Arc Occultist - extremely fun & smooth character with amazing damage & clear - 3.18 ready!

So I got this up to 85 so far, Honestly it's one of the squishiest builds I have ever seen.

I'm unsure if this is due to the new mods or not. Bit lost at this point with how to move forward It's ok till about t12 then just feels absolutely so rippy

https://pobb.in/txPH-nJgicMx
Hi, looking forward to start with the build, and have few questions:
1) Why don't we use Zealots oats and/or ghost reaver? I'm never playing with es and spells, so not sure about details what can prevent not using this keystones.
Also light eater. With all this active its about 2k leech and 400 regen.
2) Is there a way for mana leech with spells? With our current mana regen we can't sustain arc cast speed.
Do you have any videos of build in action? I am playing same build, but think it wont be able to clear endgame bosses.
"
FaintXD wrote:
So I got this up to 85 so far, Honestly it's one of the squishiest builds I have ever seen.

I'm unsure if this is due to the new mods or not. Bit lost at this point with how to move forward It's ok till about t12 then just feels absolutely so rippy

Hi, I'll take a look at the POB a bit later when I'll have more time

I cannot honestly say if it's the new mods or not since I am not playing this league, I did everything ingame last league so I'm burned out

I'll have to check your POB as I said, I had no issues chain clearing juiced T16 Strands last league.... an occasional oneshot happened like once in 5-6 maps but definitely barely noticeable, some Archnemesis mods were very rippy and the non-balanced new rares might be a problem for the build now

''It gladdens me to know that Odin prepares for a feast.
This hero that comes into Valhalla does not lament his death.
I shall not enter Odin's hall with fear.
And I welcome the Valkyries to summon me home!''
"
Dartiuseg wrote:
Hi, looking forward to start with the build, and have few questions:
1) Why don't we use Zealots oats and/or ghost reaver? I'm never playing with es and spells, so not sure about details what can prevent not using this keystones.
Also light eater. With all this active its about 2k leech and 400 regen.
2) Is there a way for mana leech with spells? With our current mana regen we can't sustain arc cast speed.

Hi,

1)
Zealot's Oath is not useful since we have almost no life regen due to the fact we are a low life build (a large life regen number is neeeded to have a useful ZO)

Ghost Reaver is useful for builds that have a high evasion number and we don't have high evasion but high armour

Light Eater is something you can try using, I did not have the need for it due to 4.5k recharge

2)
You don't need mana leech, is your Arc linked to Inspiration Support? get a divergent one if possible, also get at least one mod on your gear with mana regen, ultimately if you're having trouble with mana sustain at this time simply craft a -to mana cost of non-channeling skill and you should have no problems
"
kubicka wrote:
Do you have any videos of build in action? I am playing same build, but think it wont be able to clear endgame bosses.

Hi, unfortunately I never made any gameplay videos, had too much fun hehe

I killed all bosses with 8 power charges, non-alt gems, before lvl 100

they're super easy, if you want, I can do a few kills in standard and you can spectate or join in

BUT
if you don't know the fights and how to move in the boss arenas, yeah it will feel like you can't kill them, you HAVE TO have some knowledge of the fights
"
Khan1105 wrote:

1)Zealot's Oath is not useful since we have almost no life regen due to the fact we are a low life build (a large life regen number is neeeded to have a useful ZO)

Ghost Reaver is useful for builds that have a high evasion number and we don't have high evasion but high armour

Light Eater is something you can try using, I did not have the need for it due to 4.5k recharge

2)You don't need mana leech, is your Arc linked to Inspiration Support? get a divergent one if possible, also get at least one mod on your gear with mana regen, ultimately if you're having trouble with mana sustain at this time simply craft a -to mana cost of non-channeling skill and you should have no problems

Thanks, just didn't see recharge rate in pob, so think its too low.
Will try light eater, of curiosity.
"
FaintXD wrote:

Hi again, I took a look at your POB

1. get armour/es boots
2. get thread of hope asap so you can allocate sanctum of thought
3. get a lvl 21 discipline (20q lvl21 is 35-40c)
4. get a better belt with a nice armour&es roll and use defense catalysts on it
- I see you crafted increased ele dmg with attack on the belt but Arc is a spell so it is a dead mod on your belt
5. get a few more lvls to allocate Resourcefullness as well

so go for a few levels and change your boots and belt, also you can use better rings (es, cast speed, lightning dmg per power charge...) than Circle of Regret until you can afford one with +1 to power charges because that is the reason we are using that ring along with the HoT mods of course

ultimately you can use Enfeeble instead of Assassin's Mark in your Wave of Conviction setup until you get more armour and ES
Last edited by Khan1105 on May 24, 2022, 11:42:06 AM
"
Khan1105 wrote:
"
FaintXD wrote:

Hi again, I took a look at your POB

1. get armour/es boots
2. get thread of hope asap so you can allocate sanctum of thought
3. get a lvl 21 discipline (20q lvl21 is 35-40c)
4. get a better belt with a nice armour&es roll and use defense catalysts on it
- I see you crafted increased ele dmg with attack on the belt but Arc is a spell so it is a dead mod on your belt
5. get a few more lvls to allocate Resourcefullness as well

so go for a few levels and change your boots and belt, also you can use better rings (es, cast speed, lightning dmg per power charge...) than Circle of Regret until you can afford one with +1 to power charges because that is the reason we are using that ring along with the HoT mods of course

ultimately you can use Enfeeble instead of Assassin's Mark in your Wave of Conviction setup until you get more armour and ES

Cheers I'll take a look I actually have the thread and was using it with the 3 passives on the left Damage was great but ES recharge really suffered.

I was having a little bit more luck last night once i acquired Soul thief its basically a required passive with LL (lack of info in guide info on key passives to chase would be ideal) IMO soul thief should be much earlier in the build if you go LL with a shavs
hello. I’m playing the build and I want to tell you that it seems to me really good, and also fun. so far I had underestimated the potential of ARC

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info