(Discontinued) Odif's Build Guides for Newbies: Skeleton Mage Necro

Thanks a lot for this guide! I found the Animate Guardian part of this helpful, and have had a lot of budget to min-max it. I tweaked it just a bit to get ailment immunity and physical damage reduction and can now clear Simulacrum 30s fairly safely and burst Maven down in any of her phases in about 10s.

I'm wondering what else I should upgrade? Here's my current setup.

I have a budget of about 30ex - my only thought right now is getting Awakened GMP, but am down for other ideas.

Pastebin - https://pastebin.com/JgCUHxMi

A few high-end upgrades and modifications:

• I've prioritized getting ailment immunity through 55% (thanks to new eldritch modifiers) on boots, 20% through shield mastery, and 25% through Arcane Sanctuary anoint
  • A 240% minion damage legion jewel is huge amounts of damage
  • For physical damage reduction, I've prioritized getting Bone Barrier through Forbidden Flesh/Forbidden Flame (I actually bought the Unnatural Strength ones since they're cheaper)
  • A 11- or 12-small passive cluster with good small passives actually gives more DPS (according to PoB) than a good 8-passive cluster with notables
  • If you don't use Convocation much, Ashes of the Stars with Divergent Convocation can give you up to about 10s of Unnerve in exchange for a super long cooldown. I basically only pop it on bosses and other high-health enemies to get my minions right on top of them
Last edited by arciinus on Mar 14, 2022, 12:43:17 PM
Hi Odif,

First of all thank you for the effort you put into this guide! As a new player this was super welcome.

I was finally able to buy the dead reckoning jewel last night.

But based on the last skill tree that you posted (https://poeplanner.com/b/ZJ9, I don't have POB unfortunately), where I put the jewel there are only strength nodes in the radius. In order to spawn the skeleton mages, I need the 40 intelligence in the radius so does that mean the skill tree is wrong or is there something else I need to be doing?

Many thanks

Last edited by Elbreus on Apr 10, 2022, 9:16:43 PM
"
arciinus wrote:
Thanks a lot for this guide! I found the Animate Guardian part of this helpful, and have had a lot of budget to min-max it. I tweaked it just a bit to get ailment immunity and physical damage reduction and can now clear Simulacrum 30s fairly safely and burst Maven down in any of her phases in about 10s.

I'm wondering what else I should upgrade? Here's my current setup.

I have a budget of about 30ex - my only thought right now is getting Awakened GMP, but am down for other ideas.

Pastebin - https://pastebin.com/JgCUHxMi

A few high-end upgrades and modifications:

• I've prioritized getting ailment immunity through 55% (thanks to new eldritch modifiers) on boots, 20% through shield mastery, and 25% through Arcane Sanctuary anoint
  • A 240% minion damage legion jewel is huge amounts of damage
  • For physical damage reduction, I've prioritized getting Bone Barrier through Forbidden Flesh/Forbidden Flame (I actually bought the Unnatural Strength ones since they're cheaper)
  • A 11- or 12-small passive cluster with good small passives actually gives more DPS (according to PoB) than a good 8-passive cluster with notables
  • If you don't use Convocation much, Ashes of the Stars with Divergent Convocation can give you up to about 10s of Unnerve in exchange for a super long cooldown. I basically only pop it on bosses and other high-health enemies to get my minions right on top of them

You took the build far further than I ever did.
I have no advice for you.
At this point you need to look at what Ghazzy does, for super high end investment advice.
"
Elbreus wrote:
Hi Odif,

First of all thank you for the effort you put into this guide! As a new player this was super welcome.

I was finally able to buy the dead reckoning jewel last night.

But based on the last skill tree that you posted (https://poeplanner.com/b/ZJ9, I don't have POB unfortunately), where I put the jewel there are only strength nodes in the radius. In order to spawn the skeleton mages, I need the 40 intelligence in the radius so does that mean the skill tree is wrong or is there something else I need to be doing?

Many thanks

Put it in the slot directly left of the witch start.

P.S.
the 40 int does NOT need to be allocated, so 4 10 int nodes are all you need, even if no skill points have been put in them.
Ok
In anticipation of 3.18, I have added Fleshcrafter to the build.

This is intended only for later, when you are doing tier 15+ maps and want to up your dps, and perhaps go on to endgame bosses.

Enjoy Exiles.
Hello, thanks for the guide, I had never played poe so easy.

Just one question: what would be the next step to this? skills
Map Starting, pre Fleshcrafter with the Fleshcrafter.
How to summon exactly those 15 skele mages? i dont always summon 15 of them, when not vaaling?

Help

i cant summon more than 13!

https://pastebin.com/gHAhRAA6
Last edited by Ma23ck on May 26, 2022, 12:41:46 AM
"
Ma23ck wrote:
How to summon exactly those 15 skele mages? i dont always summon 15 of them, when not vaaling?

Help

i cant summon more than 13!

https://pastebin.com/gHAhRAA6

Sorry it took so long to answer.
The wording on Dead Reckoning is misleading.
It does not change the number of skels you summon, it only changes what KIND of skels you summon, but can only change a maximum of 15.
Ok.
I have done some changes to the build.
I added Summon Phantasm as a support, and removed Pierce.

Phantasms add a LOT of single target damage, and they inherently pierce.

I made a choice of Predator support or Greater Multiple Projectiles, depending if you want more single target damage, or more clear speed.

I also prioritized Fleshcrafter, as with the new Archnemesis mods on rares, it is now effectively mandatory.

So the guide says get a Fleshcrafter for mapping, even if its only a 4l.

I have not changed the PoB yet, that will come when I have time.
Last edited by Odif on Jun 18, 2022, 11:27:09 AM
Heyy i have a question, i have femurs saint staff 6l so it it ok if i equip this instead of shield and wand?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info