[3.23] [SC+HC] Summon Homing Missiles (SRS) Necromancer: Starting, Leveling & Endgame Mapping

What about the emberwake ruby ring for increased fire damage?
"
Secret_Trader wrote:
What about the emberwake ruby ring for increased fire damage?

Unless a mod explicitly states that it applies to your minions, then it does not. Emberwake only affects your own damage, and does not help your minions.

If you want to boost your SRS damage with a ring, then you'll have to use a rare ring; either a bone ring, or there's a few minion-specific mods you can get on other rings, namely a damage prefix on any Redeemer-influenced ring, or as a delve suffix on any ring from a node that awards minion items. You can also benchcraft a suffix onto any ring for increased minion life.

Of course, a lot of these mods are going to be suffixes, which will eat into your mod slots for capping your resists, hence why I don't place much priority on that.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
It affects combustion and ignite i thought
"
Secret_Trader wrote:
It affects combustion and ignite i thought

Nope. Once again, unless a passive or item explicitly mentions applying to minions, it just does not. No modifier (that doesn't name minions) to any mechanic covers both yourself and your minions.

Note that this is different from your traps, mines, totems, or mirages, (none of which are minions) which do benefit from passives that affect you, because they all count as "you" doing those things.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Correct with one exception sort of. Monsters dying from minion ailments count as your kill.

Strangely also it seems abhorrent interrogation works with minions as tested by me but not confirmed. I did very limited testing but the difference seemed to align with what pob showed in the elemental damage when you inflict wither on an enemy.
"
ZRzAJBlvNx wrote:
Correct with one exception sort of. Monsters dying from minion ailments count as your kill.

Yeah, what the game counts as "your kills" is weird and jank, and an entirely different bucket of fish... That I'm not sure has ever been consistent in the entire history of the game.
Is there any way to make this build not so slow? I tried mixing in skele mages even and mapping is just so slow what's the build even meant for? shaper bosses?
"
Secret_Trader wrote:
Is there any way to make this build not so slow? I tried mixing in skele mages even and mapping is just so slow what's the build even meant for? shaper bosses?

If you're using other minions for damage (such as skeletons or spectres) you're doing it wrong. You want to rely exclusively on your SRS for dealing damage.

The basic strat is one I've outlined a couple times in the guide: you need to move actively. It plays less like your garden-variety zookeeper, and more like a self-cast spellcaster. You do not stand back and wait for your minions to run out and slaughter everything for you; this is an active-playstyle build, not a passive one.

The objective is to run close to a pack of enemies, (preferably on the edge, not in the middle) cast SRS once, and then immediately begin running to the next pack. (use QS flask/flame dash/etc.) This will wipe pretty much all mobs as you go. Only try to stand back and spam at a distance for things that are very nasty, such as bosses and stacked Archnemesis rares.

Controls-wise, my normal method is to have one mouse button bound to "move only" and another set to SRS. I always hold down the move button, and periodically interrupt by clicking SRS. (I never let go of the move button) This is a style that will take some getting used to, but makes a huge difference.

Speed will again be more comparable to many self-cast spellcasters, (so yes, slower than say a TS deadeye or flicker strike, but faster than a cycloner) but generally a bit faster since you don't have to pay much heed to the exact spot you target your offense. You want to treat your SRS not as a minion, but as an offensive self-cast spell. Just that it's one that is impossible to miss with.

And yes, overall for generic mapping it's not as suited as it is to special encounters & bossing, but it definitely works well enough in maps, once you learn how to handle the kit.
Last edited by ACGIFT on Aug 26, 2022, 2:49:24 AM
"
Secret_Trader wrote:

Try to use new rings like
and put The jewel Fortress Covenant near Quick Recovery. It gives you 60% minion taken damage. At least I play so and my minions move and died very fast. It's funny!
Nice build, my only concern is defenses from what I have seen in the written guide (don't have access to POB right now) is determination would you not be too squishy and getting one shot left and right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info