Vulcan error - Error device lost

I think I found a solution for the problem

Since league started, I was confronting with same issue - constant crashing , especially when a lot of action was happening on the screen. Reinstalled everything, settings to min, nothing helped.

I was crashing no matter which renderer was selected:
-With DirectX-
[CRIT Client 9756] [EXCEPTION] CreateBuffer: The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action. (GetDeviceRemovedReason: The GPU will not respond to more commands, most likely because of an invalid command passed by the calling application.)
-With Vulkan-
[CRIT Client 8640] [VULKAN] vk::DeviceLostError::DeviceLostError: vk::Device::waitForFences

It turned out to be a hardware problem - the SSD where game was installed developed bad blocks. Once I moved the game to another drive, the problem went away
Last edited by mehigh2 on Jun 3, 2023, 5:34:59 PM
After the latest patch for crucible, I am now crashing on one character lvl 100 Im_Thirsty, but i can log into my character in standard and I created another character in crucible to test.

I am getting vk::Queue::submit: ErrorDeviceLost and then the game crashes. It happens when i log into oriath.

Any help?

After posting this, i was able to log in and it did not crash, not sure what happened, did not change anything lol.
Last edited by StarMasterMaster on Jul 25, 2023, 12:20:08 AM
After last graphics patch I also sometimes got error like above. Mostly, after I play a couple of hours this error appears from nowhere. Patch checker helps, but only for some period of time. My PC spec:
MB: ASUS PRIME B660M-A WIFI D4
GPU: ASRock Radeon RX 6600 Challenger D 8GB GDDR6
PROC: Intel Core i5-12400F, 2.5 GHz, 18 MB
RAB: Kingston Fury Beast, DDR4, 32 GB, 3200MHz, CL16
same now
Same issue for me, started occuring after last patch, seems to be better with DirectX 11, but the performance is way worse than on Vulcan, especially on juiced delirium maps, where everything just turns into pixels.
Posted this in another post too.
"

Can confirm, I have the same issues.

- GTX 1080
- i7-8700k (not overclocked)
- 32gb Ram
- Windows 10
- POE steam version

Things I tried without success:
--------------------------
- Hardware seems fine after scanning and testing. (including hdd)
- Tried switching back to DX11,
- Tried switching to Vulcan pops up with a different issue (https://imgur.com/a/4VF2fR1)
- Verified files, came back clean
- Deleted %appdata
- Deleted the POE folder in my Games
- Checking Temps: No throtteling or excess cpu/gpu temps as the errors occur
- Playing other games seems to be without any issues
--------------------------

Seems to typically happen to me when it involves other people. When they try to join my hideout especially. (Celestial Nebula)

As of sept 6 2023 the issue persist, and it started happening about 3 - 4 days ago as of the moment of this post.

- Wolf
Happening here too after the 3.22.1 patch, can't play on vulkan at all, just get the devicelost error when i try to log into the game, DX11 is fine though. was completely fine before the patch.
I'm getting this too all of a sudden after the 3.22.1 patch, I have thousands of hours in this game prior with the same hardware. I've narrowed it down to the fact that it only happens in town, which is an odd find. I had an alt I was running through the campaign and had to try three times in Highgate to walk from where you appear when you log in to the entrance to the Ascent. Once I'm out of town I'm fine, I can run several maps. If I go back to town I get this error and crash in 30 seconds or less every time, I can repeat it with precision. It's very frustrating...
*Never forgetting how good this game looked at 32:9 instead of 1/3 of my screen being black bars.*
Out of nowhere started to get the same issue when i log into my character or sometimes when i switch the zone
vulkan device lost error one

Nvm getting this error when i log into the character instantly freezes then the error pops out
Last edited by Qinger12 on Sep 8, 2023, 12:22:52 PM
SAME problem after the start of Ancestor league.
This and a LOT of texture errors in the entire game!
Performance is in an all time low, even worse than the start of delirium.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info