[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Graiaule wrote:
"
Snowbliz wrote:

GGG wants us to think this is a buff.

They are nerfing more and more and so more players will leave

Come on, we're better than that in this thread. It's a change.

Some leagues have been a bit meh and some leagues (like this one and the one where we could stack 12 split personalities) were awesome.

I look forward to the other changes. Who wants to play the same league over and over again...

As long as shadow asscen doesn't change i'll play WI.
"
gruumine wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
Snowbliz wrote:

GGG wants us to think this is a buff.

They are nerfing more and more and so more players will leave

Come on, we're better than that in this thread. It's a change.

Some leagues have been a bit meh and some leagues (like this one and the one where we could stack 12 split personalities) were awesome.

I look forward to the other changes. Who wants to play the same league over and over again...

As long as shadow asscen doesn't change i'll play WI.

How is it at a League-starter? I have not started with it yet, though I probably will in 3.20. What are the first priorities?
"
WinterHiko wrote:

How is it at a League-starter? I have not started with it yet, though I probably will in 3.20. What are the first priorities?

We have to wait for the patchnotes and Kevlynn
Changes to the conversion jewels should not make them that much pricier.

What I'm wondering, though, is if it will be better to swap one of them for a rare jewel. We could compensate for the stun avoidance we're losing on them (since they're now corrupted without implicits) and get the corrupted blood immunity. We could still get a +14int. Depending on the values on the ailment avoidance affixes, it might be worth the loss of 20-30 flat int. Corrupting the Watcher's Eye sounds risky and not worth it unless min-maxing.

Has anyone tried completely ignoring Corrupted Blood immunity? Is it necessary with the godly amount of overleech we got on the build? And is the stun avoidance necessary for bossing?

EDIT : FAQ says 50% avoidance on abyss jewels, 25% on other jewels. A single one shoudl be enough.
Last edited by WinterHiko on Nov 15, 2022, 3:35:32 PM
I just had the corrupted blood flask and no immunity this league and had zero problems (I used stun immunity for my corrupted implicits.)
"
WinterHiko wrote:

What I'm wondering, though, is if it will be better to swap one of them for a rare jewel. We could compensate for the stun avoidance we're losing on them (since they're now corrupted without implicits) and get the corrupted blood immunity. We could still get a +14int. Depending on the values on the ailment avoidance affixes, it might be worth the loss of 20-30 flat int. Corrupting the Watcher's Eye sounds risky and not worth it unless min-maxing.

Has anyone tried completely ignoring Corrupted Blood immunity? Is it necessary with the godly amount of overleech we got on the build? And is the stun avoidance necessary for bossing?

EDIT : FAQ says 50% avoidance on abyss jewels, 25% on other jewels. A single one shoudl be enough.

After I bought the Emperor's Wit Jewel I lost my Jewel with the corrupted Blood, still had the Flask and never had problems with this.
My Stun immunity was low, only on 2 Jewels and sometimes I had the feeling of getting stunned.
"
WinterHiko wrote:

Where was written that the corrupted Unique jewels drop without implicits?
"
Snowbliz wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:

Where was written that the corrupted Unique jewels drop without implicits?

You'll get them via corruption now, so the only way, as far as I know, to get a corrupted implicit on them will be via lucky double-corruption of a unique jewel of the same class.

If you take into account the increased rarity of random unique jewels, plus the fact that every time you corrupt the jewel, you get 1/4 chance of turning into a corrupted unique jewel and you need to hit your 1/4 chance of getting an implicit on the second corruption, the odds at 100C a pop (I think that's the price for a temple with double-corruption) will make them prohibitively expensive. Something like 1/8th times the odds of your specific corruption times the number of possible unique jewels results. Getting a conversion jewel with a good implicit might cost 10+div, unless there's another way i don't know about. Not impossible, but realistically only available for high-end min-maxing, whereas I'm currently trying to sell two of them with a stun avoidance implicit and I've been lowering the price for the last three weeks (currently sitting at 24C I think).

It'll be worth trying to work our way around those, I think.

Corrupt immunity via flask is fine unless you are trying to kill Uber Sirus.
I made a terrible mistake this league. I started with this build, went to level 95 with it, then thought I'd try another build, which will be more fun, more DPS, tankier and/or more well-rounded.

Well. I've tried FOUR other builds, some popular, some niche. Went to early 90s with all of them. Plot twist: they turned out not more fun, certainly not tankier and for sure not more well-rounded than WI.

So now after losing about a month worth of time that I could've spent working on my challenges with WI, I'm back to this build. And having fun again and clearing all content.

Don't be like me. Stick with Whispering Ice.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info