3.23 EXPLOSIVE ARROW BALLISTA ELEMENTALIST - League-Start to End-Game. Easy mode.

"
Schejian wrote:
"
brunowa wrote:

Doing some simple swapping of gear, I have gone from about 14mill ignite DPS, to now 42.7MILLION Ignite Damage Per Second.

Hey, clicking convergence and setting Fuses to 20, even though you only reach 15 is cheating ;)

hehe yeh it did sound high in POB. I have just always used those settings as my "basis". Will have to check what it comes to without those. Either way, the Atlas is melting :)
Last edited by brunowa on Feb 14, 2022, 5:08:53 AM
"
YukitoEiri wrote:

True, I have a problem with auras, in order to launch all 5 auras, I spent 3 extra skill points. Can you suggest how to fix this situation?
The setup for 5 auras is a six link chest armour, 2 green / 2 blue / 2 red. Socket all 5 auras in there with an Enlighten level 3 or higher gem. If you have some mana on gear, level 3 enlighten will be enough. If you don't have enough mana on your gear, you'll need a level 4. Or some different gear with more mana.

Replace malevolence with Purity of Elements in my setup:
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Last edited by grimjack68 on Feb 14, 2022, 2:02:10 AM
"
"
YukitoEiri wrote:

What can you say about my build? What is worth fixing? I'm actually not a very good poe player and honestly I don't understand where and how to farm so much currency...

True, I have a problem with auras, in order to launch all 5 auras, I spent 3 extra skill points. Can you suggest how to fix this situation?

Your precision is way to high in your current setup. Either go with what people suggested and use enlighten or stick with a level 1 precision.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on Feb 14, 2022, 2:13:22 AM
I don't know anymore, I've already cleared Feared & Flawless Chayula but I still feel my variation of the build is way too squishy.

Could I please get some advice? Quiver & Ring aren't exactly the best but the rest of the pieces are pretty decent I reckon.

POB: https://pastebin.com/bdXK5Jwr
Last edited by gaucetank12345 on Feb 14, 2022, 3:14:58 AM
"
I don't know anymore, I've already cleared Feared & Flawless Chayula but I still feel my variation of the build is way too squishy.

Could I please get some advice? Quiver & Ring aren't exactly the best but the rest of the pieces are pretty decent I reckon.

What are you dying to? That will help you determine what defences you are lacking.

Your gear looks pretty good. I don't bhave access to POB right now but here are a couple potential things:

1) Chest. The chest in this build is very versatile. If DPS is fine, opt for a more defensive chest like the others listed in the first post.

2) Life. You could get better life rolls. A Vermilion ring would be great too. You can swap out the unique DPS ring for a more defensive option with life and chaos res if needed.

3) Flasks. Your flasks are mostly offensive. You could try some further defensive options depending on your needs.

4) Pantheons. Pantheons are great for plugging any defensive gaps.

You got a bloody 29% DOT implicit on your gloves alone so that's nuts for DPS... Swap out some DPS stuff (passive tree even) and go defensive if that's an issue you're facing.

Edit: also check your quiver. Firing just one additional arrow I believe makes your ballistas "fork" and not actually hit the target properly, which can mess up single target dps.
Last edited by brunowa on Feb 14, 2022, 3:35:01 AM
"

Going out on a limb here, but the dieing part might have to do with the 3,6k HP :-)

Pretty nice Gear you got there!
But you should be able to pull far more than your 8M ignite DPS with that kind of equipment.

Attackspeed is holding you back greatly.

Looks like you'v been a bit to focused on increases Dps@20Fuses without realizing you only apply about 35% of that.

1,95 Aps * 6 Totems *91%hitchance = 10fuses max

Grab the skillduration from +20% EA Quality or Damage over Time Mastery will already help a lot

"
brunowa wrote:
"

What are you dying to? That will help you determine what defences you are lacking.

Your gear looks pretty good. I don't bhave access to POB right now but here are a couple potential things:

1) Chest. The chest in this build is very versatile. If DPS is fine, opt for a more defensive chest like the others listed in the first post.

2) Life. You could get better life rolls. A Vermilion ring would be great too. You can swap out the unique DPS ring for a more defensive option with life and chaos res if needed.

3) Flasks. Your flasks are mostly offensive. You could try some further defensive options depending on your needs.

4) Pantheons. Pantheons are great for plugging any defensive gaps.

You got a bloody 29% DOT implicit on your gloves alone so that's nuts for DPS... Swap out some DPS stuff (passive tree even) and go defensive if that's an issue you're facing.

Edit: also check your quiver. Firing just one additional arrow I believe makes your ballistas "fork" and not actually hit the target properly, which can mess up single target dps.

That's as much as I figured as well.

But dropping Hyrri's will mean dropping my cold damage source. Unless I roll it else where I guess.

The additional arrow seemed to help immensely with my chayula run, and most of the time I just drop the totems in front of the boss.

But yeah, I'm in the midst of crafting a new quiver and buying a new ring. Thanks for the input!
"
Schejian wrote:
"

Going out on a limb here, but the dieing part might have to do with the 3,6k HP :-)

Pretty nice Gear you got there!
But you should be able to pull far more than your 8M ignite DPS with that kind of equipment.

Attackspeed is holding you back greatly.

Looks like you'v been a bit to focused on increases Dps@20Fuses without realizing you only apply about 35% of that.

1,95 Aps * 6 Totems *91%hitchance = 10fuses max

Grab the skillduration from +20% EA Quality or Damage over Time Mastery will already help a lot

Of course.

And I'm well aware of my AS lacking.

Not at much as you think, however. You did not include the initial arrows, so that puts us at 16 fuses.

And thanks for your input as well, DOT mastery seems like a good pick up!
"

Not at much as you think, however. You did not include the initial arrows, so that puts us at 16 fuses.

Careful, there are no "initial arrows" on boss fights.
I think you refer to Palsterons calculation in the vid?
That's only for a single explosion, on Trash. So kinda misleading.

Misleading because:
1, You don't need/set 6Totems on Trash anyway
2, You can't set down 6Totems in the same time
3, On Bosses you'll have continous explosions anyway

On Bosses you get exactly APS*Totems*Hitchance*Duration Fuses.

E.g. If your totems are hitting on average 10 Times per seconds, you'll get 10Fuses on average.

What the consensus with Rain of Splinters? Price skyrocketed but I can't find any mention of it in the main page.

I imagine it gives a better chance of maxing fuses. But it also reduces damage.

A nice thing to place in the main page would be how to calculate fuses. Or maybe the attack speed breakpoints with like 5/6 totems.
Last edited by pra-lima87 on Feb 14, 2022, 5:14:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info