(Unsupported) Odif's Build Guides for Newbies: Wintertide-Vortex Inquisitor

Hey,

I'm thinking of starting 3.17 with your wintertide brand as a league start and I was curious if it's possible to min-max the build. I usually only play 1 character per league since I despise the campaign and what I noticed was that there was no end game section in the PoB or forum post, clusters missing etc. So I wanted to ask what would your advice be for min-maxing the build if at all possible or do you recommend rolling a new character and only using this guide if you're a newbie and/or league starting character? :)
"
Undeadiscute wrote:
Hey,

I'm thinking of starting 3.17 with your wintertide brand as a league start and I was curious if it's possible to min-max the build. I usually only play 1 character per league since I despise the campaign and what I noticed was that there was no end game section in the PoB or forum post, clusters missing etc. So I wanted to ask what would your advice be for min-maxing the build if at all possible or do you recommend rolling a new character and only using this guide if you're a newbie and/or league starting character? :)

Inquisitor is not the best for min maxing cold dot.
You will never have as much dps as an Occultist.

I chose Inquisitor for my Newbie guide because it is MUCH more newbie friendly.

If you want to do one cold dot toon, start witch, go occultist.

You can basically follow an Occultist VOrtex/cold snap build, but use wintertide/vortex.

You can get the key brand mastery in 13 points if you go straight up from witch.
I've not played the last two leagues but 3.17 looks very interesting.
I've never played an Energy Shield/Caster type build before so this looks like a really good introduction.

Will you be posting a PoB with levelling trees?

Is there any particular type of content, Blight, Delirium etc that you think this build would be better at? Just considering with the new Atlas Passive tree what to choose.

What would I need to push into Red maps?
hiya, build looks great. may be my 3.17 starter until i can transition into my final build
Last edited by mad_man_moose on Jan 30, 2022, 10:00:26 AM
I really like this build thank you !
Last edited by Manavor on Jan 30, 2022, 3:45:12 PM
"
Rolfil wrote:
I've not played the last two leagues but 3.17 looks very interesting.
I've never played an Energy Shield/Caster type build before so this looks like a really good introduction.

Will you be posting a PoB with levelling trees?

Is there any particular type of content, Blight, Delirium etc that you think this build would be better at? Just considering with the new Atlas Passive tree what to choose.

What would I need to push into Red maps?

There are leveling trees, but not for PoB, they are for poeplanner.com
Its a bit below the PoB in the guide.
This is so COMPLETE first time players do not need 3rd party software.

This build is best at clearing.
Anything that needs a lot of mobs killed quickly, like incursions, delve, etc.
It is only a so so bosser (speed wise, the chill effect makes bosses easy, but not very fast)

To push into red maps....
a 6 link chest
2x +1 cold gem weapons.
Being good at manually dodging damage.

If you are not good at manually dodging damage, then the replica soul tether belt.
This build looks really good(and cool!), I'll use it as my league start.This is my first league, and I read a lot of ur posts, really helpful and thanks a lot!
oh wait one small question,u mentioned about DPS wall about this build, how far can this build go like which tier map I can farm it easily?( consider it with moderate investment).
"
Slymal wrote:
This build looks really good(and cool!), I'll use it as my league start.This is my first league, and I read a lot of ur posts, really helpful and thanks a lot!
oh wait one small question,u mentioned about DPS wall about this build, how far can this build go like which tier map I can farm it easily?( consider it with moderate investment).

I tested it with low investment, and it was doing tier 11 easily, so with moderate investment t15/t16 will be easy.

I mention dps cap, because 500k dps cold dot is great for mapping, but doing endgame bosses like maven or feared its just not enough.

Of my three newbie starter builds, this one has the lowest damage ceiling, but the easiest and smoothest transition to mapping.

My skel mage build has the hardest transition to mapping but the highest damage ceiling.

My absolution-slave driver build is in between both.
I've been playing this build with slight changes.

I use Profane Proxy to replace the Chilling Aura from Skitterbots into Frostbite.

I also use a shield for extra defenses, instead of a 2nd +1 Cold weapon. For Annointment, I went Ash, Frost, and Storm - Sepia, Crimson, Crimson.

On a 5-link, I've cleared both new bosses, can farm T16 comfortably. I haven't been able to clear the 10-boss Maven yet, not have I gotten to the craftable invites for the new bosses. Hoping to pick up some upgrades to get there.

Also, for those who want a PoB with levelling - https://pobb.in/yFEip4qs3fte

This PoB uses gear from the original PoB, the notes are my own, so that I didn't have to reference multiple locations while leveling.
Last edited by PsychoIntent on Feb 9, 2022, 11:33:09 AM
Great build, I just beat 3.17 main campaign with it and loved it. Just now getting into mapping.

If you can, you should make a 3.17 atlas tree guide for this build, for anyone else using him as a league starter. I am starting to make my own for the atlas tree, but it is very overwhelming for someone who has only recently started playing PoE (I started towards the end of Scourge league).

Thanks for creating this build, I have already had so much fun with it and I'm sure I will have even more fun when I get deeper into mapping/delving/heists/etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info