Since our Path of Exile: Sentinel livestream reveal, we've been releasing microtransactions that are quite different from what we've made in the past. Today, we'd love to hear your feedback and ideas so we can continue to make new and exciting cosmetic effects for you in the future.

In case you've missed it, we have recently been experimenting with new types of microtransactions and new ways of packaging them together.

We have released:

From our point of view, these experiments were pretty successful! The microtransactions were a lot of fun to make, have been selling well, and have solved several issues we struggled with like how the previous mystery boxes had duplicates and how they generally feel a lot more rewarding now.

But we'd love to hear your perspective. If you buy and enjoy microtransactions, tell us what you think! What do you think of the new supporter pack structure? The new mystery box without duplicates? Did you buy the new Vault Pass or are you waiting until you have completed enough maps? What has been your favourite micro so far? What do you want to see more of? What do you want to see less of? Do you have any crazy ideas you'd like to see become reality?
Posted by 
on
Grinding Gear Games
nice

Mystery box feels kinda like a scam with "no duplicates" message on chat and then you get same stuff but different colors

Also let us use invisible buff on steelskin
Last edited by Tachykir on May 19, 2022, 9:18:16 PM
I personally would love to see the Kirac's Vault for Standard players like me. I would insta-buy, since in Standard we can make builds that use mtx-related uniques so easely. Instead of rewarding mtx on map bonus completion, you could put thresholds of killed Pinnacle Bosses, or other standard-specific challenges.
MF Academy Discord Server: https://discord.gg/mfacademy
Farming Strategy Guide: https://tinyurl.com/2c5u7za8
Love the new direction for MTX, really no complaints. The new mystery box is a good system too, but I don't want to see things like new skill effects go away
I think that magical stuff, like auras or character effects or especially the charge skins are extra cool. I don't think armor or attachments or other things like that that change over time are more interesting than the magical effects layered onto those things, though.
In general, I like the packs and microtransactions from before this new era much, much more.
Really liking the no duplicates thing! And also really like how the mtx changes based on the variables
This is the way! I love the new mystery boxes and effects they all bring. A normal skin seems boring now. And I personally don't mind the small price increase for the better effects.
would LOVE to be able to pay in my currency instead of USD dollars
I love the new Ring of the Exorcist, the scaling portal, and the belt. All very cool especially the ring so I can see my crits.

Cool new direction but with that being said......

For me, all the cool new good stuff is overshadowed by the distinct lack of playable skills at the endgame which has only gotten harder. I had to reroll just because my build had no chance to excell in reds and beyond.

Melee got the shaft even harder now then they already had. You CANNOT be melee in Path of Exile anymore. Mobs just hit to often and too hard with WAY too much CC.

Not Fun....
While the no "duplicates" is nice, I honestly feel like the items have no heart. Who cares that you don't get duplicates when you end up getting 4 bow skins, 4 armor skins, that in essence are a duplicate, they just "shine" different or have a different "Tracer" effect. I love how we are starting to see items that change based on variables, but I can't see myself buying another lot of boxes.

The new packs are decent, I love that we get some interactive hideouts and I love how the Reaper "culls" rare enemies. Bit more work on the mystery boxes and I think it will be a complete win.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info