Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

3.18 | Forbidden Rite Occultist : Selfcast | Tens of Millions of DPS | (Not A League Starter)

Hi, thanks for the build guide. I switch to this build for my league end build and spend everything also craft all of my own gear but the build is kinda squishy is there anything that i can improve? or did i do something wrong ?

this is my pob : https://pastebin.com/dFeth0Xn

i was thinking to switch to stasis prison armour since i have that armour but if i did switch those badge brotherhood will be useless for bossing since i cant get frenzy on hit anymore, is there any other way to get frenzy on hit?

thanks

"
oyoya wrote:
Hi, thanks for the build guide. I switch to this build for my league end build and spend everything also craft all of my own gear but the build is kinda squishy is there anything that i can improve? or did i do something wrong ?

this is my pob : https://pastebin.com/dFeth0Xn

i was thinking to switch to stasis prison armour since i have that armour but if i did switch those badge brotherhood will be useless for bossing since i cant get frenzy on hit anymore, is there any other way to get frenzy on hit?

thanks

Stasis prison version is very expensive and alot of crafting is needed:).

Here it is my version of the build with stasis prison pre 3.19, you can do some changes if you want and maybe improve some items.

https://pastebin.com/sTgC3XkG - this is very tanky, you can do everything including deep delve bosses.
Is this build still viable in 3.23 ?
"
agassparkle wrote:
Is this build still viable in 3.23 ?

It is still viable though the guide is not up to date at all and there are now better versions of the build.

If you want to play forbidden rite take a look at Pathfinder version maybe (poison) or you can still play as occultist crit with a lot more recoup and other kind of stuff.
I want to play this but I'm worried about mana issues now that lab enchants are gone. Are there any other good sources of mana cost reduction? You can get up to 5% on boots but it doesn't seem like a lot.
"
Cosmic711 wrote:
I want to play this but I'm worried about mana issues now that lab enchants are gone. Are there any other good sources of mana cost reduction? You can get up to 5% on boots but it doesn't seem like a lot.

You probably just use mana recoup now. Mana is probably easier to deal with than before with that.
Is is frenzy charges that makes you cast forbidden rite fast? Because I've always wanted to run an Occulist, but Occulist seems to be one of those classes that doesn't have a lot of builds / guides compared to the other classes, as you can see the forums here most of the occulist builds are like 3.18, 3.21, 2.18, ect. But look at the ranger forum and the top 100 forum posts are for 3.23 and have hundreds of pages of replies.

So I've always wanted to do an occulist, but seems they rely heavily on already being lvl 80+.

So, I had 3 other lvl 90s so far this league. So I said screw it, stripped all 3 of those chars, sold their gear and made my occulist. Except I went the hard route. I found a char on poe.ninja, the top #1 lvl 100 occulist and just copied his passive tree / links / gear. Boy oh boy was that a mistake, I struggled thru the acts, but I made it thru all 10 acts and 3 labs by myself using Absolution with a Tabula. Now I'm lvl 80 with good gear and full forbidden rite setup, but I'm using cyclone.

Its fun, but I had a Forbidden Rite occulist run my ranger thru Uber lab and they didn't use cyclone, they was either selfcast or auto-cast with cast when damage taken or cast when stunned. couldn't really tell as they ran too fast for me to keep up and watch and learn.

But anyways, when I setup with cast on crit with cyclone, my tooltip DPS is like 50k, I take cast on crit off and my tooltip DPS jumps up to 120k, but selfcasting Forbidden Rite has a cooldown delay and my char stops moving for just a sec when I self cast it, but he stops moving just long enough to not be very effective, the mobs swarm me and usually kill me before I can get multiple forbidden rites off.

So my question would be, how can I have a smooth cast / walking without having to top for 1 - 2 secs each time to cast forbidden rite, can I not just run full speed while casting it? Because it seems that cast on crit is making my DPS less than half. I have mageblood, hits can't be evaded dagger, kalandras ring and a ton of gems.

Also the guy was using melding flesh gem but it drops my resists so low I can't even run a T1 map so debating on selling it and getting something else. But I noticed on poe ninja that 99% of forbidden rite players are using cyclone with cast on crit.
"
Xentriques wrote:
Is is frenzy charges that makes you cast forbidden rite fast? Because I've always wanted to run an Occulist, but Occulist seems to be one of those classes that doesn't have a lot of builds / guides compared to the other classes, as you can see the forums here most of the occulist builds are like 3.18, 3.21, 2.18, ect. But look at the ranger forum and the top 100 forum posts are for 3.23 and have hundreds of pages of replies.

So I've always wanted to do an occulist, but seems they rely heavily on already being lvl 80+.

So, I had 3 other lvl 90s so far this league. So I said screw it, stripped all 3 of those chars, sold their gear and made my occulist. Except I went the hard route. I found a char on poe.ninja, the top #1 lvl 100 occulist and just copied his passive tree / links / gear. Boy oh boy was that a mistake, I struggled thru the acts, but I made it thru all 10 acts and 3 labs by myself using Absolution with a Tabula. Now I'm lvl 80 with good gear and full forbidden rite setup, but I'm using cyclone.

Its fun, but I had a Forbidden Rite occulist run my ranger thru Uber lab and they didn't use cyclone, they was either selfcast or auto-cast with cast when damage taken or cast when stunned. couldn't really tell as they ran too fast for me to keep up and watch and learn.

But anyways, when I setup with cast on crit with cyclone, my tooltip DPS is like 50k, I take cast on crit off and my tooltip DPS jumps up to 120k, but selfcasting Forbidden Rite has a cooldown delay and my char stops moving for just a sec when I self cast it, but he stops moving just long enough to not be very effective, the mobs swarm me and usually kill me before I can get multiple forbidden rites off.

So my question would be, how can I have a smooth cast / walking without having to top for 1 - 2 secs each time to cast forbidden rite, can I not just run full speed while casting it? Because it seems that cast on crit is making my DPS less than half. I have mageblood, hits can't be evaded dagger, kalandras ring and a ton of gems.

Also the guy was using melding flesh gem but it drops my resists so low I can't even run a T1 map so debating on selling it and getting something else. But I noticed on poe ninja that 99% of forbidden rite players are using cyclone with cast on crit.

Like i said earlier build guide is not up to date at all and i didn't touch it for a long while, but hit me up in game and we can discuss maybe, surely i can share knowledge about it. IGN is @Eggsialis
"
GG_TWiF wrote:
"
Xentriques wrote:

Like i said earlier build guide is not up to date at all and i didn't touch it for a long while, but hit me up in game and we can discuss maybe, surely i can share knowledge about it. IGN is @Eggsialis

yea I seen you say build guide wasn't up to date, no Occulist build guide is ever up to date.

If we aren't too far apart timezone wise I'll hit you up this afternoon when I get off work. Its 9:30am right now and I get off work at 2pm cst.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info