Will GGG change "vision" direction once D4 comes out?

Ever since I can remember, GGG has been balancing the game around people who play it 12+ hours/day. And for a few years now, it's feeling even worse... So, what do you think:

Will GGG change its balance/nerf tactic once D4 comes out for fear of losing player numbers/income,

OR

do they have some aces up their sleeves that will drastically change how PoE2 will be played (melee will be good, no more item clutter, no more convoluted crafting systems etc) that it won't matter anymore, and we will have a different game altogether?
Last edited by nibas on Aug 10, 2022, 3:05:29 AM
Last bumped on Aug 12, 2022, 9:44:27 AM
3.15 they promised they would not kill the game again with nerfs. Took them just 3 seasons to do it again now in 3.19 . Even worst this time, as they killed so many builds and defense layers. 3.19 is going to be horse shit with arch nemesis rares.

TLDR: Don't hold your breath. If GGG taught me anything, they will happily double down on stupid.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
They shouldn't, they have their own spin changing to D4's is just business suicide

This thread is just ridiculous hyperbole frankly :p 3.15 was indeed a ruination this is like 5% of that its just a regular patch tweak, most of which has been obviously coming.
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
They shouldn't, they have their own spin changing to D4's is just business suicide

This thread is just ridiculous hyperbole frankly :p 3.15 was indeed a ruination this is like 5% of that its just a regular patch tweak, most of which has been obviously coming.

IMO, it's not just the defensive layers and aura nerfs, but the fact that it took them 6 months to basically do nothing to elevate weak-performing builds. We all know how the new skills perform once a league launches, so I'm not holding my breath for some new busted spell in 3.19.
Maybe if some of their beloved streamers jump ship they will change something about "the vision"
Last edited by MaxW81 on Aug 10, 2022, 4:29:48 AM
When D4 comes out they have even less reason to do that. D4 will be "the game" for casuals, and PoE cant compete with it on that field, no matter what they do.
"
Aynix wrote:
When D4 comes out they have even less reason to do that. D4 will be "the game" for casuals, and PoE cant compete with it on that field, no matter what they do.

What if D4 is great for casual and has engaging endgame content?
Yeah I know new Blizzard won't e able to pull it off.
Engaging endgame content and Blizzard shouldnt be used in the same sentence.
"
nibas wrote:

IMO, it's not just the defensive layers and aura nerfs, but the fact that it took them 6 months to basically do nothing to elevate weak-performing builds. We all know how the new skills perform once a league launches, so I'm not holding my breath for some new busted spell in 3.19.

Slow to make changes is my #1 criticism of GGG over the years and why i've increasingly bought into the forced meta arguments some players make. The decision making is very wishy washy if it isn't a deliberate choice for things to be as they are.
"
MaxW81 wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

What if D4 is great for casual and has engaging endgame content?
Yeah I know new Blizzard won't e able to pull it off.

You never know. COPIUM

Fact is, regardless of how well D4 does, GGG WILL lose players to it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info