[3.24] Bane/Blight Occultist Starter

thanks for this
The PoB still is not updated unless u did't update the tree to 3.18?
"
Weertangel wrote:
The PoB still is not updated unless u did't update the tree to 3.18?

I meant an update not related to the new PoB release itself, which happened later and doesn't add anything relevant for this build. 3.17 and 3.18 trees are for it the same, so you should be able to use the link with no issues. I'll change it for clarity though, thanks!
Hey, I started with this and im having a blast! I recently got lucky with Gwennen and received a Headhunter, but I'm struggling trying to add it to the build, due to losing the low life condition while on maps.
Is there any way to adapt the build to use a Headhunter or should I start another char?
"
Soujirou_Z wrote:
Hey, I started with this and im having a blast! I recently got lucky with Gwennen and received a Headhunter, but I'm struggling trying to add it to the build, due to losing the low life condition while on maps.
Is there any way to adapt the build to use a Headhunter or should I start another char?

Hey, I'm happy it's been working out for you and congratulations!

You could ensure the Low Life status by linking Arrogance with Discipline instead of Clarity & Vitality, while using the life mastery variant providing Vitality has 100% increased Mana Reservation Efficiency.

The energy shield mastery with Discipline has 25% increased Mana Reservation Efficiency doesn't benefit you then, so you can use the skill point for something else.

To get back to closer to 50% of unreserved maximum life, you can change the reservation mastery from Auras from your Skills have 15% increased Effect on you to 30% increased Life Reservation Efficiency of Skills - unless your Headhunter buffs reliably increase your maximum life anyway.

I think that should ensure you have enough mana but if not, there's always the Arcane Will node.

I haven't played with Headhunter in Sentinel but all that being said, I think you probably still get more value out of it on builds using skills with a hit component that deal physical damage, which can be converted and scaled through gaining a portion of it as extra elemental damage.
Last edited by Xayazi on Aug 3, 2022, 6:18:17 AM
I've been looking everywhere; I checked the thread, both google docs, PoB links, and I cannot find any mention of what the bandit choice is for this build?
You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
I'm curious how this build holds up to the standard ED/Bane builds?
I love bane, I don't like ED at all, maybe blight is what I need instead?

Can the build reliably survive boss fights like an ED build can?

"
Amduskas wrote:
I've been looking everywhere; I checked the thread, both google docs, PoB links, and I cannot find any mention of what the bandit choice is for this build?

The POB shows the choice as kill all

"
Amduskas wrote:

In PoB I assumed "kill all" and that has been the choice for my runs as well.

"
Hornet001 wrote:
I'm curious how this build holds up to the standard ED/Bane builds?
I love bane, I don't like ED at all, maybe blight is what I need instead?

Can the build reliably survive boss fights like an ED build can?

Maybe I haven't used ED for too long to judge it fairly but I don't think that the choice between ED and Blight is very significant as a survivability factor.

The nature of potential issues that ED can avoid is rather that of obstructions on your way to close the distance, something that can get chaotic in Maven's Invitations.

If you're worried if standing still and under the boss is the problem, I think it doesn't have to be: example of an end-game character. This is a bit extreme but it's often easier to avoid various abilities from this position than from a distance. You can check my current character as well - I've completed with it all my challenges so far, no carries or XP rotas involved.
Hey, I'll make a full update after the patch notes are released, but so far the build doesn't seem to be affected by the changes too much - at least in the early/middle phases. Removing the reservation mastery means that we'd path to Influence earlier and keep the evasion mastery (Grace reservation) using points allocated for life before: https://pobb.in/DKOtZ4De1b5c
Last edited by Xayazi on Aug 3, 2022, 9:47:48 AM
I'm keen to use this for 3.19, thanks for the update!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info