Art, Areas, and Effects Feedback Forum

"
Linchpin wrote:
1. Recolor the Wisdom and Portal scrolls. It's hard to tell them apart at first glance.

That tripped me up as well in my first hours of play, they look very similar.
I started my first Templar yesterday. I kept mentally stumbling (pretend that made sense) over the sound of the default attack. It sounds like a wheeze, or a wet tissue, instead of a solid chunky thunk. I think fixing it would improve the overall perception of him as a warrior, because you hear it so often.

Also, the Marauder's defining combat sound seems to be a grunt. I disliked it enormously. His appearance cues that he's a barbarian. That sound makes him sound stupid or maybe, laboring in combat, where he should be effortless.

Sorry if these observations are a repeat.
Being punctured needs a more visible notification. I've already died too many times to punctures I didn't notice in time. A red pulsing screen border would probably be a little overkill just for one effect... although it could be also used for being poisoned too (green pulse).
http://www.last.fm/user/LinchpinPL

http://is.gd/zNxxJg Lynchpin, Firestorm Templar, lvl 74

Current char: http://is.gd/Q9HfTo Deflector, ES/EVA/BLOCK/ELEM Shadow, lvl 65
Last edited by Linchpin on Jun 24, 2012, 7:43:42 PM
Russell, I think when you increase the aoe of things like sweep the outer edge of the radius should be a little bit more visible - whether by changing the effect or adding an extra swirl or something. Would make increased aoe stuff easier to judge.
"
Schnorky wrote:
When you are in dungeons and your character or a enemy is behind a wall , the enemy or your character is hard to see because the wall is in front. Maybe if you walk behind those walls, its possible to show the shapes of characters behind.

yep, just like D2 & D3 have. This is one of the first things I noticed. I can't see what I'm doing or if anything else is there when I'm behind a wall :/
"
hydris wrote:
The early outdoor areas of Act 2 (the Forest, Crossroads, etc), I think, are too bright and don't match the rest of the game especially when the game is "dark and gritty".

In Act 1 you have a dark, damp, coast setting and with dark caves, but in Act 2 you for a good portion you have a very lively, and verdant jungle with sunshine with a town that follows the same theme.

please don't change these areas! I like them a lot. I can actually SEE when I'm in them. And there's certainly nothing wrong with having a mix of map types in the game.
In fact I'm awaiting the prototypical snow map in the future :P
"
Tunabomber wrote:

Opposite to this, I do not enjoy the complete black prominent in dungeon areas. I understand that complete lack of vision may be a gameplay element, but I would rather have the open surroundings dark, not completely black.

agreed

I would also use dark textures inside the "walls", stone textures in underground areas for example. I find the complete black a bit too claustrophobic, and it also makes the dungeon areas seem more detatched. I think my suggestion would give the areas more presence and immersion.

agreed

However, there seems to be a very fast stun effect sometimes when mobs hit you, I would suggest adding some visual feedback to this effect, so that the player is immediately aware it occured, and that lag was not the culprit. Perhaps a quick little flash on the center of the player character or something similar?

+1

I would also add an visual effect to attempting to cast a spell while out of mana. Possibly a fizzle of a failed spell on the character, or a flash on the mana ball.

+1

would like to see affixes on pieces that are + to light radius
"
Nazarene wrote:
"
hydris wrote:
The early outdoor areas of Act 2 (the Forest, Crossroads, etc), I think, are too bright and don't match the rest of the game especially when the game is "dark and gritty".

In Act 1 you have a dark, damp, coast setting and with dark caves, but in Act 2 you for a good portion you have a very lively, and verdant jungle with sunshine with a town that follows the same theme.

This I like.
"
hydris wrote:

Definitly this, the happy outgoing atmosphere of Act 2 and overdone brightness is indeed too much on negative side for me as well tbh, and more importantly it does not fit with the grim world of Wraeclast.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
Last edited by BrecMadak on Jun 28, 2012, 6:49:01 PM
Sorry if it has been mentioned but didnt feel like reading 13 pages.

First off love the game think that the zones and feel gets better and better as game progresses.

However one thing that stuck with me a bit is how lacklustre I found the first zone where you start compared to the rest of the zones. The art style and sound etc is very gritty and I like I just feel like as the first zone people see this deserves to have a little more WOW factor.

I aint hating just giving my 2 cents worth i just found later zones to be more "dynamic" agin not sure if it is something that has been mentioned before or not.

Just think the first zone should be a giant slap in the face of WOW HOLY FRIGGEN SHIT WTF THIS SHIT IS AMAZING, which TBH took me about an hour to discover.

KAPAI GGG
ITS A TU MEKE GAME
Tu Meke GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info