[3.24] 41 million DPS perma-flask Poisonous Concoction | Pathfinder

UPDATE: More nerfs boys!

"
The Temporal Chains skill gem now has "Other effects on Cursed enemies expire 25% slower" at all gem levels (previously 40%).

This is probably a straight nerf as we use this implicit on our gloves and it's a massive damage magnifier (or was). If they've nerfed the gem, the implicit inherits the nerf as well. Kind of expected TBH, as Temp Chains have been OP for two leagues now. Will only matter in longish fights i.e. bosses.

"
The Veiled modifier which grants increased Duration of Ailments you inflict while Focused modifier now has values of 36-40% (previously 81-90%). Crafted versions of this modifier have been adjusted accordingly.

Another straight nerf to our helm (third one in as many leagues). Also expected, but... yeah.

"
Added a new Dexterity/Strength Support Gem - Sadism: Supports any skill that hits enemies, causing Damaging Ailments inflicted by them to deal damage faster, but causes the inflicted Ailments to have less Duration.

The one small upside to the notes is that this new support gem might help us. I don't see how losing another support gem for this could be anything but a net loss, but it's impossible to know yet. There might be some interesting synergy with notables we currently avoid because they mess with our duration badly. This gem might also counteract the nerf to Temp Chains.

So, while I don't think the build has been too badly affected, it will be even harder to get to max poison DPS, if at all. We'll see what the situation is when the updated version of PoB releases.

P.S. don't be confused by other ascendency changes, which only apply to Ruthless.
Last edited by t0lkien on Aug 14, 2023, 7:36:02 AM
It's quite a heavy nerf, looks to be about a 33% DPS loss
Still looking forward to trying your build tough, let's hope the support gems or passive skill tattoos bring some buffs to the build

In light of preparations, I've always been curious how you get the desired enchant on your devouring diadem. Do you run the labs yourself, or do you pay a labrunner? how do you do it?
"
DrFaustin wrote:
It's quite a heavy nerf, looks to be about a 33% DPS loss
Still looking forward to trying your build tough, let's hope the support gems or passive skill tattoos bring some buffs to the build

In light of preparations, I've always been curious how you get the desired enchant on your devouring diadem. Do you run the labs yourself, or do you pay a labrunner? how do you do it?

That's actually not necessarily true. Because poison DoT damage is capped, we can adjust to increase damage and make up for the nerfs. In reality it will probably mean less defense. It's impossible to tell until we get the updated PoB though.

Re. The helmet enchant, you just find one for sale with the right mod and enchant. It can be expensive, but it's worth it. If I ever couldn't find one, I'd probably run lab myself for it. The build is great for lab - fast and tanky.
Last edited by t0lkien on Aug 12, 2023, 2:59:05 AM
"
That's actually not necessarily true. Because poison DoT damage is capped, we can adjust to increase damage and make up for the nerfs. In reality it will probably mean less defense. It's impossible to tell until we get the updated PoB though.

I hadn't thought about it like that, thanks. Looking forward to following your progress.
I'm probably going to stream my progress this league for anyone who's interested. I will link my Twitch channel closer to the league launch.

If you're new to the build or the game, watching as I connect the dots on what is a middlingly complex build might be helpful.
Last edited by t0lkien on Aug 14, 2023, 7:35:03 AM
Hi there my friend! Im rdy to go and enjoy this build again. Last league was dissapointing. Now i go full concotion again !
"
NulVijftigNL wrote:
Hi there my friend! Im rdy to go and enjoy this build again. Last league was dissapointing. Now i go full concotion again !

Yessir! The league mechanic looks a little odd to me, but we'll see. The core game is my main stomping ground anyway. I'm ready!
Last edited by t0lkien on Aug 17, 2023, 6:03:43 AM
3.22 this build is shit. Writing 3.22 in the title is a big lie. None of the pobs is updated to 3.22, the masteries are all wrong, which results in way less damage. The tanky/damage balance is ass, both is very low. Dont play this in 3.22!
"
Getrollt wrote:
3.22 this build is shit. Writing 3.22 in the title is a big lie. None of the pobs is updated to 3.22, the masteries are all wrong, which results in way less damage. The tanky/damage balance is ass, both is very low. Dont play this in 3.22!

Dude, how would you know? I don't even know. I'm in the process of putting my character together now. I won't know if it works at a reasonable level of power until I get to endgame. I just hit maps.

PoB isn't even updated with the new value for Temporal Chains as far as I can tell. A fake "3.22" PoB would be useless to anyone (not that I'd ever be interested in doing that anyway). I'll be uploading PoBs of my progression as I usually do, though.

This build isn't a promise of anything, it's not even a proper guide. It's written purely as a PSA. Play it for your own enjoyment and challenge... or don't.
Last edited by t0lkien on Aug 26, 2023, 6:53:12 AM
So far this is fine in mid-red maps, and my gear is poo currently.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info