3.18.0e Patch Notes (restartless)

nerf an more
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
Echothesis wrote:
"
SquareCubiC wrote:

And to all the complainers regarding HH balance, have you even tried it? It is freaking broken, more than before... At least for mapping
But then again I don't expect most of you guys to be professional 5 way carries anyway xD

It would be nice if they spend their time increasing the viable builds variety for the whole playerbase, rather then maintaining one busted unique item that completely overrides their own balance they so vigilantly guard.

By now, is became plain depressing to watch GGG duplicity, as well as them screwing over most of the playerbase for artificial retention boost.

yea, a busted item, that the majority of the complainers wont even get :D
the build variety is quite big, you just need to invest.
just as it should be.

play your league starter, accumulate currency, play a stronger build with investment.

but yea, you maybe cant do endgame with your starter, what a shame.
:D
"
Echothesis wrote:
"
headhunter wasnt the problem. archnemesis mobs are the problem. especially the ones with mods that will either brick or gimp your build or movement when youre using HH and pick up those unwanted modifiers

Items like HH, Mageblood, Omni, Ashes, Stasis Prison and such are a separate problem, in addition to the new AN toiling. These items are way too powerful for 1 equipment slot, and make disparity between builds even larger.

"Want to clear juiced maps fast enough to make rewards per hour worthy - just get a HH". This strongly reminds of the current D3 gear design, where everyone run the same sets with same skills (dictated by sets).

At least before the AN went core, there were more options to farm without relying on exploit-grade items. Now, while HH is less useful because of damage conversion, I am sure GGG will "fix" it eventually, because it is the streamers who ask this time, not some common plebs.

yup, they are powerful, and it is awful they are so common, you basically drop those with a 80% chance on the mudflats, this is too much power.
and EVERY SINGLE STREAMER uses Headhunter, this is inacceptable, i wish mathil would stop using Headhunter on every single build and show some of the actual build diversity.
and i wish i wasnt a headless sheep that does only what people on streams do, i wish i had my own will, my own decision making, but then again, i would have to make a mind of my own and potentially have to learn a thing or two about the game.

imagine complaining about powerful, or even to some extent broken items, that are considered chase items...
"
SquareCubiC wrote:

yup, they are powerful, and it is awful they are so common, you basically drop those with a 80% chance on the mudflats, this is too much power.
and EVERY SINGLE STREAMER uses Headhunter, this is inacceptable, i wish mathil would stop using Headhunter on every single build and show some of the actual build diversity.
and i wish i wasnt a headless sheep that does only what people on streams do, i wish i had my own will, my own decision making, but then again, i would have to make a mind of my own and potentially have to learn a thing or two about the game.

imagine complaining about powerful, or even to some extent broken items, that are considered chase items...

Is there a reason to distort to such degree? :shrug:
I am aware that playing without HH and other chase items is still possible, and some variety still exists, but it diminishes with each player power nerf, be it open or indirect nerf. This is happening for long enough time to consider it a tendency by now, and it is the tendency here that causes a concern, not the current build list of a specific streamer.

"Chase items" are a solid concept, but if this tendency continues, they have all chances to become core items instead, just as you have said (probably unintentionally in case you just wanted to troll:))
"
Echothesis wrote:
"
SquareCubiC wrote:

Is there a reason to distort to such degree? :shrug:
I am aware that playing without HH and other chase items is still possible, and some variety still exists, but it diminishes with each player power nerf, be it open or indirect nerf. This is happening for long enough time to consider it a tendency by now, and it is the tendency here that causes a concern, not the current build list of a specific streamer.

"Chase items" are a solid concept, but if this tendency continues, they have all chances to become core items instead, just as you have said (probably unintentionally in case you just wanted to troll:))

the claims are just inflated, bloated, made worse than they are.
there is variety, but you need to make some efforts.
"Playing without HH is still possible" sorry, but not even quin has such awful takes or puts things like that bad.
Headhunter is a pinnacle chase item.
You pretty much sound like someone who wouldnt play a build that dealt 24 mil dps this league, and due to nerfs, would "only" deal 22 mil dps next league.
which is sadly the tenor of the playerbase these days, also because certain "content creators" are falsely advertising certain balance changes.
I mean, there are content creators who genuinely post awful pobs, they copied from other people, who actually know what they are doing, modified them, and therefore fked them up.
and since there are way too many people consuming those false inputs, uncritically, the amount of people making false claims gets more and more vocal.
player power is still on such a huge peak, but with effort!
just how it should be.
"
SquareCubiC wrote:

just how it should be.

Agreed, but the omitted detail here is the amount of said effort. Not only do I am not an elite player here (and never pretended to be), I have never even followed a single PoB in my life, and do not use it myself. Does that mean I am unworthy of playing this game and reaching at least some endgame rewards?

All my crappy bad builds were home-brewed, and not just for the goal of dps, but also for my own weird preferences, for example I don't like playing with shields, and in this game, no shield and block is pretty punishing and limiting. Should there be no place in this game for someone like me?

I am not trying to teach anyone how they should play their characters, just expressing concern about the "effort" bar. Merely testing a new build idea (which may flop) requires a hefty amount of farming and crafting. Not everyone consider it "how it should be".

I respect your opinion, and glad that you manage to enjoy current standing of this game.
"
Echothesis wrote:
"
SquareCubiC wrote:

just how it should be.

Agreed, but the omitted detail here is the amount of said effort. Not only do I am not an elite player here (and never pretended to be), I have never even followed a single PoB in my life, and do not use it myself. Does that mean I am unworthy of playing this game and reaching at least some endgame rewards?

All my crappy bad builds were home-brewed, and not just for the goal of dps, but also for my own weird preferences, for example I don't like playing with shields, and in this game, no shield and block is pretty punishing and limiting. Should there be no place in this game for someone like me?

I am not trying to teach anyone how they should play their characters, just expressing concern about the "effort" bar. Merely testing a new build idea (which may flop) requires a hefty amount of farming and crafting. Not everyone consider it "how it should be".

I respect your opinion, and glad that you manage to enjoy current standing of this game.

you can fairly easily achieve sufficient damage as well as sufficient defenses to allow a playstyle without shield and therefore block (block isnt exclusive to shields tho).
if you either invest your currency into crafting, or just buying respective items (depending on the playstyle/ league) you can achieve the means needed for successfully beating endgame.
but yea, it takes effort, may it be knowledge about the game, economy (if trading), mechanics, interactions, skill etc.
each of those branches to some extent have an impact on your ingame success.
if it was possible to achieve success in this game, by no effort, THEN you'd have a D3 "here is your set to trivialize the game" kind of itemization and therefore playstyle.
imo
From some comments in this thread it felt like HH can already trivialize the game for many builds, which is what triggered me. And yes, I actually had HH myself once, and tried it for some time. But stopped using it despite large clearspeed boost since it fully overrides the individual build and style.

Mageblood can turn specially crafted flasks into ultimate stat sticks for allres, defenses and ele damage mitigation, greatly reducing strain on other gear. In my noob opinion, any item with such clear advantage over others for that slot (in this case, belts) is a step backward (and closer to D3)
Last edited by Echothesis on Jun 4, 2022, 12:28:17 PM
Headhunter feels okayish.

Somehow it is still super far away from old Glory.

The problem i see there is simple, there were like 2 super Unique Belts - HH and obv Mageblood.

Question why do we not Balance them out again that they'r equally strong with either Belt.

Like Mageblood is killing HH in any form - your faster u stronger u are better at bosses and the list goes on.

Like pls even them out again so you are not forced to play Mageblood " if you play those unique belts " to minmax - a HH is good but SUPER far away from even comepting on Mageblood lvl.
"
SquareCubiC wrote:
"
Echothesis wrote:
"
headhunter wasnt the problem. archnemesis mobs are the problem. especially the ones with mods that will either brick or gimp your build or movement when youre using HH and pick up those unwanted modifiers

Items like HH, Mageblood, Omni, Ashes, Stasis Prison and such are a separate problem, in addition to the new AN toiling. These items are way too powerful for 1 equipment slot, and make disparity between builds even larger.

"Want to clear juiced maps fast enough to make rewards per hour worthy - just get a HH". This strongly reminds of the current D3 gear design, where everyone run the same sets with same skills (dictated by sets).

At least before the AN went core, there were more options to farm without relying on exploit-grade items. Now, while HH is less useful because of damage conversion, I am sure GGG will "fix" it eventually, because it is the streamers who ask this time, not some common plebs.

if i had written a text like this, my post would have been deleted by a mod immediatly. Happened a lot.

But look, how many medals this Bigboy has :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info