3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
Cydcor wrote:
something im confused about is the quality on a regular explosive arrow.... do we want that increased duration? doesnt that make the damage happen slower? or is it more to make sure all the arrows have time to stick before exploding?

Duration is a good thing, because it gives you more time to scale the Explosion higher (sticking more arrows in it, which all get added together).

e.g. Yes, it takes 20% longer to explode, but it will do +40%Dmg

Only Downside (which is why we dont just stack +Duration) is that it slows down your mapclear. As you are stuck waiting for you explosion to go off.

People kinda just accepted the ~+20%Duration as an acceptable compromise between both

Last edited by Schejian on Feb 14, 2022, 1:50:08 PM
I had to take much of last week off for a work trip so I am still catching up and currency is a little light. Am I nerfing myself by using Hyrris Ire along with Shaper of Storms? Should I lose the armor or respec that node to bastion of elements?

First plan tonight is to recolor my bow to get a blue or white socket and grab a medium cluster for attack speed.
"
I had to take much of last week off for a work trip so I am still catching up and currency is a little light. Am I nerfing myself by using Hyrris Ire along with Shaper of Storms? Should I lose the armor or respec that node to bastion of elements?

First plan tonight is to recolor my bow to get a blue or white socket and grab a medium cluster for attack speed.

Hyeris + Shaper of Storms is fine.

It's what I'm running in my "ultra DPS" setup.

If you are fine defensively, then the above is good. Otherwise if you need more defence, consider a different chest and/or Bastian of Elements.
Last edited by brunowa on Feb 14, 2022, 3:31:51 PM
There are now two POBs in th guide:

1) a more well-rounded version which balances DPS and defence (original version)

2) an ultra DPS version.

The ultra DPS version triples our damage (crazy!) but at the cost of losing some life, Purity of Elements (and therefore ailment immunity), and Bastian of Elements. Overall, this new ultra DPS version is my preferred one now, but with weaker gear the balanced one may be better.
Last edited by brunowa on Feb 14, 2022, 3:47:37 PM
Is there a consensus on HoD or SoS as ascendancy?
Was reading a bit that SoS is better if you have some lighting damage on gear.
Is that true?

"
Schejian wrote:
@Brunowa

I think you need to add a quick how-to POB Guide.
There seems to be a lot of confusion.
..snip..
AttackRate *6 Totems * Hitchance * (increased duration) = Fuses
..snip..
Going from 10->15 Fuses is 75% MORE DPS
Going from 15->20 Fuses is 52% MORE DPS
Going from 10->20 Fuses is 166% MORE DPS

Also I think this post should definitely go in the main page.
Is so hard to find in-deep explanations for complex skills like EA.
@Schejian even added pics and stuff :X
Last edited by pra-lima87 on Feb 14, 2022, 3:51:09 PM
I asked a few pages earlier on new implicits and still wondering. Is the exposure from this glove useless or is it additive with EE?

And another question. I tried swapping in Headhunter for mapping but it just feels worse than Dyadan, probably due to slower ignites. Is there another item I can swap in to be able to use HH? (I already have Blowback on my cluster)
Anyone using lethal pride? Does it matter which of the three types it is? I saw it mentioned around in some video I think it was Palsteron but he stopped playing the build.

Also what are some juicy stuff to aim for with lethal pride?
"
Feydaleth wrote:
I asked a few pages earlier on new implicits and still wondering. Is the exposure from this glove useless or is it additive with EE?

And another question. I tried swapping in Headhunter for mapping but it just feels worse than Dyadan, probably due to slower ignites. Is there another item I can swap in to be able to use HH? (I already have Blowback on my cluster)

Hey mate, exposure is not a stackable debuff. If you apply two Exposures of the same element onto an enemy, the stronger of the two should completely overwrite the weaker one. We already apply -25% via Mastermind of Discord, so the implicit doesn't do anything.

Not sure of any other item that would help you use HH. With all the HH buffs that should offset any downside.
"
velvetpaws12 wrote:
Anyone using lethal pride? Does it matter which of the three types it is? I saw it mentioned around in some video I think it was Palsteron but he stopped playing the build.

Also what are some juicy stuff to aim for with lethal pride?

I'm not using Lethal Pride, but you'd want to try stack "Ignites deal 10% damage faster"
"
pra-lima87 wrote:
Is there a consensus on HoD or SoS as ascendancy?
Was reading a bit that SoS is better if you have some lighting damage on gear.
Is that true?

"
Schejian wrote:
@Brunowa

I think you need to add a quick how-to POB Guide.
There seems to be a lot of confusion.
..snip..
AttackRate *6 Totems * Hitchance * (increased duration) = Fuses
..snip..
Going from 10->15 Fuses is 75% MORE DPS
Going from 15->20 Fuses is 52% MORE DPS
Going from 10->20 Fuses is 166% MORE DPS

Also I think this post should definitely go in the main page.
Is so hard to find in-deep explanations for complex skills like EA.
@Schejian even added pics and stuff :X

Thanks Schejian for the mini write-up on using POB for Explosive Arrow.

I have added it to the POB section of the guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info