[Console] Path of Exile: Sentinel Console Launch

"
Sirmoogle2135 wrote:
so not only do we get a timer but the time is for the realm to go down not when it goes live. So technically it's a 26 hour delay, also what does this mean for future leagues do we lose a day of sentinel or are we always a day behind from playstation from now on?

Likely we lose a day this league and then are in sync with PS next league. PS had this happen to them before as well and they were brought back in line the following league.
"The sentinel expansion will be released on May 19 at 5PM PDT. We're deeply sorry to our Xbox community for the delays."

That's all well and good but GGG you seem to make the same kinds of mistakes over and over again and then just apologize, I'd much prefer you demonstrate you're actually sorry by not repeating mistakes and having better communication. People take off work and/or plan around releases. Free mtx or something anything to show you actually care about the community at all let alone the console community. Hardly any support for features or updates for console players at all over the years very little in the way of communication towards any planned features etc. As a player who overall loves Path of exile it is very frustrating experience overall.
"
Nervis Wreck wrote:
"
itz TAXI wrote:
i get in trouble when I MISS DEADLINES BECAUSE OF MY OWN FAULT. this is literally ggg's fault that it did not pass cert or did not get put in cert on time. it is no one elses fault but their own. why do people still praise this.

Internally this is very likely the case, that those responsible for the missed deadline are facing some kind of repercussion. But you talk like the company as a whole should be in some kind of "trouble". The only possible penalty they could face in this situation is if the player base left the game and refused to play until the next league because of this. They know, and we know, that will not happen, so exactly what sort of penalty do you want to see here? A public flogging of those who dropped the ball?
A free mystery box for Xbox should be fine.
PlayStation delay was 10 hours and that is including downtime from patching and launch they didn't tech lose a whole day
"
Steezin406 wrote:
They added a 20hr timer lmao yall thinkt his a good game

With 13 supporter packs purchased, I'd say you think it's a good game. Don't get me wrong; I think the lack of communication is uncalled for and that league launch patches should be put in a minimum of 1 day earlier than they have been. This gives a full 24 hours for them to fix any issues that may arise like getting the cert. This also allows players to preload the patch which is extremely useful for people with slower internet speeds.

Not that this will ever happen, though... console is just a cash grab for them. Look at how we are treated compared to PC. Hell, just look at our hot garbage marketplace that makes searching for items an actual chore. PC gets an easy to use website that allows for varying search parameters/ranges allowing them to narrow down the 20k rings to a few. Just one example, you get my point.
Last edited by Necryre on May 18, 2022, 9:40:41 PM
"
SpartanEnzyt3 wrote:
"
Nervis Wreck wrote:
"
itz TAXI wrote:
i get in trouble when I MISS DEADLINES BECAUSE OF MY OWN FAULT. this is literally ggg's fault that it did not pass cert or did not get put in cert on time. it is no one elses fault but their own. why do people still praise this.

Internally this is very likely the case, that those responsible for the missed deadline are facing some kind of repercussion. But you talk like the company as a whole should be in some kind of "trouble". The only possible penalty they could face in this situation is if the player base left the game and refused to play until the next league because of this. They know, and we know, that will not happen, so exactly what sort of penalty do you want to see here? A public flogging of those who dropped the ball?
A free mystery box for Xbox should be fine.

This delay is not going to hurt GGG in any way financially so I see this as being unlikely. Would not mind personally but not holding my breath realistically.
"
xX F3rr3ll Xx wrote:
PlayStation delay was 10 hours and that is including downtime from patching and launch they didn't tech lose a whole day

PS must be bringing them the monies!
"
xX F3rr3ll Xx wrote:
24h delay is a bit longer than past delays. kind of bet they got it pushed through or are going to a lot sooner and just delaying it for an "official launch time" if that timer is even right.

that timer is just for the realm going down
I really hope they dont release it at 8pm est tomorrow. At least release it when cert passes. Dont wait a full 24 hours just because it fits the release window, just a day late...

I remember when it used to release at 3-4pm est then they moved it to 5,6, and 7 now its 8pm. I really dont want to get butthole eyes.
11pm EST...... not 8pm.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info