Content Update 3.17.0 -- Path of Exile: Siege of the Atlas

mhm
problem: no one wonts to self cast skills :(.
solution: nerf unleash.
fucking genius !
"
Riverwind77 wrote:
"
killy2 wrote:
Gonna be super fun for 2 weeks as usual. Once the masses reach lvl 90 and see they can't kill any of the end game bosses and make no currency, we will be back to the 3.16 situation.
Oh well, let's enjoy it while it lasts.

please explain in a reasonable way, why do you think people wont be able to kill exarc or devourer.

And of course why that would put us in the same situation as 3.16 with different league and content, and without even having gem information? =)

0.6% of the playerbase have killed the Maven, Uber Elder is also quite a tough fight for many and no doubt the Exarch and Eater of Worlds will be too.

If more casual players can't beat these and give up because they can't progress their Atlas, numbers playing will drop significantly, and more to the point, so will potential buyers for all the gear the 1% craft, which means they won't make the currency needed to craft their own real end game gear.

Tailoring the game to just the top players, will lose the attention of those that can't handle it.

I have 36 challenges this league, all done myself, and I have never beaten the Maven because I hate the stupid memory game.

If these 4 challenges are of a similar difficulty level to Maven in the current league, expect very poor retention rates.
sweet, cant wait
"
Ruddski wrote:
"
Riverwind77 wrote:
"
killy2 wrote:
Gonna be super fun for 2 weeks as usual. Once the masses reach lvl 90 and see they can't kill any of the end game bosses and make no currency, we will be back to the 3.16 situation.
Oh well, let's enjoy it while it lasts.

please explain in a reasonable way, why do you think people wont be able to kill exarc or devourer.

And of course why that would put us in the same situation as 3.16 with different league and content, and without even having gem information? =)

0.6% of the playerbase have killed the Maven, Uber Elder is also quite a tough fight for many and no doubt the Exarch and Eater of Worlds will be too.

If more casual players can't beat these and give up because they can't progress their Atlas, numbers playing will drop significantly, and more to the point, so will potential buyers for all the gear the 1% craft, which means they won't make the currency needed to craft their own real end game gear.

Tailoring the game to just the top players, will lose the attention of those that can't handle it.

I have 36 challenges this league, all done myself, and I have never beaten the Maven because I hate the stupid memory game.

If these 4 challenges are of a similar difficulty level to Maven in the current league, expect very poor retention rates.

Where did you find the 0,6%?

Also I dont agree with the "Tailoring the game to just the top players, will lose the attention of those that can't handle it." part, I don't really think they are tailoring the game for the top players, there's just content only top players can do. Not everyone should be able to do everything in a game, if everyone could do it then its no achievement to do it.
Last edited by Hapseleg on Jan 29, 2022, 11:32:03 AM
[Removed by Support]....the whole league I've grinded tier 10 scourge maps (have like 70-80 of em), for GGG just to render them useless. WTF MAN! this is what I get for spending money and time on the game?
Last edited by Kali_GGG on Jan 29, 2022, 11:47:41 AM

Also I dont agree with the "Tailoring the game to just the top players, will lose the attention of those that can't handle it." part, I don't really think they are tailoring the game for the top players, there's just content only top players can do. Not everyone should be able to do everything in a game, if everyone could do it then its no achievement to do it.

Steam achievements, which although they don't cover the whole player base, similar figures will likely be replicated across the board.

I have done pretty much all content apart from this one boss (stupid memory game) which was aspirational end game content to gain the shiniest toys.

She should not be used as a gatekeeper to Atlas progression.

Lost Arc is launching on the 11th and will make a tempting alternative for players frustrated by the next league.
Last edited by Ruddski on Jan 29, 2022, 12:06:31 PM
"
Ruddski wrote:

If these 4 challenges are of a similar difficulty level to Maven in the current league, expect very poor retention rates.[/quote]

Also I dont agree with the "Tailoring the game to just the top players, will lose the attention of those that can't handle it." part, I don't really think they are tailoring the game for the top players, there's just content only top players can do. Not everyone should be able to do everything in a game, if everyone could do it then its no achievement to do it.[/quote]

Steam achievements, which although they don't cover the whole player base, similar figures will likely be replacted across the board.

I have done pretty much all content apart from this one boss (stupid memory game) which was aspirational end game content to gain the shiniest toys.

She should not be used as a gatekeeper to Atlas progression.

Lost Arc is launching on the 11th and will make a tempting alternative for players frustrated by the next league.[/quote]

after seeing this patch note Im keep loosing my interest to poe. I have played lost ark beta and thats bring me fun and relaxing game style. The heavily grinding of maps every leagues and "balance" is triggering me away from this. Im starting lost ark on the 8th
Tbh this is shaping up to be one of the best content patches ever.

Archnemesis doesn't look that interesting to me, but the streamlining of the atlas will bring enough freshness and alleviate the unnecessary complexity.
I imagine many of the more casual players don't have maven killed because the way of getting there can be somewhat frustrating and intimidating.
Juggling watchstones is removed and the atlas skill tree is really cool for players looking to specialize in their favorite content.
All in all, good job GGG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info