[3.23] [SC+HC] Summon Homing Missiles (SRS) Necromancer: Starting, Leveling & Endgame Mapping

"
XAssassin321 wrote:
Great build, doing t16 easy and still I got room for improvements.
Does flat minion damage such as physical & fire damage has any effect on the explosion damage ? or is that purely based on health ?

Sources of flat minion damage do apply to the explosions, but when you compare to how much damage the explosion has from Minion Instability, it's a drop in the bucket.

The barebones PoB I provide already gives the SRS 77,492 life, which means the explosion will be doing a base 25,572 (technically "25,572 to 25,572") flat fire damage: an extra couple dozen average from an abyssal jewel or the like isn't even a tenth of a percent of that.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Thanks for this build! I changed it a little bit, i took shield and some nodes with block, but core is that same. It's very fun map runner and also boss killer, it's very universal build, and not that expensive (i'm pure casual player so not to much money :) ). Thank You ACGIFT!
Last edited by liberateme on Sep 16, 2022, 10:57:11 AM
How can I gain more movement speed with this build? I have the seven league step but i'm still too slow. I was thinking to use haste but it takes 50% reservation but maybe with enlighten it would work idk. Do you have any ideas?
"
Moegee wrote:
How can I gain more movement speed with this build? I have the seven league step but i'm still too slow. I was thinking to use haste but it takes 50% reservation but maybe with enlighten it would work idk. Do you have any ideas?

For maximum movement speed, I'd lean more heavily on flasks: take both a quicksilver & a silver flask, (the onslaught from silver doubles to improve your cast rate and thus DPS...) and make sure you have a decent movespeed suffix. Provided you're making use of the proper technique of "step, cast, step, cast" you should be able to have consistent flask uptime for around +100% to +120% movement speed.

Also, don't forget that (unlike other minion builds) as you will have investment in cast speed, using teleport spells like Flame Dash & Lightning Warp is a preferable way to cross large empty spans.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Last edited by ACGIFT on Oct 14, 2022, 6:18:15 AM
About Triad Grip and SrS. The Damage will convert if you use the gloves with SrS even after the change from 50% phys + 50% of phys converted to fire - to 100% phys converted into fire damage. Conversion Works only in this direction with this priority. Phys into lightning into Cold into fire into chaos.
100% of your physical Damage is converted to Fire from you SrS Skill and you have 4 Green(cold) sockets on your Triad Grip the game will acctually do 50% cold and 50% fire damage... before using any auras like Hatred and such...
Im not 100% sure but I think you can achieve something a bit higher of 85% of your SrS damage converted into cold with the Triad Grips the Right auras and right gear.
This would definitely be anomalous behavior (and might reflect a bug in PoB) as normally gem-based conversion isn't supposed to be treated as the same priority as conversion from gems. (e.g, if you were using a different gem with built-in 100% physical-to-fire conversion like Blast Rain or Burning Arrow, there's no gear at all that could make you convert any of your physical damage to cold or lightning) I suppose this might bear some extra research to confirm this.

Though also it's worth noting that for the purpose of this build, it's a bit moot either way: Minion Instability's effect isn't physical at all, but flat fire damage. It might be interesting if there was a way to convert minion fire damage to chaos, but sadly there doesn't seem to be any options available for minions for that specific step.
Hi,

I think you can forget about the leveling Sidhebreath amulet as the new version is cold minion oriented and have the line "Minions deal no Non-Cold Damage".

Took me 44 level to understand why my SRS were doing no damage at all (spending 5 minutes to kill act bosses :D)
"
Thoril_Ktulu wrote:
Hi,

I think you can forget about the leveling Sidhebreath amulet as the new version is cold minion oriented and have the line "Minions deal no Non-Cold Damage".

Took me 44 level to understand why my SRS were doing no damage at all (spending 5 minutes to kill act bosses :D)

Oh dear, that's definitely something that I'd missed in the patch. Definitely changes lot, so I'll have to remove that. Good eye on that; thank you!
Hi just wanted to say I am playing HC SSF & been using this build guide. Thank you.
Gonna be playing this in 3.20, since I don't think there's been any significant changes to SRS or anything else that's particularly relevant to this build.

It looks fun as hell, and I'm really looking forward to something fairly general-purpose like this. I'm not super interested in just making a god-tier mapper who can't do bosses, or something super specialized for delve or expedition. This seems like it does fairly well at everything, and the playstyle honestly seems neat as heck.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info