0.10.5c Patch Notes

"
riptid3 wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Because that's abusable to kill any monster without any danger.

How? Waiting for traps to properly fill up after zoning!? (Sorry I had to :P)
Approach monster/boss. Portal to town. Equip spiked shield/flat reflect gear. Go back via portal. Stand there invulnerable while monsters kill themselves against you. Optionally have a party member go aggro more and bring them to you.

This is abusable (but boring) for players, and easily done by bots, as well, which don't get bored.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
riptid3 wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Approach monster/boss. Portal to town. Equip spiked shield/flat reflect gear. Go back via portal. Stand there invulnerable while monsters kill themselves against you. Optionally have a party member go aggro more and bring them to you.

This is abusable (but boring) for players, and easily done by bots, as well, which don't get bored.

This lends yet more credence to the correct fix being a change to monster AI where they will not attack "Grace'd" players.
"
pneuma wrote:

This lends yet more credence to the correct fix being a change to monster AI where they will not attack "Grace'd" players.

Indeed. No idea why you didnt impliment it this way to begin with. Hellgate got at least that part of the timer done properly- monsters there didnt know you existed until your invuln wore off (though there was still a timer, causing the same zone in death issues poe has now).

Change characters to be invisible to monster ai while invulnerable, prevent characters from receiving credit for boss kills and the like while invulnerable, make the invulnerability last until an action is performed and all the current problems and abuses are history.
IGN: KoTao
@Mark_GGG
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324545/page/1

Grace period is already abuseable.

I think the first time I saw this abusing was a Turbo Party race in november at brutus.
"
pneuma wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Ya, it really should be changed to this as it is abusable even with only 10 seconds.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

As opposed to the monsters killing the character without any danger?

C'mon, guys.
That's for you to work out how to solve rather than siding with the monsters in a game with such harsh penalties in Default and ofc removal of char from HC leage in HC.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Then why is it coded so that reflects/thorns work during a grace period?
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Apr 11, 2013, 7:29:25 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
riptid3 wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

So make reflect not work if the grace period is active.
I didnt know where to post it, cuz i dont think its bug but i really dont like the missing sound of attacking these Serpentines.
I dont "feel" my cleave sound, i can't hear it, and i dont know then if im desync or whatever...
Could you fix that "weird thing" or improve the effect sound while attacking of these mobs?

Thanks.

Here is a screen:
http://i.imgur.com/HGLw7s1.png
Last edited by Sebash6 on Apr 11, 2013, 8:13:47 PM
"
ricket wrote:
"
Spikey00 wrote:
RIP Cybrix. May your legacy among many (including a chracter of mine) save many others in the future.

I haven't found one area where a single monster comes up to you in 20 seconds from a waypoint, so I would advise stop porting in and out of bad areas.

Often happens at a fresh Chamber of Sins 2 wp for me. Almost died loading in there a few times-- once with the area's unique spider chewing on me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info