[3.16] The Zealous Zolemancer (Level 100 Proven / CI / Aegis / Zombie / Carrion Golem Build)

"
Yordle wrote:
"
chrischoi wrote:
So what was your main source of leveling after 90? Anything specific?

Mostly just the stuff I enjoyed doing, so I didn't have to grind anything boring or repetitive. I swapped between Delving / 83 Heist contracts with Huck (with +1 all jobs for 25% exp boost) / Safehouse runs mostly (Catarina was a super easy boss for me and the 200% exp in that map was great). All were great EXP and changing between them was nice. Juiced Delirium maps with Zana using Uncharted Realms passives gave me a ton of fun unique maps (Cortex and Untainted Paradise were awesome to find) and lots of Shaper Guardian maps.

I also bought LOTS of Harbinger Orbs and used them on every single T15 map I had. I only ran my T16s, so I just orbed all the T15s and got tons of Beachhead maps that way. Running AFK Beachheads while I was on reddit was awesome, lol.

Did you just run single player games?
Hey man nice build over there. Just rerolled and started this build as my 2nd character this league. I always played a summoner build , so hopefully this won't disappointing :-) Not a fan of skeletal mages, therefore pretty happy that you are using perma pets who are following you around.
Let's see how it turns out :-) My goal is Atlas completion which was not possible with my main build as certain maps...well... don't fit the playstyle :D

Can you pls advise how did you crafted the flasks you got ? I have no clue how to automate them. I guess its not just an alt orb spam
Last edited by MegaTen_IV on Dec 10, 2021, 10:54:14 AM
It is Alt spam.

You want Flagellant's.
Flagellant's Flask of whatever else is a benefit.
I think if you get base Flagellant's you can add on another mod from Beastiary.

This will give charges when you are hit.

Then Instilling orbs to get Used when full. 5 orbs + 5 Glassblower's Bauble Can just be grafted on bench.

20% them for duration.

This should allow charges to generate for the flasks super fast from getting hit and kills. Then will trigger itself when the charges are full.

Probably better to alt spam them. Buying them seems to be more expensive now.

"
chrischoi wrote:

Yup! Apart from some Blight maps or some Breachstones with a friend or two (or helping someone with a boss) I am almost 100% a solo player.
Just hit maps today and I am very impressed with this build especially how durable ti is. I can just stand in front of a strong metamorph and shit happens. Lvl 74 so far and I used about 3 ex for gear and I have about everything except the alternative gems and the +1/+1 wand which is ridiculously expensive 16ex atm and thats without the craft. Bought a blue scepter for 5c with 66% minion dmg and 5% double dmg chance.

Anyway two questions.
1. Zombies starts to die and you were right. It is kinda annoying to deactivate an aura to be able to recast them since I don't have enough mana left. I just don't see how Grave intentions can improve this as suggested, as they are not dying to chaos dmg. Obviously my gems are not lvl 20 at this stage but with the increased levels the map levels are also going higher so I guess this will be an issue.

2. How important is to have Whispers of Doom to have 2 curses/hexes. The trick is to use Bane to apply enfeeble and vulnereability and this is mostly for bosses correct ? I am just lazy to cast it manually in maps :-) Is there any way to maybe automate this too ? Didnt' played for 4 years and lots has changed since then.

Last edited by MegaTen_IV on Dec 11, 2021, 10:36:30 AM
"
MegaTen_IV wrote:
Just hit maps today and I am very impressed with this build especially how durable ti is. I can just stand in front of a strong metamorph and shit happens. Lvl 74 so far and I used about 3 ex for gear and I have about everything except the alternative gems and the +1/+1 wand which is ridiculously expensive 16ex atm and thats without the craft. Bought a blue scepter for 5c with 66% minion dmg and 5% double dmg chance.

Anyway two questions.
1. Zombies starts to die and you were right. It is kinda annoying to deactivate an aura to be able to recast them since I don't have enough mana left. I just don't see how Grave intentions can improve this as suggested, as they are not dying to chaos dmg. Obviously my gems are not lvl 20 at this stage but with the increased levels the map levels are also going higher so I guess this will be an issue.

2. How important is to have Whispers of Doom to have 2 curses/hexes. The trick is to use Bane to apply enfeeble and vulnereability and this is mostly for bosses correct ? I am just lazy to cast it manually in maps :-) Is there any way to maybe automate this too ? Didnt' played for 4 years and lots has changed since then.

I have to stress, it will be ultimately up to you to change large parts of the build to make your zombies tankier if you are having problems with it. This 100% worked FOR ME with my level of gear, but won't work for everyone else. Experiment.

Grave Intentions Life > ES would give a massive big chunk of EHP to the zombies (and chaos damage was their only "non-capped" res). Not sure if it would fix things, but there was not a ton of defensive minion clusters around my pathing.

From what you don't have yet, Anomalous Feeding Frenzy is the #1 change to keep them alive. Then a +1/+1 wand (two extra levels worth of stats). Then a 21/20 gem. None of that is cheap, of course.

For Whispers of Doom, you could easily drop the whole thing and use it for more minion life or minion damage instead. With the free Curse Effect from Bane quality, Curse quality, Enhance giving them both extra quality, 10% quality on the tree, and AG's Dying Breath, the Enfeeble is around 9% less damage on even a 66% reduced curse effect boss, so it is largely for bosses. But I was lacking DPS, so a cranked up Vuln was doing a lot of work for me, too, and with +1 curse it just fit nicely into a 4L.

If you want, I could suggest dropping the +1 curse for now, using those points for some minion life around the tree instead, and picking up a Mont. Grasp if you are really worried about zombies. Then replace your extra curse with Convocation and either manually cast that or replace Bone Armor on your left click and manually cast Bone Armor.

Last edited by Yordle on Dec 11, 2021, 11:31:07 AM
I tried out this build in current league just to test it out for future deciding what to play and I must say that I was impressed by how well it performs even though the budget is very obtainable.

I got to around 83ish without a hitch and it was smooth sailing all the way. I am used to having so many deaths due to poor mechanical skills, being dumb and blind and also bad framerate, but this build fixed all that by being nearly immortal. I am definitely going to play it next league, maybe even as a starter!

After the initial success I decided to try it out in the softcore heist event (not the best build but I was sure I can get to at least 70-80 even if I don't find needed items). It was hard competing against the DD meta but I managed to get to level 92 and currently I am around 20th place as Necromancer. I think I can say that the build performed greatly! I did a few changes but mostly I was inspired by your suggestions for tankier minions.

Gear

Character link for more info (tree is slightly different): https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/PikantnyKecup/characters?characterName=BandOfThieves

What I wanted to say by this is that the build is great I loved playing it and will definitely play it again. It's flexible, powerful and quite affordable as well! So thank you! :)
I was thinking about trying this build. Do you think the next 10 day event would be a good time to try this? I don't know how rare the uniques are, or maybe I should test it in the actual league. ╭( ๐ _๐)╮
hola veolos videos y no entiendo como se llenan tan rapidos los frascos
"
Yordle wrote:
"
chrischoi wrote:

Yup! Apart from some Blight maps or some Breachstones with a friend or two (or helping someone with a boss) I am almost 100% a solo player.

It looks like most on the ladder are running a Bone Helmet with reservation enchant: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Necromancer&skill=Raise-Zombie&keystone=Chaos-Inoculation,Glancing-Blows

Do you think Veil is still better?
livejamie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info