[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Chridian wrote:
Heyoh everyone.
I'm a little bit out of the loop, but I've tried to keep tabs on Kelvyn's builds and this caught my eye, I skimmed through a conversation some days ago regarding stun immunity, did you figure out if the flask is enough to keep you from getting stunned or did you have to do something else?

Personnally, I leveled up to juiced T16s with no form of stun avoidance or mitigation whatsoever (except the recovery from Stampede) and I really didn't need it. Only times I noticed a problem was in fringe cases like a pack of spikey ladies from Eater influence with +5 projectile from an altar. I didn't even pick the "stun threshold from ES" mastery.

Haven't bossed much yet though.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
First time playing Whispering Ice, so I could be missing something, but I'm surprised no one is talking about Shavronne's Revelation. 2c ring with a maxroll 75 int, massive 250 flat ES, 40 mp/s means you can basically straight up drop Clarity, and it pretty much doesn't have a downside since we run Ghostreaver and have no meaningful ES regen. Hell you could hit a 6% int corruption probably much cheaper than the multiple divines a synth base costs rn.

That looks like a great idea! Nice find!

Its such a nice find that I just snatched myself a +%int corrupted version of that ring. Now I sit at 9.4k es. (1880int)

Magnificent :D
Tell me that wasn't a 100C ring with a 4% implicit.

TELL ME THAT'S NOT WHY THE PERSON I MESSAGED A FEW MINUTES AGO AFTER CAREFUL CONSIDERATION DIDN'T ANSWER

Congratz, my live search continues haha.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Chridian wrote:
Heyoh everyone.
I'm a little bit out of the loop, but I've tried to keep tabs on Kelvyn's builds and this caught my eye, I skimmed through a conversation some days ago regarding stun immunity, did you figure out if the flask is enough to keep you from getting stunned or did you have to do something else?

Personnally, I leveled up to juiced T16s with no form of stun avoidance or mitigation whatsoever (except the recovery from Stampede) and I really didn't need it. Only times I noticed a problem was in fringe cases like a pack of spikey ladies from Eater influence with +5 projectile from an altar. I didn't even pick the "stun threshold from ES" mastery.

Haven't bossed much yet though.

Well if that isnt a glowing recommendation, I don't know what is.
time for me to snag myself a softly talking staff and a certain attribute amulet and get to leveling!
Many thanks and apologies if that question has been asked too much.
"
WinterHiko wrote:

TELL ME THAT'S NOT WHY THE PERSON I MESSAGED A FEW MINUTES AGO AFTER CAREFUL CONSIDERATION DIDN'T ANSWER

Yep it was that one :D
Last edited by Oldern365 on Dec 18, 2022, 10:34:03 AM
"
Oldern365 wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:

Yep it was that one :D

Snatched it right under my nose :P Shouldn't have spent so much time reading stats in PoB.
"
First time playing Whispering Ice, so I could be missing something, but I'm surprised no one is talking about Shavronne's Revelation. 2c ring with a maxroll 75 int, massive 250 flat ES, 40 mp/s means you can basically straight up drop Clarity, and it pretty much doesn't have a downside since we run Ghostreaver and have no meaningful ES regen. Hell you could hit a 6% int corruption probably much cheaper than the multiple divines a synth base costs rn.

nice one. i just tried the one i had in my uniques tab and went from 9502 es to 11192. very nice upgrade. now to fix my res that is now at 55/52/0... ouch lol
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
"
WinterHiko wrote:
Here's a few elements :

You've got a random +10 Strength node that breaks your pathing on the right of the tree. Unallocating it is massive (instant 5k hit).

Try to fit in Hatred/Enlighten. That's a massive amount of damage (25% more for me). Enlighten + the reservation mastery nodes on the left of the tree + Charisma annoint on boots whould do the trick.

Keep Elemental Proliferation on the Cyclone staff. It really makes a big difference on the freeze rate of enemies, which in turn reduces damage taken massively.

Change the Granite flasks for Evasion flasks. It's going to scale better since we're not running any armor and armor gets better as it stacks.

You can probably unallocate the Dreamer nodes now that your Clarity is high enough.

The Safeguard nodes should also make a big difference. Plus, pathing through those nodes will make the Split Personnalities be farther from the start.

All in all, though, you seem to have similar defenses to mine, though about 20% less DPS. I'm a bit stumped, because I'm wading through enemies easily without dying at all. Are you moving at full speed through enemy packs while Cycloning? You can go through, then back again, always moving at full speed and you should dodge a lot of the hits that way. You do have 3000 evasion (10% chance) less than me (10k/24% with flasks), so maybe that plus the 8% block and 12% spell block chance is what makes the difference.

Hope that helps!

Thanks a lot, friend, i'll think about your advices!
So, you drop purity of elements and choose hatred? My resists are now very poor and idk how to get them higher :D
"
spaceace7373 wrote:
"

nice one. i just tried the one i had in my uniques tab and went from 9502 es to 11192. very nice upgrade. now to fix my res that is now at 55/52/0... ouch lol

Same. Was able to get a corrupted one for a div and I got straight 2k ES and +200int from it. And now my res are 48/75/65 (removed a +24%allres Heup of all). Changed my Wise Oak from cast when hit unique to cast when charges full while waiting for an upgrade in resistances.

Still a massive upgrade and a great idea! It could also cover for Clarity or a Mdmg taken recouped as mana mastery on top of that.
"
Ghost285 wrote:

Thanks a lot, friend, i'll think about your advices!
So, you drop purity of elements and choose hatred? My resists are now very poor and idk how to get them higher :D

i would not drop Purity of Elements. It also covers for freeze and shocked, which is quite impactful.

There are a couple of ways to fit in Hatred. Note that I'm not using Aspect of the Spider.

In order of budget :

Very low : Charisma annoint + reservation wheel + small 2 nodes reservation cluster with Discipline has 80% extra reservation (2-5C) (uses a jewel slot and 2 skill point).

Medium : Charisma annoint (50-70C) + reservation wheel + Enlighten lvl3.

High : reservation wheel + Enlighten lvl4 (frees up Charisma annoint for Steelwood Stance or Mystic Talents).

You could also use Shavronne's Revelation to drop Clarity, but you lose access to + max mana as ES Watcher's Eye (if you plan on using that).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info