[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Moving attribute jewels to corruptions kinda sucks as it was an easy way to get some early power.

The fact we get them without stun avoidance implicit is a massive blow to non-scion builds and will make gearing even more of a pain in the ass.

Build remains good, just more annoying to gear and the earlier stages will be a bit more rough.
Well, 50% stun avoidance has been enough in practice from level 90-98 for me. And you get that with 4 passives. Just need to tweak the tree. We've been hurt worse than that before and survived.

I actually had Tolerance up before I switched to the cluster tree in 3.19.
Last edited by Graiaule on Dec 1, 2022, 5:48:06 PM
"
Graiaule wrote:
Patch notes that affect us that I was able to find:

1. Brute Force/Fertile Mind require corrupting other jewels to get. GGG appears to have forgotten that there's a div card that gives Fertile Mind.

2. Hextouch curses are weakened, but we will still use them.

3. Stun immunity is going to be harder to get. We will have to use the Tolerance cluster (4 passive points) until we can minmax our gloves/helm. Stun immunity is no longer an available modifier on gems.

So, overall, seems like we lose a bit of dps and a bit of tankiness from the weakened curses and the fact we're not going to get 24 int on our unique jewels, as well as losing 4 passives.

We'll also need to figure out a new passive tree layout for the cluster jewels because Tolerance short-circuits the existing tree. I suspect the old Hatred tree will work but I haven't tried it yet.

We lose a bit of dps against cursed rares, but that wasn't very useful anyway. The almost double curse effectiveness against pinnacles is much more huge IMO.
@WinterHiko -- Right, I forgot to mention that. Thanks for the reminder!

In summary, WI Trickster still looks like the best WI build!
The curse effect reduction removed from the bosses is mostly negated by reduced base effect of curses and Hextouch getting 35% reduced cure effect.

For Frostbite before
-base value: 44
-boss reduction: -66%
-Hextouch reduction: 0%
-Hextouch quality bonus: +10%

For total of 44% effect, ends up with 19% reduced resistance value.

For Frostbite after
-base value: 36
-boss reduction: 0%
-Hextouch reduction: -35%%
-Hextouch quality bonus: 0%

For total of 65% effect, ends up with 23% reduced resistance value.

Elemental weakness has same stuff with base values of 39/30 and both getting additional 10% curse effect from gem quality. This ends up with total effect of

before: 21%
after: 22%

Not counting changes to the Whispers of Doom cluster, that probably means taking two 5% increased curse effect passives.

@Cjin -- thanks for the math. I think this implies manual casting of Frostbite/Elemental Weakness.

Right now my active keys are (cyclone/icestorm)(vortex)(frost shield) with frostblink on my RMB (and move on LMB.)

I have room to put Frostbite and Elem weakness on the 2 remaining keys.

Experimenting with my current char, mana is no issue, even with faster casting support. And there's 2 sockets remaining!! (Portal and Item Rarity anyone? Or culling strike before you get the megalomaniac with that.)

Only minor issue is the stutter as the spell is cast (same for frost shield.) So the goal would be for a 21/23 faster casting support and a 6S 4L chest (faster casting for frostblink too.)

Okay, we're still good and get a good dps increase on bosses (especially as we're not moving much with the boss staff.)

P.S. Here's a possible cluster-level tree: https://pastebin.com/QmVYLxr3
Last edited by Graiaule on Dec 2, 2022, 12:55:22 AM
"
Graiaule wrote:
Experimenting with my current char, mana is no issue, even with faster casting support. And there's 2 sockets remaining!! (Portal and Item Rarity anyone? Or culling strike before you get the megalomaniac with that.)

Remember that Item Rarity affect only kills done by skills it supports. You can probably get away with linking it to something with culling strike until you get Wish for Death.

But after WfD you would have to link Item Rarity to Icestorm. Best option would probably be moving Arcane Surge to somewhere else. You still get the global bonus for Icestorm, but might need to lower the level to get the buff uptime closer to 1005.

One option for extra damage is to link Unbound Ailments to Bonechill setup. Strength of the extra damage taken from bonchill is based on strength of the chill. UA increases the chill effect and with that the Bonechill effect as well.
I guess I should have read the description for Item Rarity.

POB says awakened unbound ailments level 5 is 5% more dps, so that's one use of one of the spare sockets.

I love this community -- I would not have thought to use UA.
I'm thinking of leveling as Cold Dam over time Trickster
I always have problems with mine leveling
"
Graiaule wrote:
@Cjin -- thanks for the math. I think this implies manual casting of Frostbite/Elemental Weakness.

Right now my active keys are (cyclone/icestorm)(vortex)(frost shield) with frostblink on my RMB (and move on LMB.)

I have room to put Frostbite and Elem weakness on the 2 remaining keys.

Only minor issue is the stutter as the spell is cast (same for frost shield.) So the goal would be for a 21/23 faster casting support and a 6S 4L chest (faster casting for frostblink too.)

Okay, we're still good and get a good dps increase on bosses (especially as we're not moving much with the boss staff.)

P.S. Here's a possible cluster-level tree: https://pastebin.com/QmVYLxr3

Are you using Wave of conviction? I'm wondering where the two extra sockets come from.

Self-casting might bypass the curse reduction, but it'll require some time to cast twice, which is a DPS decrease in and of itself. Not sure if it's going to be worth it over the Ball Lightning setup, especially while mapping.

Also, what kind of madman doesn't put cyclone on RMB :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info