(Discontinued) Odif's Build Guides for Newbies: Skeleton Mage Necro

Yea! finally Odif is back :D
Odif is back! Grats!

Odif mate, last time 3-4 leagues ago I have made your build with skittles mages with zombies as shield around, right now I see spectres and guardians, do zombies are not reliable any more? I got lvl 100 that league pretty easy in 2 weeks from start of league. Does zombies are not working?

Also we can take 2 wands for +2 to increase the dmg right?
"
Hefer wrote:
Odif is back! Grats!

Odif mate, last time 3-4 leagues ago I have made your build with skittles mages with zombies as shield around, right now I see spectres and guardians, do zombies are not reliable any more? I got lvl 100 that league pretty easy in 2 weeks from start of league. Does zombies are not working?

Also we can take 2 wands for +2 to increase the dmg right?

My previous skel mage guide was my only newbie guide at the time so I made it really simple.

This time, I have 3 newbie guides, so I made the Skel Mage one a bit more complicated, spectres, animated guardian, and a cluster jewel.

Peeps needing simplicity can use one of the other two guides.

Shield vs dual wield wands.
Yes, dual wield wands is more damage, BUT it loses a LOT of defense, as you cant use tempest shield without a shield.
I'm no newbie but I started as skeletons last time and switched to golems when I had some currency. However, I really liked skeletons when I played them for like 3 days last league and was considering starting as skele (mages) again.

I've never played them past the very early league start, so when you say "all content", what can you realistically do with skele mages? Like are the maven invitations and A8 Sirus doable? Was thinking of playing them until I can do something expensive this time.

Edit: it's a bit of a silly question but just to clarify: I don't expect "all content" to be very literal anymore with Simulacrum wave 30 and blight ravaged maps etc. being added!
Last edited by kriell on Feb 3, 2022, 12:32:04 PM
"
kriell wrote:
I'm no newbie but I started as skeletons last time and switched to golems when I had some currency. However, I really liked skeletons when I played them for like 3 days last league and was considering starting as skele (mages) again.

I've never played them past the very early league start, so when you say "all content", what can you realistically do with skele mages? Like are the maven invitations and A8 Sirus doable? Was thinking of playing them until I can do something expensive this time.

Edit: it's a bit of a silly question but just to clarify: I don't expect "all content" to be very literal anymore with Simulacrum wave 30 and blight ravaged maps etc. being added!

Last league Skel Mages were one of the top end game builds.
It was one of the popular 30 simulacrum farmers.

Of my 3 builds, it has the highest damage ceiling.
What other Spectres can you use beside Carnage Chieftain?

In Scourge, I was using Carnage Chieftain + Host Chieftain + Pale Seraphim Scourge Mob that cast something like Aspect of Spider webs on enemy. Since Scourge isn't going core, I assume that Pale Seraphim is no longer available in Archnemesis?
Last edited by MillenniumDH on Feb 3, 2022, 3:46:49 PM
"
Odif wrote:

Just for Curiosity, which are the other top endgame builds that compete with skellies in simulacrum farmers?
"
MillenniumDH wrote:
What other Spectres can you use beside Carnage Chieftain?

In Scourge, I was using Carnage Chieftain + Host Chieftain + Pale Seraphim Scourge Mob that cast something like Aspect of Spider webs on enemy. Since Scourge isn't going core, I assume that Pale Seraphim is no longer available in Archnemesis?

Sadly I am not an expert on all the various support spectres.
Host Chieftains give power chargers...

Anything beyond that, I refer you to either Kay or Ghazzy.
"
yissus wrote:
"
Odif wrote:

Just for Curiosity, which are the other top endgame builds that compete with skellies in simulacrum farmers?

Arakalis Fang spiders, trappers with investment. But skele mages is right up there once u've put in some money.
"
yissus wrote:
"
Odif wrote:

In 3.16 Skel mages were one of the top overall builds for end game content.
In particular they are amazing for 30 sim.

Hi Odif. I wanna start your build these league. For your consideration Von Vikton made a skelle mage build last league and in his words was one of the most powerfull builds out there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3hB2DdfiY4

My only concern is the prices of the dead reckoning jewel. Someone says in the comments it was like 100 c first weeks and without the jewel the build is unplayable and clear ultra mega slow with just phys skellies. What do you think?

Do the chaos recipe then. 100c is 50 rotations chaos recipe, so we're talking 2 filled quad tabs and you are there. Not that big of a deal.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info