression.
Last edited by PurpleChakra on Aug 21, 2022, 9:17:05 PM
The quality of the MTX have been through the roof lately, kudos to the artists.

I hope sometime soon the game is back in a state where I can feel good about being a supporter. Not much reason to buy MTX for a game I'm enjoying less and less each patch.
Just buying if the game is fixed...
Very cool box!
I will get some of these for sure as soon as they are on sale regulary.
Nice.
A loot box money grab is ironic considering the reported loot table issue.

"Guys, if they buy enough loot boxes, let's consider restoring reasonable loot drops fixing the loot drop design flaw."

This reminds of the CCP Games EVE Online SNAFU with their $70US jeans MTX for avatars walking around a space station. CCP had severely under delivered on the gaming experience and then had the audacity to ask stupid prices for MTX purchases that would be seen maybe 0.01% of game time.
Last edited by Yazumoto on Aug 22, 2022, 8:27:24 PM
I used to realllly hate the mystery boxes but the no more duplicates is appreciated even though i've never had enough money to buy them if i did i'd be a lot more likely now if i had money :P

You added a cool one Chris that i wish i could get, i'd buy it right now if it were in the shop, is what it is, I'm just not a gambler.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Aug 22, 2022, 9:08:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info