Feedback on New Microtransactions

I really liked the switch up of both the supporter packs and mystery boxes, so for the first time in a few leagues I actually bought a supporter pack and used the points on the boxes.

I like having more outside the box ideas for MTX like this. I'm much more likely to buy a few more boxes because of the no duplicates thing as well. Yes, they technically have color swaps that are duplicates but different characters need different color schemed mtx setups so I don' mind that. Even though I feel like simple color swaps shouldn't really be sold as "new" or separate items.
I love the new Mystery box system with the no duplicates, and i think that Kirac's Pass should also be offered to standard players as well, there are plenty of players that dont play the leagues that miss out on these MTX's.
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
MTX like the one from kirac's vault pass for void battery - which is a unique which is almost always dual wielded, need to be possible to put on both weapons. Really don't see why this wasn't made so in the first place. Ofcourse this goes for any dual-wieldable mtx, so for example for the big supporter packs where weapon effects look incredible, it's annoying to only be able to put it on one weapon if your character dual wields - or on weapon+shield, unless one spends another up to $480 to resolve an issue with a singular mtx...

Also I dislike how the headhunter effect was the ultimate goal in last league's vault pass, only for the unique to be gutted due to changes for the league after. Hoping some of its power is restored - and that it doesn't happen to mageblood which is the last goal of this league's pass.

Besides these issues I think the new mtx feel fresh, it's just not another armour set among the many we have from before. Overall I like it.
I strongly believe the non-duplicate is a more ethical and rewarding experience. I feel less anxiety about this kind of product and more likely to keep opening chests.

The Maroider model change is an amazing direction for a critical gameplay piece: the player character! I strongly wish to see more personas represented.
I strongly encourage GGG to add customization options for characters as well as add special MTX items, this will add buy-in and identity to the game intrinsically as we build our selves in game.

My biggest wish for a MTX product is custom animations for characters such as floating Witches or Zombie King Marauders or anything! Again this should complement a new character customization system that encourages players to try their build and unlock identities - and then get really cool ones on top of that.
I've bought everything, love the new style :D

One thing is that I do wish there were some more common uniques in the vault pass. I've already accepted that I'll never have a headhunter or a mageblood, so those mtx are essentially dead for me :( :( :(
I'm very iffy about the Vault Pass. PoE's generally avoided FOMO microtransactions in the past (with the exception of the Brimmed Hats), and this is going down a dubious path, especially because people may not be running builds that use the equipment offered until later, and we don't know what we'll want.

However, If you make them available at a later time, like a year or so, that would be acceptable.

As for the new Mystery Box, I very much like them, but there's a conspicuous absence of how much the items will be worth later on the Mystery Box page - This is the only time I've seen them not clearly listed, and I think this should be changed immediately.

...As an aside, the Treasure Hunter weapon effect is probably one of the most fun MTXes I've ever used, and purely for my own amusement, I want versions that spawn explosions of either gems or divination cards.
make kirac vault pass available for std, insta buy. i get the fomo tactic restricting it the leagues, but the supporter packs are already there for the folks that return to play every league. forcing us to pay 30 bucks and leveling again is a spit in our faces ( not everyone wants to level or start over, some ppl prefer std ssf style). the supporter packs are very very interesting, the maroider mtx is a must buy.
Hey, could we get more Ring, Amulet, Flasks, Charge, Pets, and Brand skill effects?

- Invisible Flasks to hide any effects like Mageblood's circular balls floating around character.

- More Grim Reaper Apparition and Ring of the Exorcist type of MTX where certain effects trigger on monsters.

- More Alternative Charges, I've been waiting so long for new ways of changing how Charges look; because, I would either turn them invisible or find something more aesthetically pleasing.

- Non-Kirac Vault Uniques like the Watcher's Eye one where we can actually just buy it with money instead of playing a new league with Kirac's Vault Pass. I wanted that MTX so badly, but I'm strictly SSF and not interested in playing new characters in new leagues.

- Finally, with the amazing Grim Reaper Apparition you designed, I was wondering if we could get some miniature Grim Reapers as pets?

Thank you ;) <3!
let us spend points to buy kirac's pass
I think the Kirac Vault Pass and Reaper/Arcanist is a great direction to head in. MTX that give effects along with exclusive skins is very cool. It's everything I like about the old racing rewards with the mind numbing grind of racing.

I like the idea of the no repeating Sentinel box, and I bought a couple, but I was pretty unexcited by the actual skins in them. Had they been more exciting I likely would've purchased more. This is likely a me problem, not a direction problem, and I'm excited to see the next round.

Also, thank you for including the forums in feedback! So often I feel you ignore a sizeable portion of your demographic by just monitoring reddit. There are plenty of us that use forums and other social media avenues and I think you'd get more valuable opinions if you widen your reach.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info