(Discontinued) Odif's Build Guides for Newbies: Skeleton Mage Necro

"
Odif wrote:
"
kriell wrote:
I'm no newbie but I started as skeletons last time and switched to golems when I had some currency. However, I really liked skeletons when I played them for like 3 days last league and was considering starting as skele (mages) again.

I've never played them past the very early league start, so when you say "all content", what can you realistically do with skele mages? Like are the maven invitations and A8 Sirus doable? Was thinking of playing them until I can do something expensive this time.

Edit: it's a bit of a silly question but just to clarify: I don't expect "all content" to be very literal anymore with Simulacrum wave 30 and blight ravaged maps etc. being added!

Last league Skel Mages were one of the top end game builds.
It was one of the popular 30 simulacrum farmers.

Of my 3 builds, it has the highest damage ceiling.

"
Vennto wrote:
"
yissus wrote:
"
Odif wrote:

Last league Skel Mages were one of the top end game builds.
It was one of the popular 30 simulacrum farmers.

Of my 3 builds, it has the highest damage ceiling.

Just for Curiosity, which are the other top endgame builds that compete with skellies in simulacrum farmers?

Arakalis Fang spiders, trappers with investment. But skele mages is right up there once u've put in some money.

Thanks. I knew they were very much viable but I didn't know they were actually meta.

Hopefully they don't get nerfed as I had a lot of fun -- or, rather,I would have had a lot of fun but Scourge was very poorly suited for it as a league mechanic. This league should be much better.
"
kriell wrote:

Hopefully they don't get nerfed as I had a lot of fun -- or, rather,I would have had a lot of fun but Scourge was very poorly suited for it as a league mechanic. This league should be much better.

You know patch nodes are out, right? Why would u assume a nerf now 😂 they stay that way. That being said,they are not the solution for everyone - they need currency. If u are behind the economy u won't have much fun playing such a meta-heavy build.
"
Vennto wrote:
"
kriell wrote:

You know patch nodes are out, right? Why would u assume a nerf now 😂 they stay that way. That being said,they are not the solution for everyone - they need currency. If u are behind the economy u won't have much fun playing such a meta-heavy build.

Yeah I only realized after that post that the full ones had long been out. I skimmed the patch note summary earlier when they first posted them but assumed there would be more later, including the usual nerfs. Rare for them to nerf so little, and to buff so many gems (even if the unleash nerf makes some of the spells come out with little extra as a result).

It was a very busy month for me last month so I've been doing late catching up since yesterday lol. So looks like I'll be enjoying my comfy skeles as a starter.

I usually play some cheaper build until I save a hundred+ ex to play something else so budget is no problem when it comes to something like this. I just stop gearing my starter at some point when I feel like the diminishing returns on upgrades are too high and then save up currency.
Last edited by kriell on Feb 4, 2022, 8:28:46 AM
Hi to all. Do I need Vaal Summon Sceletons gem 20% and 21 lvl to be the boss of this gym with this build? And how can I get this gem?
"
Longinuss wrote:
Hi to all. Do I need Vaal Summon Sceletons gem 20% and 21 lvl to be the boss of this gym with this build? And how can I get this gem?

These are hard to get/ expensive.

Take a regular skel gem 20/20 and double corrupt it in the double corrupt altar in a Temple.

OR

Buy it for many many exaulteds.

21/0 are much more affordable
"
Odif wrote:
"
Longinuss wrote:

These are hard to get/ expensive.

Take a regular skel gem 20/20 and double corrupt it in the double corrupt altar in a Temple.

OR

Buy it for many many exaulteds.

21/0 are much more affordable

Thank you sir! Excellent guide. But I have another question: Defiance Banner or Determination? Wich aura is better and what the difference?
according yo your POB link why you put +1 passive to minion defense mastery which give you +8% elemental ress for minions instead of minion elemental resist node which gives you +8% res and +8% life for minion?

You just missed that or I don't get something :)

"
wildmike wrote:
according yo your POB link why you put +1 passive to minion defense mastery which give you +8% elemental ress for minions instead of minion elemental resist node which gives you +8% res and +8% life for minion?

You just missed that or I don't get something :)

The other node gives 8% phys reduction which is better
What kind of amulet should I get now that +1 to all int gems is no longer available?
you are ruining my life holy fuck, why is this so long. jesus christ my brain is rotting please help

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info