[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Graiaule wrote:
Hey whiterockxx, how is your crit version working out?

--------------

I had time to pull in your build with my gear from the previous league, and got a ~20% dps gain, so well done.

The bottleneck would appear to be the helm enchant (zealotry or purity of elements.) I assume you purchased the helm with the enchant already and smashed it with spites? (I tried that previous league and that did not go well. ~150 spites and nothing good.)

Worked surprisely well. This is the league that i finished my itens and level 100 fastest than ever.

This crit version was very cheap to start, since dont need clusters and no split personality.

All my itens are self crafted, i bought the bases and spam essences on all my itens, including the forbiddens jewels, expended less then 20ex

forbiddens flame = 2ex
forbidden flesh = 3ex
militant faith = 2ex
7% int base ring = 1ex each
13%+ int amulet base = 1ex
hunter exalted for helm craft = 2ex
chest base with t1 hybrid fractured = 30c
helm with enchant = 50c
13%+ int belt base = 70c
stampede = 30c
2x golden oil = 60c
no enlighten gem need at all, unless you go extreme mode. (planning to add it in the build soon, to remove the 25% discipline reservation mastery or maybe squeeze another aura)

Total 12ex + 300c in itens cost.

all rest was Spite essences and eldtrich and exarch orbs, orb of conflict and orbs of annulment.

As you see... it was cheap!

To do the acts at first day, i used vortex cold dot, same tree but damage over time nodes insted of critical nodes.

So even the transition was cheap, with few regrets expended!

My only concern is about low ES and no block. I die to one shot SOMETIMES on uber bosses. Maybe i can reduce a little my damage, to add block... i'll try in a near future.

Thats why now, my 2 rings have +1 minimum endurance charge, to reduce the physical damage taken.

Now that i'm alerdy lvl 100 and have all itens, i'll try to experiment improve this variant.

I'm enjoying this setup. Even my vortex is doing more damage then the icestorm from other players on the poe.ninja list!
Last edited by whiterockxx on Dec 17, 2022, 10:47:27 PM
First time playing Whispering Ice, so I could be missing something, but I'm surprised no one is talking about Shavronne's Revelation. 2c ring with a maxroll 75 int, massive 250 flat ES, 40 mp/s means you can basically straight up drop Clarity, and it pretty much doesn't have a downside since we run Ghostreaver and have no meaningful ES regen. Hell you could hit a 6% int corruption probably much cheaper than the multiple divines a synth base costs rn.
Last edited by MasterLuminosity on Dec 18, 2022, 1:39:22 AM
"
whiterockxx wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:
Hey whiterockxx, how is your crit version working out?

--------------

I had time to pull in your build with my gear from the previous league, and got a ~20% dps gain, so well done.

The bottleneck would appear to be the helm enchant (zealotry or purity of elements.) I assume you purchased the helm with the enchant already and smashed it with spites? (I tried that previous league and that did not go well. ~150 spites and nothing good.)

Worked surprisely well. This is the league that i finished my itens and level 100 fastest than ever.

This crit version was very cheap to start, since dont need clusters and no split personality.

All my itens are self crafted, i bought the bases and spam essences on all my itens, including the forbiddens jewels, expended less then 20ex

forbiddens flame = 2ex
forbidden flesh = 3ex
militant faith = 2ex
7% int base ring = 1ex each
13%+ int amulet base = 1ex
hunter exalted for helm craft = 2ex
chest base with t1 hybrid fractured = 30c
helm with enchant = 50c
13%+ int belt base = 70c
stampede = 30c
2x golden oil = 60c
no enlighten gem need at all, unless you go extreme mode. (planning to add it in the build soon, to remove the 25% discipline reservation mastery or maybe squeeze another aura)

Total 12ex + 300c in itens cost.

all rest was Spite essences and eldtrich and exarch orbs, orb of conflict and orbs of annulment.

As you see... it was cheap!

To do the acts at first day, i used vortex cold dot, same tree but damage over time nodes insted of critical nodes.

So even the transition was cheap, with few regrets expended!

My only concern is about low ES and no block. I die to one shot SOMETIMES on uber bosses. Maybe i can reduce a little my damage, to add block... i'll try in a near future.

Thats why now, my 2 rings have +1 minimum endurance charge, to reduce the physical damage taken.

Now that i'm alerdy lvl 100 and have all itens, i'll try to experiment improve this variant.

I'm enjoying this setup. Even my vortex is doing more damage then the icestorm from other players on the poe.ninja list!

Look, we could always push the damage on this build by sacrificing defenses and in my eyes its never worth it.

You have 36% Attack Block chance and 6% spell block chance as well as only 9K ES, even 40% more damage isn't worth sacrificing the one thing that makes this build a god tier all rounder.

You're essentially "wasting" the overleech because you can get one shot, which just isn't possible on the normal build.

I wonder how well did you fare vs Uber bosses or you don't usually do them? Were you able to burst?
Last edited by Firestrike9 on Dec 18, 2022, 2:59:40 AM
"
First time playing Whispering Ice, so I could be missing something, but I'm surprised no one is talking about Shavronne's Revelation. 2c ring with a maxroll 75 int, massive 250 flat ES, 40 mp/s means you can basically straight up drop Clarity, and it pretty much doesn't have a downside since we run Ghostreaver and have no meaningful ES regen. Hell you could hit a 6% int corruption probably much cheaper than the multiple divines a synth base costs rn.

Unfortunately, it pales in comparison to any random 50 int 1000eva 200es chest, as the Trickster ascension gives you much more +es per evasion on your chest.
Last edited by Oldern365 on Dec 18, 2022, 4:46:33 AM
"
Oldern365 wrote:
"

Unfortunately, it pales in comparison to any random 50 int 1000eva 200es chest, as the Trickster ascension gives you much more +es per evasion on your chest.

He was talking about a ring, not body armour. I did snatch a 6% int corrupted shav revelation for 30c today, it gave me a massive 1,6k ES boost. I'm now close to 11k.
@Firestrike9

even with 60% chance to block on spell and attack the boss hit will eventually pass even with 15k ES you die if de damage reduction is not enought.

with the setup i'm playing to do ubers i change the assassin mark for self cast enfeeble that was buffed for self cast this league, my chest have damage reduction intead % int, and i have +2 endurance charges up all time because my rings.

In conclusion:
I can do uber bosses.
I usually burst then, usually kill then before they run any mechanic.
Sometimes in fact i die, but only to ubers.(who dont?)
Never die on regular pinnacle fights or mapping because everything just melt in seconds.
My clear speed on maps is amazing.

For less then 20ex expended on itens i think that was a really good choice.

I work alot dezember, so i have few time to play, but i'll keep trying to upgrqde this variant, just need time.

But i assure, its a good way to complete the game content and farm currency faster.

Was a impressive mark i made this league, on first league week, made all pinnacle encounters by myself, reach lvl 100 and started to do ubers.. not bad for an off meta variant

Last edited by whiterockxx on Dec 18, 2022, 7:20:03 AM
"

That looks like a great idea! Nice find!
"
PrinceOfPower wrote:
"
Oldern365 wrote:
"

He was talking about a ring, not body armour. I did snatch a 6% int corrupted shav revelation for 30c today, it gave me a massive 1,6k ES boost. I'm now close to 11k.

It's really nice ES wise but you will be starving for resists at this point.
"
PrinceOfPower wrote:
"
Oldern365 wrote:
"

It's really nice ES wise but you will be starving for resists at this point.

It is true that managing resists while using this is hard, however is more of a transition option rather than an endgame one. I will have to change the normal jewels i have now with others with +resist after i craft my body armour. After that i plan to change the astramentis with a +int, %int, 1%dmg per 15int amulet. I may probably have to change the shavs after i manage to buy another %Int ring.
Last edited by PrinceOfPower on Dec 18, 2022, 8:19:56 AM
Heyoh everyone.
I'm a little bit out of the loop, but I've tried to keep tabs on Kelvyn's builds and this caught my eye, I skimmed through a conversation some days ago regarding stun immunity, did you figure out if the flask is enough to keep you from getting stunned or did you have to do something else?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info