Searing Bond

"
klintz wrote:
The only thing that would make this skill even remotely usable is to make it cast-able while casting another totem without the ancestral bond passive, and then to have a third totem down with ancestral bond.

Even still, if somebody can figure out a way to use this skill then good on them. I can't figure out a viable build.

Or better yet. Make "searing bond" a support gem that only works on totems. That would be cool no?
link culling strike fire penetration? on it. would take ele damage nodes hopefully they might help too. dunno \o/

to be honest id just like 4 support gems that have this mechanic. fire cold lightning and chaos linked to all totems and all party members. they must be ele specific and be affected by their perspective nodes. lasers everywhere!

no reason spell damage from any source shouldn't affect it in this particular case...cuz thats just defeats the purpose of spell damage in general and makes future spells questionable at best. no easy way out here ggg u must make this scale with spell damage...
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Last edited by leighferon on Apr 12, 2013, 1:11:40 AM
"
Lionguild wrote:
"
klintz wrote:
The only thing that would make this skill even remotely usable is to make it cast-able while casting another totem without the ancestral bond passive, and then to have a third totem down with ancestral bond.

Even still, if somebody can figure out a way to use this skill then good on them. I can't figure out a viable build.

Or better yet. Make "searing bond" a support gem that only works on totems. That would be cool no?

Indeed, support gem to make your totem's link to you and your other totems.

Either we are missing the entire point of this skill, or GGG have a super powered op build up there sleeve they don't want to us to find just yet. I think it's a little of both.

so I got my hands on one and actually tried it out.

Its not to bad to use as a supplement to a different build. Especially if you are melee and in the thick of things. I can cast it just off screen and go about my business and its just a bit of extra dps. Just toss a fire pen support on it and you are good to go.
"
leighferon wrote:
link culling strike fire penetration? on it. would take ele damage nodes hopefully they might help too. dunno \o/

Culling Strike won't work, it never hits. Fire Penetration should though.
"
Lionguild wrote:
Especially if you are melee

Stopped reading right here.

Also, I don't think it works with Fire Penetration.
"
"
leighferon wrote:

Culling Strike won't work, it never hits. Fire Penetration should though.

Fire penetration does not work, the skill doesn't hit mobs.
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
YouTube.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
Twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
PoE and Strategy Gaming Content
Here is my first impression and analysis of the skill: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mVos-p3Nis

People are raging because this skill doesn't use any supports... it's amazing. Super fun and is doing a ton of DPS as I level. It may not end up being effective end game but I dont even care at this point.
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
YouTube.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
Twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
PoE and Strategy Gaming Content
Has anyone tried poisen arrow + this skill + (maybe throw in a fire trap as well) together the curse which increases DOT? All those degeneration effects stacking should work quite nicely, other options would be an crit fire caster who uses this skill as well (for the two different burnings).

Another thing to consider - this should not trigger EE, so you can easily reduce enemy resistances against fire while the burning damage does the killing
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
"
Sony_Black wrote:

Another thing to consider - this should not trigger EE, so you can easily reduce enemy resistances against fire while the burning damage does the killing

Brilliant! That is a really clever idea for increasing the damage if it works!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info