Account banned Reason: "Third Party Software"

"
Echothesis wrote:
There was a rumor recently, about GGG looking into some new potential malicious use of awakened POE trade, so they did carpet ban everyone with signs of relevant activity until it is investigated.

Oh my, sounds scary, but this rumor explain what happened with last ban-wave for APOETrade users.
Had to wait 3weeks last time It happened to me, basically used the old PoE TradeMacro from back in the days, apparently got flagged while doing too many price check requests during a heavy load API period.

Might be that you were put in the same bag as bots or something like this, obviously GGG knows about people using Awakened Poe Trade, and they're m ainly ok with it, but when looking at the data they can't specificaly tell if you're one of the bad or "good" friendly users, first action is to lock the account, go through appeal for an in depth review of your account, then giving your access back. threat not, if you're clear and you know it, It shouldn't be a problem ;)

It's just sad to be locked out of the league for a period but your account should be fine.
"
jaytea89 wrote:
"
But a clear reason was given to all these cases no matter if you agree with it or not....
Remember you agreed to this in the ToS you agreed to when you created your account.

With all due respect, please stop. You've commented in basically every thread regarding this with some "holier-than-thou" attitude and it's super offputting.

I want to reiterate this as well.
When I had issues earlier with my account and trying to find info in similar threads (while I don't doubt GGG had a good reason to lock or ban a lot of people) it was also quite time-consuming reading the same kind of reply over and over.

[Removed by Support]

I understand some people want to help GGG/support but if I were a new player coming to the forums and came across this guy in *every* *single* *thread*, esp ones where he gets passive aggressive I'd be put off from playing the game too.
Last edited by Will_GGG on Feb 18, 2022, 12:56:31 AM
"
jaytea89 wrote:

With all due respect, please stop. You've commented in basically every thread regarding this with some "holier-than-thou" attitude and it's super offputting.

Thank you. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info