3.18 | Forbidden Rite Occultist : Selfcast | Tens of Millions of DPS | (Not A League Starter)

hello!

growing the build.

i have started league with this build ... (leveled till 5x with skeletons)
now i am 69 (what a beautiful number) and i want to improve my equipment

https://poe.ninja/pob/AXt

i have around 200c ... what should i buy first? a frenzy ches with 6l? are there any cheap improvements that can buy to have?

the forbidden rite makes me a big damage, so i need something to mitigate it.

glorius vanity perhaps?
"
HoloSemmy wrote:
Thanks for the guide,
Learned a lot from your crafting videos.

I still have a question :
Is the area effect necessary for FR?
Almost everyone on poe.ninja are using Vaste Power & Towering Threat.

It is quite important as projectiles can shotgun so the more AoE you have the more projectile will overlap. If you check on PoB you can see the radius of FR
i usually try to aim for 13 radius.
"
raikolin wrote:
hello!

growing the build.

i have started league with this build ... (leveled till 5x with skeletons)
now i am 69 (what a beautiful number) and i want to improve my equipment

https://poe.ninja/pob/AXt

i have around 200c ... what should i buy first? a frenzy ches with 6l? are there any cheap improvements that can buy to have?

the forbidden rite makes me a big damage, so i need something to mitigate it.

glorius vanity perhaps?

Heh that's tough i usually dont recommend starting so early with this build.
But well you should definitly get a badge of the brotherhood amulet.

For the chest eventually you can get a farrul's fur you can find 6Link for like 2.5Ex, you will need tho to get aspect of the cat on one of your item well it's very easy.

The glorious vanity will definitly be something to get asap too. Maybe try contacting me on discord or ingame for more help as this will be pretty difficult to make with this budget.
Hello,

I'm considering doing this build, I want an interesting self cast char that is able to do millions of DPS at the endgame, however I'm lacking some leveling tips in here, like which skill to start with, what links to get at first etc. Could you maybe provide few sentences about how you approach that, please?
"
triberpaddy wrote:
Hello,

I'm considering doing this build, I want an interesting self cast char that is able to do millions of DPS at the endgame, however I'm lacking some leveling tips in here, like which skill to start with, what links to get at first etc. Could you maybe provide few sentences about how you approach that, please?

I usually just do the leveling with a completly different build ans respec to this one when i have enough currency to make it decent.

So it can be anything you like as a witch really, minion builds like skeleton, carrion or chaos dot like essence drain, bane, elementalist as EA ballista build or much more..
Hello! can anyone help me crafting helmet? I can't understand how to go about it... wasted 6 ex in attempts :(
"
l3v4n wrote:
Hello! can anyone help me crafting helmet? I can't understand how to go about it... wasted 6 ex in attempts :(

I would say just buy one or if you really want to craft one then the easiest way is just go awaken orb +1 power charge and -9 chaos res and hope for open prefix to craft 70 life.

Forget about the chaos to spells not worth it unless you are on an uber budget.
buying the one that fits requires at least 25 ex or more (current prices on poetrade) but was just wondering if theres any lifehack I wasnt aware of
"
GG_TWiF wrote:
"
lindre002 wrote:
Hi TWIF, thanks for this informative guide.

I'm trying to build a similar character and Forbidden Rite skill feels awful on tanky bosses that moves a lot. The projectiles miss all the time when they move around.

Any chance you figured out to improve the hitrate on moving enemies? Hope you can share.

Never had this issue, classic gem gives projectile speed i believe, then maybe just stay closer to bosses so projectiles take less time to land.

Maybe your cast speed is too low also can't tell.

Have similar issue with missing projectiles when fighting quick mobs, especially with some archnemesis mods. I try to partially mitigate that with Stone Golem that can taunt enemies and lock them in place. Using regular forbidded rite gem with 23% quality (so even a bit faster projectiles).
Thank you for this build!
Already got the good gear, so finally i can farm simulacrum deathless :)
Also Maven's invitation farm is going really well.

Thats my current gear:
Spoiler
Last edited by Stanback on Jun 24, 2022, 11:19:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info