[3.23] [SC+HC] Summon Homing Missiles (SRS) Necromancer: Starting, Leveling & Endgame Mapping

How do you know gem links apply to replica siegebreaker. When I was doodling in pob it seemed only Minion Life and Empower are the only real players. Them and the two curses, not that it still doesn't help with clear but Darkness Enthroned seems the better option. Very insightful build though, thank you!
pob not working cant import i have downloaded latest version of pob
Thanks for this build, very fun in regular farming / leveling but can't pass Baran with 4k HP + 80% light res. Movement speed and dash is not helping that much and zombies are not targeted, getting one shot at each try :'(
This build looks very interesting. Is it good for a league starter?
It's not about winning or losing. It's about how many new rules they have to add to the book because of you.
In the coming days, I will "update" this build for 3.22. I've gone over the patch notes: the gear & passives used are untouched. There are new minion-oriented gems, and while GGG tried to focus on fire damage this time around... None of the new gems actually fit for this build.

As a result, this build guide is still fully good for 3.22/Ancestor League. I will formally update it in the coming days, But anyone thinking of leaguestarting it can go ahead and get started on your planning right away.

"
lalove91 wrote:
How do you know gem links apply to replica siegebreaker. When I was doodling in pob it seemed only Minion Life and Empower are the only real players. Them and the two curses, not that it still doesn't help with clear but Darkness Enthroned seems the better option. Very insightful build though, thank you!

Abyssal Jewels aren't so great for these minions, just because we're scaling our damage off of MI, so we're dealing in numbers that make anything a ghastly eye jewel can provide look like a drop in the bucket.

Siegebreaker/Replica Siegebreaker do modify the actual minion itself; because it counts as an ability the minion itself is using, support gems that modify the minion do give stats that apply to this caustic/burning ground effect. You can actually see the difference by swapping in and out the Concentrated Effect gem, and witness how the ground it leaves on death does get smaller[/i].

It's a little counter-intuitive given that support gems do all say "it does not grant a bonus to your character, but to skills in sockets connected to it;" with the way minions work, this does mean that support gems that apply to a skill that summons minions... Directly provide a passive bonus to that minion.

"
morgan1969 wrote:
pob not working cant import i have downloaded latest version of pob

There's two versions of PoB. To work for this, you need not the "original" version by OpenArl (which is still often branded as "latest") but the "Community fork," sometimes known as the LocalIdentity fork. (named for the main author of it)

"
Hulss wrote:
Thanks for this build, very fun in regular farming / leveling but can't pass Baran with 4k HP + 80% light res. Movement speed and dash is not helping that much and zombies are not targeted, getting one shot at each try :'(

Baran is overall a very nasty boss unless your clear speed is so high you can just instantly delete him. It can help to carefully pre-place a bunch of spirits right before he activates (similar to pre-loading traps/mines but it requires more difficult timing) but he will remain a challenge to avoid, no matter your build. I would recommend looking into some guides for fighting Baran designed for more ranged characters.

"
B_Brown wrote:
This build looks very interesting. Is it good for a league starter?

In general, I consider it pretty excellent for a league start. If you are in a Trade league, make sure to be prepared to buy a Siegebreaker once you hit level 44, (which should cost you a chaos or less; it's a zero-value belt) and try to save up to buy a Tavukai once you get higher level. (this may be very pricy the first weekend, though the introduction of a divination card for it may cut that down a lot)

Playing it in SSF is a bit tougher admittedly, since you'll be missing out on the big benefit you'd get from having the correct belt (Siegebreaker/Replica Siegebreaker) and amulet. (Tavukai) It can work in SSF, but it will definitely feel pretty sluggish until you can find those. (Ordinary siegebreaker is pretty common in early mapping, but Tavukai is League-specific and unlikely to be found as a global drop; I recommend farming the card "The Return of the Rat" in The Grain Gate/Arsenal or The Refinery/Factory if you want to play it SSF) It also in theory should be good for Ruthless, but I have not tested it.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Last edited by ACGIFT on Aug 15, 2023, 1:42:44 AM
PoB has been updated for 3.22. In all honesty, this involved basically nothing beyond converting the trees to 3.22 and double-checking the nodes & numbers. to try and premptively answer some questions you all might have for 3.22:

• Why doesn't the PoB work when I import it? You are using the wrong version of PoB: the "original" version (often known as the "OpenArl" version) is outdated and does not work with most published data today. Instead, get the "Community Fork" (https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/releases) and use that instead.

• Will this be a good league starter? Yes, this build & guide are explicitly designed for league-start use. The minimum to get going requires no trading, and the amount of trading to make strong progress is pretty minimal: Siegebreaker, Tavukai, and Mark of the Red Covenant are generally all pretty common, lower-demand uniques.

• Will this be good for HC/SSF/Ruthless? The build leans towards what most consider "HC" design by default, so it's survivable enough to be suitable. You can level this with SSF, but if you don't have access to at least a Siegebreaker/Replica Siegebreaker and a Tavukai, this will start to feel a bit spotty & unresponsive in the endgame.

Fortunately, Tavukai can be more reasonably farmed in SSF with the addition of the semi-recent (as of 3.20) card The Return of the Rat, which drops in Act 8 (The Grain GatE) Act 9 (The Refinery) and their respective same-tileset maps. (Arsenal & Factory)

Ruthless viability hinges entirely upon access to a means of SRS degen: finding an Infernal Legion Support (or even better, a Tavukai) basically means you're good to go. (but again, neither have any farmable/guaranteed source in Ruthless) So you can't start on this skill in Ruthless, but it can make for a pretty strong second character.

• What about the new gems for 3.22/Ancestor League? None of them really help our build. At face value it almost looks like Fresh Meat might help, given it'd seemingly give Minion Instability (which has a base crit chance of 0) a chance to crit. However, the buff for this only lasts for 10% of the minion's duration, so in order to benefit, the minion would have to die before 10% of its duration has expired. (which is about 1 second give or take with this build) While it might be theoretically possible to stack enough duration to get this to work, the payoff would be pretty small compared to what else we could get for one of the gems already in the build.

• Are you going to update the guide further? In the coming weeks, I do hope to go over and revise/improve this even further. A longer-term goal is to provide some more examples of equipment, and broader gameplay tips; both how to best farm gear for it, as well as specific gameplay tactics for playing the build itself.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
I didnt see this asked so im hoping it hasnt been.

At what point would you suggest moving from Mark to Bone helmet, I get that a gg bone helmet isnt worth it cost wise, but is there a point where youd say +2 level and "more that 5 srs summons" is overall more damage?
Last edited by ChrisBiscuits on Aug 25, 2023, 7:06:36 AM
"
ChrisBiscuits wrote:
I didnt see this asked so im hoping it hasnt been.

At what point would you suggest moving from Mark to Bone helmet, I get that a gg bone helmet isnt worth it cost wise, but is there a point where youd say +2 level and "more that 5 srs summons" is overall more damage?

For most gameplay, this is almost immediately, really, at least upon getting a decent helmet. That's a lot harder than getting a Mark.
I am having a lot of fun with build. I also included Vaal skeletons for when I need some additional meat between me and the enemies and they are amazing in so many situations. And a Tattoo +1 to all blue skills. Which brought my SRS to lvl35.

I have one question, I got the final armor with Elemental Equilibrium passive, what skill is best use to activate it? All the skills I tried just feel clumsy to apply.
Is there any support gem you would recommend to replace Infernal Legion after you get Tavukai and before having an Empower support?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info