Will GGG change "vision" direction once D4 comes out?

"
Marinxar wrote:
3.15 they promised they would not kill the game again with nerfs. Took them just 3 seasons to do it again now in 3.19 . Even worst this time, as they killed so many builds and defense layers. 3.19 is going to be horse shit with arch nemesis rares.

TLDR: Don't hold your breath. If GGG taught me anything, they will happily double down on stupid.

Heh... exactly this.

I pointed something out like this and got hammered *HARD* by the mods. I'm surprised this 'negativity' did not get deleted immediately. Good luck.

You're 1000% correct, too.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
"
BlaqWolf wrote:
"
Marinxar wrote:
3.15 they promised they would not kill the game again with nerfs. Took them just 3 seasons to do it again now in 3.19 . Even worst this time, as they killed so many builds and defense layers. 3.19 is going to be horse shit with arch nemesis rares.

TLDR: Don't hold your breath. If GGG taught me anything, they will happily double down on stupid.

Heh... exactly this.

I pointed something out like this and got hammered *HARD* by the mods. I'm surprised this 'negativity' did not get deleted immediately. Good luck.

You can do fair amount of venting, if you don't target anyone specific. They a bit touchie about blaming specific persons. I havent seen your post, so don't know if that's what happened to you, but it is something I learnt after many many jail sentences. How to not cross that grey line, when you angry and want to vent. :)
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
Last edited by Marinxar on Aug 11, 2022, 12:43:51 PM
PoE will take a huge hit at first no matter what.

PoE will not change at that time (why would they, you wont beat D4 at its specialty).

If players stay with D4 and dont return after a few months, I could see them making changes.

If D4 manages to have an interesting skills system and reasonable itemization where you can grind out gear (rather than playing PoE lotto system), things will get interesting.
people are forgetting how much D3 was a HUGE disaster when it came out.

Game was unplayable for weeks. Constant crashing. 2 different auction houses...one that used gold and other that used real money which both were eventually shutdown.
Let Poe be Poe and Diablo be Diablo.
they will surely evolve their product to meet the market standard requirements of when D4 is released. But i wouldn't bet on Blizzard to be a threat of any kind to PoE. PoE target our addiction to gamble in subtle ways that Diablo games never could; people just don't stop abusing heavy drugs suddenly... it's a slow process.

Anyway D4 will be p2w, so PoE has a chance of silencing Blizzard by releasing PoE2 new slot machine mechanics.
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
"
Marinxar wrote:
"
BlaqWolf wrote:
"
Marinxar wrote:

Heh... exactly this.

You can do fair amount of venting, if you don't target anyone specific. They a bit touchie about blaming specific persons. I havent seen your post, so don't know if that's what happened to you, but it is something I learnt after many many jail sentences. How to not cross that grey line, when you angry and want to vent. :)

Nobody was targeted.
Someone asked a pretty simple question, and I answered it. The mods got all sorts of upset and bent sideways saying the answer was 'negative' yet doing nothing about the post which posed the question that was, in itself, pretty negative. [shrug] I've pretty much given up on sanity when it comes to moderators anywhere... give someone an ounce of authority and all..

Good luck.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info