[3.16] Void's Spider Queen 😈 Occultist Arakaali's Fang build (Squire Ver 💎) All content effortlessly

Hello people, I just want to share this build I think it's kinda cool and chill. Let's cut to the chase.

Pros:
- Very good and smooth clear. (Occultist)
- High survivability and all you do is juke around with whirling blade.
- Decent single target damage. (I got around 9M Sirus DPS with not min-maxed gears)
- Elemental ailments immunity.
- Only have to use life and worm flask maybe.
- All map mods, only annoying map is no regen but easily doable if you switch up Quicksilver for Mana Flask.
Cons:
- Might not be cheap for you.
- Summon spider mechanic can be annoying in some cases.
- No MTX for Raise Spider!?.

POB: https://pastebin.com/nJjpenhD

GEARS:
Spoiler

Nothing crazy all the normal stuffs except for the Squire.

FLASKS:
Spoiler

Mechanic:
Spoiler
I'll explain briefly.
Start Channeling Divine Ire, auto triggers Desecrate, press Worm flask, spiders crawl out of corpse, Stop Channeling.

Info and tips about the build:
Spoiler
- We drop Malevolence for Grace because we don't need them that much with Squire build + Spider. You can still get both with Aul's Uprising and Enlighten 4.

- I use Skin Of The Lords body armor with Ghost Dance to pair with Grace which I think is pretty decent. I don't really like Brass Dome I think I die more with that.

- Taking the "Life on kill against cursed enemies" passives for 4% life gained on kill is a very good QOL especially when you're mapping. Pretty chill that you might not even have to press life flask.

- Life flask with Instant Recovery when used on low life with Ryslatha Pantheon 60%+ gonna get you to full life when you're at very low life. Highly recommended in my opinion.

- Utility Flasks with Gain 7 Charges When Enemy Hit You is so good, and we enchant it with Used when charges reach full so we don't have to press them at all.

- Getting a Minion blind on hit jewel is good QOL.

- Using a krangled Darkness Enthroned with Gain Life/Mana flask every 3 seconds is cool and swag. It gives your worm Flask 1 charge every 3 seconds = more worms flask uptime. Mana Flask every 3 seconds works for Worm flask, if you get Life Flask instead that will also help with Life Flask uptime too but more expensive than Mana Flask.

- Abyss jewel with flat Life, Minion Attack Speed, Minions Deal Added Phys/Chaos is our main priority same goes for 3 Large Cluster Jewel.

- Crafting Large Cluster Jewel with Life + Minion Attack Speed through Harvest Speed/Attack/Caster/Life is always recommended since buying one is overpriced.

- Binding your Left Mouse with Molten Shell is a decent choice, you're immortal in most cases when you have Molten Shell or Vaal Molten Shell up.

- Divergent Melee Splash is sick, get one when you can HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, put it in Squire and your vicious spiders deal 15% more damage to surrounding enemies LOL.

- Put Hydrosphere on the boss for more damage.

- Cast Arcanist Brand linked with Despair on tough target for more damage, you can ignore this if you have Despair curse on hit gloves/ring and it frees up 2 open gem slots.

Ending words:
Spoiler
- Build is inspired by Palsteron and Von Viktor which I found on youtube for this build. I worked around and added some of my own ideas. You should check them out for even more detailed guides and spider mechanics. This is a version that I feel comfortable to play with and it's pretty chill.

- This build is an all arounder, tanky, amazing clear, sick single target dps. Exactly what I love and have been looking for when playing POE so I really want to share to the people like me out there.

- I will make a video maybe if some people are interested. Here's someone else's video in the mean time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIf6S-nFs3k&ab_channel=GRN

- Celestial Raise Spider MTX when?!?!!
Last edited by lishengshun33 on Feb 2, 2022, 11:37:25 PM
Last bumped on May 30, 2022, 11:39:42 AM
Hello!
I'm trying your build right now but i have some problems with PoB. Using PoB Community Fork 2.13.0 i have a strange appearance of Mastery passives. They are checked but i can't understand what the exact option choosed:

But when i choose some option it works well:

Can you help me to choose correct options?
Thank you!
"
lishengshun33 wrote:

- Might not be cheap for you.

no shit, looked like a very attainable build!
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jan 17, 2022, 6:55:32 AM
"
FFourtyTwo wrote:
Can you help me to choose correct options?
Thank you!

Hi, my apologies for the late reply, I was busy with work projects lately.

There would be 3 Minion Offence Mastery in this build
- Minion +250 accuracy
- 20% increased effect of offerings
- Since we're getting a lot of minion physical damage I'd suggest Minion overwhelm 20% physical damage reduction.

I hope you had fun with this build as much as I did, it was a good experience for me to be able to try this OP build.
Last edited by lishengshun33 on Jan 25, 2022, 2:06:14 AM
"
lolozori wrote:
no shit, looked like a very attainable build!

Ah I have no idea, a lot of people couldn't even get the squire tbh with you xD Not to mention a lot of jewels as they're expensive. But yeah it's kinda mid-range not too crazy yes, but the majority wouldn't have the money close to that.
Last edited by lishengshun33 on Jan 25, 2022, 2:05:55 AM
Trying to put this build together. What other choices in body armor would you say are viable ?
"
blackspiral wrote:
Trying to put this build together. What other choices in body armor would you say are viable ?

Hey there, there're many options but these are popular:
Spoiler
- Brass Dome - for crit immune which is very good for simulacrum and you get +5% maximum elemental resistance. (Most popular choice)

- The Queen's Hunger (for offerings) - Might wanna pair with the belt Leash of Oblation (optional) so you can get all offerings. Though this Body Armor has been said to be highly annoying because it may consume your corpses - meaning more annoying to spawn spiders.

- Rare Body Armor with High Resistance and Life so you don't need to have a lot of Resistance on your Ring/Amulet, which makes it easier to get a Ring with Despair Curse on hit or any stats you like.
An interesting combination I think would be Additional Curse and you pair it with Enfeeble curse - on gloves or a gem instead of Despair(which then we can get Despair on hit from ring/gloves) for even higher chance of survivability(might be overkill) or Vulnerability for higher damage output.

That's all, and I'd like to explain further about my choice in body armor for you to have a view why I chose it. (Skin of The Lords + Ghost Dance)
Spoiler
- First since we have Grace we can pretty much recover our ES to full if we're hit and we don't get hit too often, but when we do we would survive in most cases from extra HP + extra ES we got from not using Brass Dome.

- Global Defences and +2 Gem level, your auras would be stronger meaning a lot of Armor and Evasion.
Your Enlighten gem would be Level 5-6. It enables us to get ridiculous % mana reservation if you pair it with Aul's Uprising and some aura reservation(Mastery or Cluster) you can squeeze in Malevolence, which I don't think is possible for Brass Dome.

- The crit immune from Brass Dome doesn't help that much unless you're grinding Simulacrum all the time. Also if your Life Pool is low enough(below 5k3) you die quite often with non-crit hits anyway. I ran a few Simulacrums with Skin of The Lords and I was still able to clear wave 30 simulacrum easily, also it was my first time doing Simulacrum LOL.

- I did test both Brass Dome and Skin of The Lords, you could say around 80 maps for each test and surprisingly I die a lot with Brass Dome which could be because I didn't invest enough to min-max my Life Point. You can try them both to see which one works better for you.

Conclusion:
Spoiler
- In my opinion if you're rich enough to min-max everything and get at least around 5k5 Life, you should try Brass Dome. If not, just use Skin of The Lords. Test both to see which one suits you better, it all comes down to preference and your playstyle.
As the core of this build is about Determination + Grace with Armor + Evasion Flask(High uptime). Stacking as much Armor and Evasion as possible pretty much.

- Personally, with Skin of The Lords I've done all content effortlessly and deathless, but with this build, body armor isn't much of a big deal so you should try out anything you like that suits you. Be creative.

So I'm opening to all suggestion to make the build better, by far this was the most satisfying build I had so I would love to hear how I can make it even better.
Last edited by lishengshun33 on Jan 30, 2022, 6:39:29 AM
Thanks a lot for the detailed information. I will try different setups to see how it goes.

A couple more questions:

-You use Gravebind to trigger Vigil ? Cause otherwise there is no other interaction with items (like it would be with Headhunter or Explode chest) and maybe the on kill nodes in the tree ?

-Flesh or Spirit offering ?

-Why no one is stacking the notables on the minion clusters and just going for the attack speed as many nodes as possible ? If spiders do crit (5% base on PoB) and the use of Ancient Skull they need to crit to trigger the ¨voices¨. Wouldnt be good to get Vicious Bite on those jewels or is just a waste ? Also, does renewal work with spiders or they arent consider full life ?
"
blackspiral wrote:

-You use Gravebind to trigger Vigil ? Cause otherwise there is no other interaction with items (like it would be with Headhunter or Explode chest) and maybe the on kill nodes in the tree ?

Spoiler
Gravebind is mainly used for QOL, it helps you summon spiders very easy and really worth it, pretty much every Spider build has it.

Main purpose is it interacts with your Arakaali's Fang trigger Summon Spider on kill, so the spider can kill some mobs and it spawn you more spiders. Or you can go near corpses -> press worm flask -> press Convocation and boom you have more spiders.

And if you have 2 small nodes % life gained when you kill cursed enemy it recovers 4% life per kill, with occultist pop + a mob you'll pretty much recover to full life even when you're at low health which I absolutely loved it when I'm mapping/delving.
And of course if you use Vigil, for the buffs.

"
blackspiral wrote:

-Flesh or Spirit offering ?

Spoiler
It comes down to preference, people like Spirit Offering because of the Physical damage as Extra Chaos but I find that it's decent but probably not the best, beside all the quality for that Gem is kinda terrible (Skill Duration, Cast Speed, Minion Res). Not to mention we get no benefit from Chaos + Elemental Res from Spirit Offering because our spiders are immortal.

Flesh offering however, Divergent version gives minions 10% increased attack speed. 30% movement speed for spiders looks really nice(clearing mobs so much faster for me). 30% Attack Speed from skill, 10% from quality, 21% from helmet. That's like 61% Attack Speed = more crits and huge damage, Spiders LOVE attack speed.

"
blackspiral wrote:

-Why no one is stacking the notables on the minion clusters and just going for the attack speed as many nodes as possible ? If spiders do crit (5% base on PoB) and the use of Ancient Skull they need to crit to trigger the ¨voices¨. Wouldnt be good to get Vicious Bite on those jewels or is just a waste ? Also, does renewal work with spiders or they arent consider full life ?

Spoiler
It's mainly because, on the small nodes of Minion Cluster, you get 10% minion damage, up to 10-13 Max Life, up to 3-4% attack & cast speed and anything else you can squeeze in if you're rich enough, best is 35% increased effect for 4% attack speed, could be Max ES or Res or maybe Dexterity because you lack a lot of Dex. And it worth a lot more than the Notables you can get on Minion Cluster. The main stats you want on this is Attack Speed, it's the best stats for spiders imo. Max Life is important too for higher survivability.

It would be a waste to get a very small amount of crit chance in exchange for Life and Minion Attack Speed, which is why people buy Clusters with high amount of passive skills to stack them small passive nodes. But I personally think it's overkill to get too many passives on clusters, you can't get them all anyway so you should be fine even with 8 passives Minion Cluster.

Just remember that higher attack speed = easier to proc crit. Without stacking critical chance I still noticed that they "Hear whispers" a lot so it's perfectly fine.

That's one reason why you should always have 3 stats on your Abyss Jewel(Life, Attack Speed % Cast Speed, Minions Deal Additional Physical Damage)

Another note is that Spiders can't taunt so chance to taunt is worthless.
Last edited by lishengshun33 on Jan 30, 2022, 1:02:36 PM
Thank you again for such detailed info. I will keep testing some of this stuff see how it goes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info