Feedback on New Microtransactions

Good stuff. The more interactive, the better - particularly with hideouts.

I'd love to see weapon racks and armor racks we can put items on, and people can hover over them and get a tool-tip show off the object.

Or an mtx like the atlas table which allows you to access the music box.
"
canilaz_ wrote:
2) Kiracs vault pass: real BS thing! Afaik, if we get one, we need to use it in league and then its mtxs are gone into STD >> so we cannot buy in STD nor use the mtx in next league!

I'm using some 3.17 Mtx this league without issue... (e.g. Aegis Aurora one)
I definitely like the direction you're going with the new cosmetics. Having an item that evolves with your character is much cooler than a static effect; plus, it keeps with the theme of the game, seeking more and more power for your character. I'm generally too frugal to convince myself to pay for supporter packs on free games, but the Magebloom map device and Timekeeper's Hideout were enough to sway me on this one. I also think the new mystery box is a good change, although I agree with many people here that saying "No duplicates" is a bit misleading when you still get palette swaps. Something like "No exact duplicates" might be a bit clearer. Regarding the Vault, I simply don't play for long enough or use enough uniques for it to be worth it. At one build a league, the odds that I would ever see the stuff I unlocked is minimal and I'm not going to build a character around a cosmetic.

As for something I'd love to see, I've always wanted a portal that changes color and/or design based on the tileset of the area it leads to, like an actual opening to that region. Portals to forest areas could be green with a leafy effect while portals to glacial areas could be white with frost effects. I'm sure you could apply the same idea to the rest of a full cosmetic set too, based on the tileset of your current area: footprints, weapon effects, etc. I much prefer my character's appearance in games to match their environment and, with how many different environments PoE has, this is just plain impossible right now.
i love all of them
I am curious, if we get a this box for spending points one day :)
Last edited by TomasProchazka on May 20, 2022, 2:16:16 AM
i think this is a good direction, but most of these rely on conditions that stabilise over time, for example, with the map device mtx you end up doing basically only red maps after a bit, and with kill count cloak, well, your kills only go up. I think it would be good to think of some conditions that change more frequently to truly show off the multiple modes of these mtx.
The new Mystery Box is good, but the new Mystery Box introduction video is not good.

I'd like to see the Mystery Box introduction video that includes Kamil's great OST as before.
I love the hideouts but without being able to transfer them to my guild somehow and call people to trade inside guild hideout it really makes it hard justifying buying hideouts.
I love the direction, especially since some armors were getting pretty similar.
Love the direction of MTX, loot boxes, and supporter packs. Feels like good value and fun interesting effects and features. You guys nailed this pretty well.

Not really taking advantage of any of it though as the current league is just too exhausting. Having to focus for every magic/rare pack or kite, skip ad nauseum is just not a fun way to play a loot grinder. When an essence has more power than Sirus you know the game is broken and I'd rather spend my time elsewhere having fun.

Edit: Kirac, not interested. Won't see a Mageblood and don't play Void Battery builds, so little to no incentive.
Last edited by Nohmah on May 20, 2022, 12:32:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info