Content Update 3.18.0 -- Path of Exile: Sentinel

Really looking forward to customize my endgame experience even more than we could in 3.17. Amazing direction, allowing for so many types of priorities/gameplay, that we can tailor to Gauntlet/HC/SC and SSF/PL/Trade.

The league mechanic itself can be good or bad for all I care.
- If it's bad, you simply ignore it and play the endgame however you prefer.
- If it's great, well, great.
Win-Win in my book, given how many options we have in our gameplay.

100% predict some deaths to 3-4 Arch-mod rares in first few days, which should see some adjustments. This should be expected though.

Also, those are some sick Zana(read: Kirac)-League Mods.
3xEssence Mobs for 3c <3
=(
If you read this, you are a noob like me =(
You forgot the atlas passive skill to block betrayal encounters :-(
Being able to block Ritual and Harvest is great, although they could be ignored by just not interacting with them. But Betrayal is the most annoying random mod, and can't be avoided at all.
And tormented spirits are still a thing, you should have removed them instead of Perandus or Prophecy.
Last edited by Achromat1969 on May 8, 2022, 4:20:51 PM
nice
So.. Tell me how to be hyped, when my cyclone damage went from mid grade to useless, my ice storm build went from okish to usless, my totwm sparker went from okish to junk.. My trust slowly collapsing, and i am not even a bit anymore hypped.. The things just alowly pushing me further and further away of the game.
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
Sigh... this update ain't it. No way my playgroup gives this league a shot. How about adding content that's casual friendly? We don't have time to no life this.
"
BlazeSTX wrote:
So.. Tell me how to be hyped, when my cyclone damage went from mid grade to useless, my ice storm build went from okish to usless, my totwm sparker went from okish to junk.. My trust slowly collapsing, and i am not even a bit anymore hypped.. The things just alowly pushing me further and further away of the game.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?skill=Cyclone,Divergent-Cyclone
cyclone has 12% players seems ok to me
the others has 0.3% but there are a few lv 100
Last edited by Mokurp on May 8, 2022, 9:04:06 PM
So...no more Lightning Mirage? :)
Awakened Combustion Support when?
Coming off probably the biggest league ever, and my highest playtime ever, I completely understand the relatively light league. I also appreciate the slight departure from the norm for both the balance changes and the supporter packs. The occasional experiments from GGG are pretty bold and I really respect that - more seeking to learn than to simply squeeze the piggy bank. I know you could've easily tweaked some numbers just to make it appear as if you had made changes, and it took some resolve to say it's all good as it is. While I don't know that Sentinel is for me, and as a person who tries every meta (and occasionally off-meta) build per league, I am slightly disappointed.. I'm sure I'll find some enjoyment this league in something I haven't thought of yet.

"
Mokurp wrote:
"
BlazeSTX wrote:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?skill=Cyclone,Divergent-Cyclone
cyclone has 12% players seems ok to me
the others has 0.3% but there are a few lv 100

I don't think you understand mate, those are all CoC or CWC builds. Cyclone is just a trigger. Damage is not a factor. He is referring to pure cyclone builds. It's not completely dead, but it does take so much investment to feel good that I don't think it's worth it. I tried Slayer Cyclone in 3.17 and invested a moderate amount (40-50 EX I believe) to get maybe 4 mil DPS. It's not what it used to be, unless you pump very high investment into it.. and your average player won't have 200+ EX to put into a build. At least I don't. With that said, it's actually in a pretty good state. If it were any better, everyone would use it and simultaneously complain about it being the boring meta 'yet again.' However the people who really do love Cyclone and want to use it still can, and have a strong build that scales with heavy investment.

EDIT: Also, forgot a big thank you for the QoL changes. Nothing says "we care about our player base" more than incorporating feedback and putting in time on the small things that make our time much more enjoyable. Not enough games do that these days, and it speaks volumes about this dev team.
Last edited by cfg3 on May 9, 2022, 10:51:39 AM
Seems like a nice, light league (in my opinion perfect for spring/summer season, where playtime is not as consistent... unless you spend every hour playing poe in you basement :DD)
New, refreshed mechanics that leave room for for player to figure things out- A Big +, after a clunky and schematic archnemesis altars

I don't understand why are there so many tears and comments 'league sucks... skipping the league etc' in this thread.

There is more than enough viable builds to play during the league, even without the direct meta shakeup. Nobody is forcing players to play the same 'OP' builds as in the last league and get bored quickly.

Also how in the same thread there are comments that there is too much to grind, and at the same time there are complaints that they're finished with the game after a week or so.

Want to grind less? Grind more efficiently, or join a guild that will teach you stuff. Or just simply don't rush things, league lasts 3 months.

Your OP build didn't get nerfed? Maybe try a different build, who forces you to play the OP 1000 trillions DPS build promoted by streamers? Or maybe try for once to plan your own build, each league there are new unique items/jewels/mechanics that do impact the meta, stop copy-pasting popular builds and own yourself.

To everyone else who knows that PoE is just a game, and doesn't get butt hurt about every decision made by GGG--> Have fun and enjoy the new content!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info