[3.19] Dex Stacking Hollow Palm Cyclone Scion

Introduction

I have created custom builds for many years, but this is the first powerful enough to properly submit here. More of my content on my Youtube channel RPGIGAN https://www.youtube.com/c/RPGIGAN/videos

Dex Stacking Rage Scion

This build stacks dexterity to buff Hollow Palm Technique, which requires the use of no gloves, weapon, shield, or quiver in exchange for increased physical damage.

I chose Scion in order to access both Raider's spell suppression, onslaught on full frenzy, and phasing, and Juggernaut's stun and chill immunity and access to endurance charges. The Scion starting point also allows access to a lot of dex, also stacked using a Brutal Restraint.

We gain rage through Rage Support, and utilize Berserk as a skill when attacking bosses or rare enemies for a huge increase to attack speed.

UPDATE: The Dancing Dervish has been added! Weapon slot is disabled on melee strike, allowing for a nice bump in DPS!

Pros and Cons

+ Uber Elder/Maven/The Twisted, etc viable
+ Great for clearing map mobs as well/farming
+ With the exception of the rings and belt, most of the gear are uniques, making the build very accessible

- Poor chaos resist (usually not an issue)
- Rings are expensive or hard to craft. The only place to up your resists are on your rings and belt.
- You need to use an alternate skill while leveling. I recommend caustic arrow, because bow nodes on the passive tree are along the same path when beginning.

Gear

Flasks

POB

https://pastebin.com/wxYGXzQy

Video

Original build guide, which is missing blood stance and vulnerability on hit, instead relying on Awakened Blasphemy Support:
https://youtu.be/8QzE2flbLVk

This footage upgraded the build by adding Blood and Sand and changing a ring to get vulnerability on hit. It also added Summon Skitterbots for chill and shock:
https://youtu.be/yENeh9J-9n4

Defeating Hall of Grandmasters
https://youtu.be/pvfb3-Qqtyw

Adding Dancing Dervish, before gem socketing
https://youtu.be/7mhMgHPJ3B0

3.19 Updates

Wildwrap will be replaced with Briskwrap, which cuts our evasion and 5% movement speed but keeps dex stacking bonuses. Fortify has changed, which seems like it will be helpful as you'll gain stacks quicker.
"As long as I have a face, Tora will always have a place to sit."
Last edited by gigan988 on Aug 30, 2022, 10:21:37 PM
Last bumped on Oct 28, 2022, 7:44:08 PM
Hello.

I Am a new player. I would like to ask... in PoB you use small cluster jewel with damage during Dual Wielding as well u have a jewel with dual wielding. With no weapon in hands... does everything work for dual wielding?
"
LaoGee wrote:
Hello.

I Am a new player. I would like to ask... in PoB you use small cluster jewel with damage during Dual Wielding as well u have a jewel with dual wielding. With no weapon in hands... does everything work for dual wielding?

Hi, Hollow Palm Technique counts as dual wielding!
Last edited by gigan988 on May 25, 2022, 1:24:11 PM
Hey this seems a nice build, I only have 1 question, what about defenses?... I play so much maps to go to 100, or HC sometimes, you think its HC viable?... Thanks in advance...

It seems you only got poachers mark curse, why you go with "whispers of doom" in amulet?...

In megabane?... With Brutal Restraint??... You get The Traitor?...

I run out of mana agains some rares or something...

Thanks in Advance...
Last edited by Vyr75 on May 24, 2022, 8:07:28 AM
"
Vyr75 wrote:
Hey this seems a nice build, I only have 1 question, what about defenses?... I play so much maps to go to 100, or HC sometimes, you think its HC viable?... Thanks in advance...

It seems you only got poachers mark curse, why you go with "whispers of doom" in amulet?...

Thanks in Advance...

He uses a "Vulnerability on hit" ring for his second curse
How do you level this build? Thanks
"
Vyr75 wrote:

Thanks in Advance...

Hi, it is a good question. I do not take Magebane nor The Traitor. Brutal Restraint is used to get extra dex, you want 5% increased dex or + to dex node modifiers. By not relying on Magebane, we keep our evasion rating. We get spell suppression via loose nodes on the tree and the Raider ascendancy.

Whispers of Doom is to get both Poacher's Mark and Vulnerability.

I am not sure if this is HC viable with the new 3.18 mechanics, it has not been tested. The build does have a lot of leech, but since you are in people's faces a lot as a melee build it would be risky, but maybe worth a try!
Last edited by gigan988 on May 25, 2022, 1:22:31 PM
"
dmoniak wrote:
How do you level this build? Thanks

I recommend caustic arrow with a bow, first Quill Rain then any decent rare bow. This is because our tree path passes near a lot of bow nodes which can later be regretted.
Last edited by gigan988 on May 25, 2022, 1:24:57 PM
My friend gave me the jewel so i can go bare hand right away! :-D

But I mean what ascendancy first and what route to go?
I am playing this build, dmg feels nice, but overall it feels squishy, especially in maps with double or more projectile mods, i am still far away from perfect but i can say that if your struggling with range enemies you should definetly pick Arrow Dancing, its really nice to dodge all that crap flying at you, its also very helpfull in expedition encounters cause there is tons of range mobs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info