Art, Areas, and Effects Feedback Forum

Necromancer - while he is a great add to gameplay he's looking somewhat out of place WOWlike. Necromancers have their strength in intellect not in those hulking bodies. Some shady hooded smallframe figure would be better. And his voice on dying is pretty lame too.
"
miasma wrote:
Necromancer - while he is a great add to gameplay he's looking somewhat out of place WOWlike. Necromancers have their strength in intellect not in those hulking bodies. Some shady hooded smallframe figure would be better. And his voice on dying is pretty lame too.

i concur, been quite busy with suppressing the cries how tough/annoying/unfun (you name it) they were and actually couldn't had the chance to talk about its looking, sound, animation etc.

True i also didn't like its looking and their death sound, sounds like he is getting slaughtered by someone cause of the audio is like cut off immediately.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
I really don't like the way the mini map looks. It's not easy on the eyes and seems to be slightly off from the game world.
I have noticed almost all water pools in caves have swells/ripples, I can accept that keeping in mind there could be strong draft(draught).

However it can be more realistic to have puddles with calm water interacting with pers/mobs steps.
Last edited by gr2y on May 31, 2012, 12:07:07 AM
They currently don't have the technology to determine the surface something is walking on and thus can't have splashes.
A rather unimportant note perhaps, but the Jade axes that look so cool in their 2D art, got the proportions all wrong in the 3D versions and look so bad I would actually not use one even if it was a 50% upgrade on my current weapon.
Not sure if this is new to the current patch, but I just noticed in the Fellshrine Ruins that you can see the rainwater running down the trunks of trees. Bravo! Such amazing attention to detail, and if nobody has said anything before now, your art team deserves some praise.

I also noticed that there is a fuzzy "glow" around the item pictures. I know this was mentioned by one'a the devs, but, I think it looks kinda nice, mystical even. Fix it or don't, but not every accidental change is necessarily a bad one. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
miasma wrote:
I did notice that Necromancers are strangely huge. Why are they so much bigger than all the other characters?
Women.

There are female NPCs in the encampment, but otherwise very few female representations in the game, whether it be generic enemies or bosses, and even hybrid creatures half human half monster..

In Diablo II we had
- The Countess in the Forgotten Tower in Act 1.
- Andariel of course, the boss in Act 1.
- Sarina the Battlemaid in Ruined Temple of Act III.

And quite a few female NPCs that told the story such as the Assassin in Act 3 town.

I love the face off also between female protagonists... the sorceress greeting Andariel here... Ripley fighting the Alien Queen comes to mind...

For example shouldn't there be any women in those bandit camps in Act 2? I haven't seen any. It would add more variety.

The world of Wraeclast feels very "manly".

Or is it just my impression?

Last edited by DeF46 on Jun 16, 2012, 9:27:03 AM
My 2 cents:

1. Recolor the Wisdom and Portal scrolls. It's hard to tell them apart at first glance.

2. Add quality and/or level indicators to skill gem icons in the inventory.
http://www.last.fm/user/LinchpinPL

http://is.gd/zNxxJg Lynchpin, Firestorm Templar, lvl 74

Current char: http://is.gd/Q9HfTo Deflector, ES/EVA/BLOCK/ELEM Shadow, lvl 65

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info