[PS5] NO TEXTURES PLEASE FIX ASAP

So today I managed to reconfigure my Router, spent near an hour on phone with support, turns out that I had a bad configuration of ipv4, and coulden't change anything in my router, there was no upnp, no port forwarding etc. Turned off the Firewall, turned on Upnp, (I don't have vpn) those fixed my issues with other multiplayer games like R6: Siege, cod etc, but unfortunetley problem with missing textures in poe is still present... (I've been experimenting with Upnp only, port forwarding only, both at once, but same results)
Did a little test on phone with 1.1mb/s connection, all textures loaded normally (at least in Hideout). Can You suggest what should I do? What to ask my internet provider? How to fix that issue?
Do you have a PC on your wireless network? Do you have POE installed on it?

It may be a good idea to run a WinMTR to one of the instance IP addresses you connect to in game and see if you are getting some form of packet loss while on wireless. Have you power cycled your router and modem at all? Turn them off and unplug them both for at least a minute, then restart them both.

Read the only sticky in the tech help part of the forum and scroll all the way down to the MTR connectivity primer. You can find an instance IP in your client.txt file.

Worth a shot taking a look at it. Also, 2.4 or 5 GHZ wireless?

Passing thought as to some trouble shooting you can try.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
"
Aragorn14 wrote:
Do you have a PC on your wireless network? Do you have POE installed on it?

It may be a good idea to run a WinMTR to one of the instance IP addresses you connect to in game and see if you are getting some form of packet loss while on wireless. Have you power cycled your router and modem at all? Turn them off and unplug them both for at least a minute, then restart them both.

Read the only sticky in the tech help part of the forum and scroll all the way down to the MTR connectivity primer. You can find an instance IP in your client.txt file.

Worth a shot taking a look at it. Also, 2.4 or 5 GHZ wireless?

Passing thought as to some trouble shooting you can try.

Hey!
Thank You for Your suggestion
But I see there has been a little misunderstanding, we are on console bug report part of the forum, and My problem is on ps5, but im on wired connection, im using wired connections whenever is possible to reduce lag's and ping. I changed the cable to new one, tough the problem is related to this, but problem is still present on both. Tried wifi connection, same result. BUT I've used a mobile transmission, created hotspot with wooping 1.1mb/s and NAT type 3, and all of textures loaded immediately, unfortunetley poor connection from hotspot wouldn't let me try if the missing shaders/textures are present on Pinacle bosses, the hideout textures were all there. So I was thinking if I can run diagnostic like You said with WinMTR on Pc when my game is on ps, is it possible? Also I can try to reach with the tech support for my internet connection, but what should I tell them?
Last edited by Royalmind_PL on Jun 24, 2022, 3:26:18 AM
Oh, I know what section we are in. I was wondering if you were getting some issue with your in home network that may be causing shit to just NOT load, since the data didn't make it.

You can't run WinMTR on a console, which is why I was asking if you had a PC that could run it. Basically, the WinMTR will trace your internet connection and look for any issues in it. If you are getting stupidly high latency or packet loss and what route that it takes etc. It really shouldn't be an issue using it on another device on the network. Although I am unsure how you get the instance IP from a console connection. I would probably ask that either in tech support here or Console gameplay help and see if anyone knows how.

Honestly, call your ISP if you can. At this point, it can't hurt. You may also want to see if there are any firmware updates for your router/modem, as well as anything in the Router setting/firewall that may be blocking traffic.

One thing to note though. Most, if not all, ISPs will give you the run around if you even mention gaming. They will generally say "Well, we don't do that." Try NOT to mention gaming at all, period. Just say you are having issues with your network.

Since everything appeared to work, and work well, with your mobile connection (Make mention of this to your ISP as well, just don't let them know WHY you used that connection), I was starting to think that something is screwed up with your Router/modem.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

Last edited by Aragorn14 on Jun 24, 2022, 9:48:35 AM
Ok so called tech support and They directed my problem to IT, saying that They alone cannot solve it. Since it't friday I don't think anyone will touch that problem till next week. Ill post an update once The IT hit me with something. Also thanks for the advices.
Good stuff Royal, keep us updated when you can. I'll check back every now and again to see if anything is up.

Thanks for all the updates. At least now we know that the problem is not in hardware or shader servers.
"
Can You suggest what should I do? What to ask my internet provider? How to fix that issue?
It seems like you have access to all the addresses but some services do not work.

Some providers block specific protocols to limit user activity(for example to limit p2p downloads). Or this might just be a firewall on ISPs side.

Running WinMTR test on a PC as suggested above would also help.
I would like to make it clear that this isn't a unique issue to the PS5 it's also an issue with the PS4 as well, I've had the same issues you have had on PlayStation 4 and when I got my PS5 it did the same thing.

I have been an arguments on these forums over this as I said it was due to network issues whether it be the your internet or the game itself, he was stating it was because I didn't have an SSD was the reason I was experiencing My invisible texture issues.

I'm actually surprised that someone was able to admit it's this is the actual issue, the fact of the matter is that I have not had a problem with any game that I've had except for this game when it comes to this problem.

I forgot what her name is but the ice conqueror that makes a storm all around her do you know that I died many times not knowing why every time I faced her because the storm was invisible how frustrating was it that I've never been able to clear that because of that reason.

It's frustrating to think that you have to have the server tell my game for me to be able to see the textures why is this a thing also considering the fact that you're going mobile that has tons of different networking!

Don't get me wrong this is my first arpg that I've ever played and I love this game but it's unplayable due to this misstep, I have been playing d2r and it's so nice to be able to actually play a game and enjoy it, at this point my only hope is a PS5 version that does not require the server for textures, do the fact that I have a internet called fixed wireless from AT&t it has a special modified U-verse box so I don't have the option to change firewalls or anything like that but I think that they're actually blocking on their network side as you said in the other post.

The only thing I can say right now, is this something you plan to fix when path of exile 2 comes out because it's something that needs to be addressed in multiple people have this issue?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info