[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
sinner9951 wrote:
Why does Kelvynn have Watcher's Eye with two Clarity mods, even though he replaced Clarity with Hatred in the header?

he has clarity in his boots still? https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Kelvynn/characters. we dont have frost shield now
"
jjmccaw wrote:
"
sinner9951 wrote:
Why does Kelvynn have Watcher's Eye with two Clarity mods, even though he replaced Clarity with Hatred in the header?

he has clarity in his boots still? https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Kelvynn/characters. we dont have frost shield now

Thanks. He removed the portal.
"
sinner9951 wrote:

I didn't replace Clarity (that would ruin the mana sustain). Just moved it to another slot (in the gloves) to put Enlighten with the big reservation auras.

This build has 2 free sockets that you can use for anything you want. Earlier in the league I used Frost Shield and Vaal RF. Then got an Enlighten and decent enough gear not to bother with Frost Shield anymore. And Vaal RF was too risky while leveling to 100, so I just used Portal while grinding maps.

The final high end version uses Hatred and Enlighten 4 for those two sockets.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jan 18, 2023, 12:05:33 PM
And can you tell me how much you can put on a mob of penetrates cold resistance? Is there any limit? And if so, do we have too many nodes with penetrates resistance?
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
sinner9951 wrote:

I didn't replace Clarity (that would ruin the mana sustain). Just moved it to another slot (in the gloves) to put Enlighten with the big reservation auras.

This build has 2 free sockets that you can use for anything you want. Earlier in the league I used Frost Shield and Vaal RF. Then got an Enlighten and decent enough gear not to bother with Frost Shield anymore. And Vaal RF was too risky at the high levels, so I just used Portal while grinding maps.

The final high end version uses Hatred and Enlighten 4 for those two sockets.

Thanks for the detailed answer.
"
sinner9951 wrote:
And can you tell me how much you can put on a mob of penetrates cold resistance? Is there any limit? And if so, do we have too many nodes with penetrates resistance?

There is no cap on resist penetration. It can take the enemy resists to negative values.
"
jjmccaw wrote:
anyone mind looking at my profile and letting me know if i'm doing anything specifically wrong with the high end version?

i feel like my dps is off. i acknowledge i need to 20 qual my gems and need to get an opportunistic forbidden (but its a bit pricey right now and whirling barrier + deadly infusion gives me something at least).

- You have Elemental Overload on a relic, right? The website doesn't show it, but I hope you haven't just dropped EO. But even if I add EO, PoB shows your damage to be 45% of mine. Something is definitely off...

- You took the cheap route at Ethereal Feast and passed on 30% Max ES Leech.

- You are not immune to CB?? I guess it's Ok if you don't do Uber Sirus. But Natural Affinity is better than Emp Wit in any case.

- Spiteful Presence on Megalo is an interesting find. So that lets you get away with Enlighten 3 and a cheaper helmet base. At the cost of a little bit of damage.

- Where is the mana recoup? Nothing on the tree, Eye or rings. You are probably running out of mana in big boss fights when you take some damage and spend time unable to cast Icestorm.

- CWDT lv 1 in the IC link? Yeah, you should be totally running out of mana. Read the Mana Sustain section.

- Deadly Influsion?? But this is not a crit build. If you are not doing Uber Sirus or Uber Maven and don't want to take One Step Ahead (and use Heartstopper on the jewels) then it's either Opportunistic or Ambush and Assassinate (for more damage vs low life and free culling).

- Cheap 3% Int dmg mod on gloves. You can at least get a 4% one. And 5% is only a few Orbs of Conflict.

- The only reason to take inc effect of auras (Influence or Reservation Mastery) is if you are really close on resists and need just a little more. Otherwise the 8% damage per aura on the mastery is better.

- Can get a little more Int from the Attr Mastery if you are not starving on Str/Dex.

I've tinkered a little with your stuff in PoB: https://pobb.in/cWeGBp0ciLKC
- fixed the tree and masteries;
- replaced Emp With with Natural Affinity;
- changed the Flesh/Flame to Ambush and Assassinate;
- upgraded the glove mod to 5%.

Now it does 60% of my damage. The rest is up to you. Get mana recoup on the Eye or re-craft the rings to have a free prefix for it.

The rest of the difference is:
- Opportunistic;
- I have more cold pen from an extra Blanketed Snow and 15% mod on the Eye;
- Awakened EF; also quality on the gems;
- I have 400 more Int from the extra/higher mods on the amulet, chest and helmet.
thank you so much for the thorough notes. will take a look tonight indepth.

General:
yes i have EO on relic.

yah - got lucky with the megalo mod- awakened enlighten is a bit $$ so lucked out there,

will take a look at your modifications but yes, i'm generally starved for resists/str/dex so probably need to start spamming some essences again on my rings.

have about 10 div so will start with qual, glove implicit, AEle Focus, A&A and a recoup watcher's!

thanks again
has anyone tried Oriath's end with this build yet? If so how does it feel?
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
sinner9951 wrote:

There is no cap on resist penetration. It can take the enemy resists to negative values.

Kelvynn, I believe the cap is -200% resist penetration. I toyed with an Omniscience build for a bit, and that's what I read.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info