Arc Occultist - extremely fun & smooth character with amazing damage & clear - 3.18 ready!

I have a question. Because of the low level of evasion reached in your path of build, inserting GHOST DANCE in the pst the energy shield remains very close to zero. Am I wrong about something?
"
Cartesio07 wrote:
I have a question. Because of the low level of evasion reached in your path of build, inserting GHOST DANCE in the pst the energy shield remains very close to zero. Am I wrong about something?

the militant faith jewel changes Ghost dance to Inner Conviction
Can u update POB to 3.18, please? <3

"
Khan1105 wrote:
Hello fellow exiles! :)

I am excited to show and share my favorite build! This is purely my creation and I've had a blast leveling it, clearing the new atlas, min/maxing it and ultimately absolutely DESTROYING endgame content!
I wanted to make a self-cast Arc character that would be fun, strong, had good survivability and was chill/ez to play. Honestly, my expectations have been far exceeded as this turned out to be an amazing build. I managed to kill all bosses in the game DEATHLESS, even Maven (thx to the very high damage and good defensive layers, as well as my mechanical knowledge of the fights, positioning, etc.).
Arc synergy with Profane Bloom is absolutely amazing, you will be exploding whole screens and killing mobs off-screen.
I will try not make a huge opening post as I will be here to answer any questions you might have and to help if you decide to give this character a try.

Some basic stats of the build:
OFFENSE:
- 16M endgame boss damage (over 1M tooltip)
- 10 power charges + 1 permanent frenzy charge
- 100% crit strike chance
- 530% crit multiplier
- 5.92 casts per second
- AURAS: Wrath, Zealotry, Herald of Thunder

DEFENSE:
- over 6k ES
- 4.5k ES recharge per second
- over 30k armour
- 22% chance to block attacks
- 28% chance to block spells
- stun + shock + freeze immunity
- ignite + CB + bleed immunity via flasks
- AURAS: Determination, Tempest Shield, Discipline, Flesh & Stone (sand stance ofc), Defiance Banner + Clarity (lvl11) for utility

Leveling:
- use Freezing Pulse in Act 1
- go for Arc end of Act 1, get +1 chain Mastery ASAP
- prioritize resistances, cast speed, life/es gear
- Bandits: we help Alira for crit multi, mana regen and resistances
- Ascendancies: Forbidden Power, Malediction, Profane Bloom, Vile Bastion (in that order)
- Panthen: Soul of The Brine King (freeze immunity + less chill efect) + Soul of Shakari (to deal with poison)
- transfer to Low Life around lvl 85, depending on your gear, purchase power

PoB: https://pastebin.com/GadZF36G
character on poe.ninja: https://rb.gy/kxp4l0
character profile: https://rb.gy/eommus

BUILD PRICE DISCLAIMER!
You DO NOT need exact gear I have in PoB, you do not need alt quality gems, +1 Shavronne's, nor do you need 10 power charges....., I have killed everything before min/maxing so you can have the build under 30ex
I invested a lot, can't say exact amount but around 250ex but as I said you do not need to min/max as I did to enjoy the build!
oh, btw NO Mageblood here ;) but if you're rich and want it, you can incorporate it easily
"
Cartesio07 wrote:
hello. I’m playing the build and I want to tell you that it seems to me really good, and also fun. so far I had underestimated the potential of ARC

Hi, nice to hear you're having fun :)

arc is an amazing skill definitely

If you need help, just ask
''It gladdens me to know that Odin prepares for a feast.
This hero that comes into Valhalla does not lament his death.
I shall not enter Odin's hall with fear.
And I welcome the Valkyries to summon me home!''
"
Cartesio07 wrote:

As Autolose wrote, ghost dance get's converted to Inner Conviction for more dmg per power charge :)
"
Can u update POB to 3.18, please? <3

"
Khan1105 wrote:
Hello fellow exiles! :)

I am excited to show and share my favorite build! This is purely my creation and I've had a blast leveling it, clearing the new atlas, min/maxing it and ultimately absolutely DESTROYING endgame content!
....incorporate it easily

the pob is the same my friend, no changes

what exactly is confusing you? I can help
The node Inner Conviction is not on the skill tree anymore. At least not where it were..
"
The node Inner Conviction is not on the skill tree anymore. At least not where it were..

Hi

The Inner Conviction Keystone passive is a notable that shows up INSTEAD any Keystone notable affected by the Militant Faith (Dominus version) Timeless jewel

so, Inner Conviction will be there if you use Militant Faith on the jewel socket I used it at, OR you can use a different keystone notable from the tree to cvonvert it using Militant Faith

so our tree is unchanged in 3.18 :)

let me know if you need any further help

P.S.

One thing you shouild watch out with the Militant Faith jewel is that it will also transform some other passive tree notables (depending on the number on the jewel), here you don't want it to change the Soul Thief notable, as an example
Last edited by Khan1105 on Jul 14, 2022, 8:13:21 AM
Hey,

I have a question about your gear on the pob. Why did you pick the Algor Mortis Carnal Mitts gloves? I don't understand what chilled ground does for the build, I see the cast with damage taken cold snap and stuff just don't get what chilled ground would bring in a boss fight, I mean there are many better options right?

Regards.
"
Hey,

I have a question about your gear on the pob. Why did you pick the Algor Mortis Carnal Mitts gloves? I don't understand what chilled ground does for the build, I see the cast with damage taken cold snap and stuff just don't get what chilled ground would bring in a boss fight, I mean there are many better options right?

Regards.

Hi there :)

The Algor Mortis gloves are amazing for this build for 2 reasons:

1. ''enemies in your Chilling Areas take (25-35)% increased Lightning Damage''
- since we use Frostblink (creates a chilling area) and Cold Snap (creates a chilling area) on CWDT, most of the time the enemies will take 25-35% increased damage (enemies take increased damage is a MORE multiplier), considering how high our DPS is, not many things will survive long enough to leave the chilling area (pinnacle bosses are the only ones that don't get destroyed within 2-3 seconds)

2- ''(20-30)% chance to Sap Enemies in Chilling Areas''
- against big bosses and strong enemies this is very valuable as sap makes the enemy deal up to 20% LESS damage, the sap value is determined by the lightning damage hit, and our Arc hit's like a truck so if sapped is procced, it will be at the higher values 90% of the time

I hope this helps to explain why the build uses Algor Mortis

keep in mind that the playstyle is basically this:
for trash, nothing is needed, just zap them into oblivion, use your frostblink to move away from degens, dense packs and most of the ranged attacks/spells

against bosses, you wait for them to spawn on the spot, moment they spawn, you frostblink to a safer location (frostblink creates a chilling area on the spot you left and on the spot you teleport to) and cast your Arc, if needed (against Sirus, Maven for example) simply Frostblink onto them and then out (Frostblink has a VERY fast cooldown when a unique enemy is nearby), repeat the process until the boss is dead, even if you get hit we have enough defenses to deal with most of the damage, big crits can oneshot us, not much else

ask away if I can help in any other way!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info