Searing Bond

Hi, just a little suggestion about Searing Bond.
I think It would be interesting that the beam of fire also destroyed de chests and other container stuff. Just for not having to have an area skill to destroy it.

Thanks
I like the Ancestral Bond Starter Edition™ feature you've added to Searing Bond, but now we have a new problem.

Other totems override Searing Bond, but Searing Bond does not override any other totems.

What this means, is if you wish to go from, say, two Flame Totems and one Searing Bond totem placed, to three Searing Bond totems instead, it doesn't happen. Instead, you keep placing one Searing Bond totem over and over again until the duration on the Flame Totems expires.

Please fix this.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
Searing Bond isn't in a bad place but it is still inferior compared to many of the other gem choices. I developed my second Atziri killing SB build and I have to say it is pretty slow given the investment. 2.5ex in gear, took about 13 minutes to down Atziri from start to finish.

Currently I am sitting on 25K tooltip without rallying cry and before tri-curses and EE using a level 20 searing bond and level 2 empower. Comparing to other non-crit build styles out there and similar investments we are still a bit on the low side. Sure we can add in a level 21 SB and a level 4 empower which will probably place us between 35k and 40k but that is a tremendous investment just to be on par with many other builds.

The biggest thing SB has to do compared to anyone else is bring the damage to the mob. We cannot shoot from ranged and we have no true means of leeching or self sustaining when it melee range. The build also takes a bit of set up time before any damage begins to happen.

I think a good solution given the games current state is to shift the damage by two levels at gem level 20. This would place the skill in the low 30k range given a 4L, level 20 SB, with level 2 empower in a +3 staff. The build would still require tri curses and EE but it would be more on par with all the other skills.

Just thought of another alternative to the above, just make the skill work with spell power. It would allow SB to run on a 6L, the same as everything else, it wouldn't provide much more damage support from the passive tree. RF would work but thats some risk business as well.

tldr: increase the damage by two gem levels at gem level 20. Gem level 20 should equal gem level 22. OR let it work with spell power
Last edited by Kartikdon on Jan 23, 2016, 12:09:48 AM
this gem surely needs sound!

like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI5Vz49A5yc

We want burning sound for the love of god!
Last edited by Exbarbarian on Feb 8, 2016, 10:23:09 AM
I think it would be nice if Searing Bond could be used to destroy barrels, jars, and other breakables. As a frequent user of ancestral bond, I find that my options for destroying large groups of these breakables are a bit limited. Yes, I can use things flame dash, lightning warp, and even skills that might be used for "on hit" effects, but I've often found I don't employ some of those skills with my build, or, as in the case of Flame Dash or Whirling Blades, just feel they're kind of awkward for that purpose. It's highly likely that a lot of totem users will use Searing Bond, however -- they could place one of these in a cluster of barrels and watch them all blow up, or have fun steering the beam through a bunch of jars and watching them all shatter.
well that is one way to fix searing bond :) Definitely has more then enough damage for uber atziri now.
The leveling process using searing bond is horrible even using Hidden Potential. I am using a +3 staff and a lvl 4 empower now on a champion (yay totems count as allies!).

41k tooltip using lvl20 SB (still trying to corrupt one to 21 :( )

At least I am really tanky, the skill still fells horrible and I say that as someone that loves totems and almost exclusively builds around them.
Perception is reality.
Last edited by widardd on Apr 15, 2016, 7:20:54 PM
The damage is fine with searing bond. Easily can farm atziri, pale council, T12+ maps and uber lab with a 5L Realm Ender and level 19 gems with dual curse and EE. Uber Atziri is definitely viable damage wise for the skill. If I can fund a +1 curse amulet and get a level 21 SB or a +3 staff and a level 3 or 4 empower I will gun for her.

The problem with searing bond is that it is such a pain in the ass to get the beam across mobs. Using supporting totems to pull mobs in is really the only option for someone who wants to use it as a main end game skill. The clear speed is solid but it is the only option to really maximize clear speed. Manually running around is just stupid, boring, and 10x slower. Some have cycloned around and it still is still not very optimal.

Maybe increase the width of the beam? Even though SB does not hit maybe let its burn proliferate on its own? Shoot maybe turn it into a laser beam firing totem of death :P Just give the skill some better functionality in regards to getting the damage to the mob.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Jun 17, 2016, 3:38:37 PM
"
Kartikdon wrote:

The problem with searing bond is that it is such a pain in the ass to get the beam across mobs. Using supporting totems to pull mobs in is really the only option for someone who wants to use it as a main end game skill. The clear speed is solid but it is the only option to really maximize clear speed. Manually running around is just stupid, boring, and 10x slower. Some have cycloned around and it still is still not very optimal.

Maybe increase the width of the beam? Even though SB does not hit maybe let its burn proliferate on its own? Shoot maybe turn it into a laser beam firing totem of death :P Just give the skill some better functionality in regards to getting the damage to the mob.

I totally agree, but i think it needs a revamp, something like, it does not bond with you but the nearest enemy and burn the area around that enemy or connect few monsters together and burn them down, i would add 30% less damage to main target just for balance :)

C´mon we need LASERS.
Last edited by dawe45 on Jul 5, 2016, 11:23:17 AM
i just gave a go at remaking my old lightning warp searing bond build. I am noticing that the small area burn around the end of the beams simply doesnt exist anymore. It isnt on me , it isnt on the searing bond totem and it isnt on any of the warp totems. The build makes a lot of use out of even that tiny area so it is making clearing quite a bit slower. IS this intended, is it a bug? It still says the area exists on the tooltip, but it either doesnt exist in game or the area is so small you cant trigger it when you literally walk into the mob

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info