3.18.1 Patch Notes Preview

"
"
Caelsora wrote:
Any chance you can refund us the 30-50 atlas points it's going to take to spec out of legion now that it isn't viable anymore? Going to be impossible to empower legion mobs for my build now before half of them are dead.

Oh cry me a river.
It just means that your build wasn't designed for that content, it's as simple as that your build is flawed.
It's not GGG's fault that your build instantly blows up the screen full of monsters.

Imagine saying that a build that is designed to deal with Legion and does that effectively is flawed because GGG changed a mechanic mid-league and it no longer does what it's supposed to do.
Many builds offscreen Legion monsters,this change only makes people give up on this league mechanic, those who did not invest in it will see absolutely no difference.
The game has gotten so much more frustrating than fun maybe back next league spent a decent amount of money this league because I'm dumb. The amount of on-deaths is unreal. Brilliant idea to make a game about packing maps with monsters and then making it so them dying is more dangerous than them alive. Now kill more while dodging like Neo or spend enough hours to buy an unkillable belt.
Nice online tho.
It shows hows popular neo-AN-league is.
"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
"
Caelsora wrote:
Any chance you can refund us the 30-50 atlas points it's going to take to spec out of legion now that it isn't viable anymore? Going to be impossible to empower legion mobs for my build now before half of them are dead.

Oh cry me a river.
It just means that your build wasn't designed for that content, it's as simple as that your build is flawed.
It's not GGG's fault that your build instantly blows up the screen full of monsters.

Imagine saying that a build that is designed to deal with Legion and does that effectively is flawed because GGG changed a mechanic mid-league and it no longer does what it's supposed to do.
Many builds offscreen Legion monsters,this change only makes people give up on this league mechanic, those who did not invest in it will see absolutely no difference.

I dont think it was actually intended that you stroll into a large pack of frozen monsters (many rare and magic) that are not even moving, pop a pandemonium, and then rain loot. (And repeat if multiple legions in your map)

That said this isnt the players fault. Its definitely a nerf to the high end folks, and likely a help to lower end folks where empowered legions made it a difficult encounter. They probably should have just left it as was imo.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Jun 15, 2022, 10:11:30 AM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:

I dont think it was actually intended that you stroll into a large pack of frozen monsters (many rare and magic) that are not even moving, pop a pandemonium, and then rain loot. (And repeat if multiple legions in your map)

That said this isnt the players fault. Its definitely a nerf to the high end folks, and likely a help to lower end folks where empowered legions made it a difficult encounter. They probably should have just left it as was imo.

You forgot the part where you had to have a build that could actually deal with this and kill the monsters before it rained loot and not die in the process.
There was no indication that this was a bug, you pop the sentinel and turn every monster into a deadly encounter.
We already have 5-way Legion where the whole screen is cleared in less than 2 seconds.
Mid-league nerfs suck, if they plan sentinel to go core they could adjust it at league end.
This nerf actually hurts builds that farm Legion.
It changes nothing for the players that do not do Legion.
Dunno if it has been mentionned, but i noticed that essence monsters now show what AN Mods they have before you free them. Nice touch !
"
Worst league ever, patches that fix nothing, devs doing nothing, zero communication/explanation. Only took you 3 weeks to make HH barely playable with random teleport all over the map shit, not bad. You are not even trying to fix anything. gg wp. I hope noone's buying microtransactions, right?

Not everyone agrees with your take, so I am guessing plenty are buying.

Oh, and you are reading a patch notes preview which is communication and explanation of what they are doing. Not to mention they are fixing many things that people have reported and complained about. This is more about what your problems are with the game, not everyone elses. So heck yah I bought a microtransaction. I tell you what I'll buy another pack or two in your honor.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
kudos - thank you
poe media launchpad: https://pathofexile.media
character showcase: https://youtube.com/@desmosthenes
"
Riverwind77 wrote:
Good to see game breaking mechanics like effigy, adressed many times by players are getting fixed in this patch.

GGG cares about players and listens to them every single time, no more blue mosters randomly killing players.

Youre the best, this league deserves to be played.
You, sir, are a legend. Took me a second reading of the patch notes to get it. Cheers.
is not the worst league (expedition league was way worst without flask charges, and archnemesis league) but well there are like 4 builds running the more they try make the game harder less builds can play i see no point do any map builds now if i have to complete the bosses and invitations

overall was a fun league need gear to start red maps so need farm a bit, but some tanky rares mobs make no sense u having fun till find a gargantuan, steel infused and hasted so even with a 700 exalteds build u take a sweet time killing it, i can imagine to people without gear or a meta build, and in the end is a lottery to waste time cause they drop nothing that pay the 3 minutes fight u can do a entire map in that time
and i think the change to flask charges made the game so bad i have a mageblood now without it is so bad to play :( is so op have 100% speed 40% armor and immunity to 3-4 things full time
Last edited by Mokurp on Jun 15, 2022, 3:46:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info