[3.16] The Zealous Zolemancer (Level 100 Proven / CI / Aegis / Zombie / Carrion Golem Build)

Yo, if you're done with the league, I'll take all your stuff for this build off your hands. I could use it in Standard (and to finish out the league in these last few weeks).

If your gear/jewels are going to rot in Standard anyway, share the love! ;)
Is there certain map mods that we should try and avoid doing or...? Just making sure! I have some pretty good gear already and only level 73, but got my butt handed to me in a T10 map lol.
"
Baloosh wrote:
Yo, if you're done with the league, I'll take all your stuff for this build off your hands. I could use it in Standard (and to finish out the league in these last few weeks).

If your gear/jewels are going to rot in Standard anyway, share the love! ;)

No :)

1) Keeping it for testing the build in 3.17+
2) Also just no?

"
Arttanas wrote:
Is there certain map mods that we should try and avoid doing or...? Just making sure! I have some pretty good gear already and only level 73, but got my butt handed to me in a T10 map lol.

Hmm, at 73 it is probably down to lack of ES/AR passives (and gem levels maybe?). T10s should still be fine at that point, but maybe just be a little careful about the rolls until you get more ES/AR

The only mods I avoided were Phys Reflect (bye, bye zombies...) and Minus Max Res w/ Extra Phys as Elemental (cause, well, yea). No Regen is fine, but you just end up walking in circles and letting minions kill stuff with no cursing or blinking about. Once I had my stuff in order, though, I was never randomly one shot by....basically anything in regular maps. Every death at 90+ was to pushing boss content, or being VERY stupid. Stupid can still kill you :(
Hmmmm I gotcha. Yeah it might have just been bad rolls/low level or something. I'm 81 now and have all my ascendancies and currently sitting at 4,722 ES and 20,361 armor. Im pretttttty sure Ive followed everything so far from the guide up to this point. Hopefully i can continue to get more levels.

By the way, how is fighting bosses? I haven't tried any main boss like Sirus or anything obviously just yet but was wondering what bosses you have killed with this build and how easy it was or not.
"
Yordle wrote:

No :)

1) Keeping it for testing the build in 3.17+
2) Also just no?

Lol - all good bro. Like I said, only if you were done with the build and wasn't going to revisit it ever. :)
"
Arttanas wrote:
Hmmmm I gotcha. Yeah it might have just been bad rolls/low level or something. I'm 81 now and have all my ascendancies and currently sitting at 4,722 ES and 20,361 armor. Im pretttttty sure Ive followed everything so far from the guide up to this point. Hopefully i can continue to get more levels.

By the way, how is fighting bosses? I haven't tried any main boss like Sirus or anything obviously just yet but was wondering what bosses you have killed with this build and how easy it was or not.

Hmm, the ES is definitely a bit low, I think by the 80s I was around 5.5k ES and 30k armor? But you should be fine to grind out more levels and hopefully upgrade some gear, etc. before long.

For bosses, like I said on the post, I've done Sirus (A8 only once, as it was just a pain keeping zombies alive; swapping to a Mont. Grasp helped, though), Shaper, Cortex, Uber Atziri, Delve boss, Formed/Twisted/Hidden/Forgotten, and some other random stuff. It was totally fine for most bosses with Bone Offering in to keep the minions alive. Not the best, but it got me all my Atlas passives I needed and bosses for Challenges.
Did you slam the crusader mod yourself on the belt? It seems incredibly lucky.

I'm in standard as I don't really have time to get to where I want to be in the temporary leagues anymore. Some of your pieces seem fairly tricky to obtain and I do appreciate that you list alternatives, but some items seem fairly impossible to get without spending serious amounts of currency - especially if you account for the Scourge modded/qualitied up items you have. My very well rolled Incandescent heart has more than 600 less armour than yours for instance. Not insignificant imo.

Can you come up with any way to compensate for people like me? Maybe via legacy items or something?

"
hamstereater wrote:
Did you slam the crusader mod yourself on the belt? It seems incredibly lucky.

I'm in standard as I don't really have time to get to where I want to be in the temporary leagues anymore. Some of your pieces seem fairly tricky to obtain and I do appreciate that you list alternatives, but some items seem fairly impossible to get without spending serious amounts of currency - especially if you account for the Scourge modded/qualitied up items you have. My very well rolled Incandescent heart has more than 600 less armour than yours for instance. Not insignificant imo.

Can you come up with any way to compensate for people like me? Maybe via legacy items or something?

The most I paid for one of my slots of gear (apart from my cluster jewel) was I believe 4 or 5 exalts. Granted, 2-3 weeks into the temp league was when I was putting most of this together, so the prices are very much dependent on that. While all together, it costs quite a bit, no single piece was "breaking the bank". You should be able to put together a version of this in Standard on a good budget.

A crystal belt with good ES, AR and a strength roll was like 30c. Adding on the %ES was about 3-5 exalts, but was not *needed* as I used my 30c belt till like 97 or something. Anti-stun on the gloves is not needed, either, and I just slammed it for fun - again, used a 30c or so glove with just like 200 ES. The wand got more expensive, but a +2 wand was something I wasn't even using for ages when I just rolled with a good temple-base "minions deal double damage" sceptre. Those are the only rares I even use, so really not that bad.

For my uniques, yes, most of them are scourged and very well rolled. The Scourge league changed to base item defenses meant that a new "85~100%" rolled "base item" was giving something like an Incandescent Heart a good amount more AR/ES than it was last league, so if you are using a legacy one it probably has old base values. With 30% quality (eaaaasy to do with a Beast Craft) and a good roll, you can get 1650 AR and around 400 ES - not a big difference from mine. The extra zombie on the boots is actually the only Scourge mod I'm using that I'd say is actually "really nice". 350ish base armor, 30 int and some life regen is not making or breaking the build.

All you need for funding to start is enough for the uniques with high rolls, a basic AR/ES belt and ES glove, any magic unset rings with a good prefix, and find a basic minion damage weapon of any kind. That's it. You might not facetank A8 Sirus yet or anything, but if you get it all together, you won't need every piece perfectly rolled to feel tanky.
So what was your main source of leveling after 90? Anything specific?
"
chrischoi wrote:
So what was your main source of leveling after 90? Anything specific?

Mostly just the stuff I enjoyed doing, so I didn't have to grind anything boring or repetitive. I swapped between Delving / 83 Heist contracts with Huck (with +1 all jobs for 25% exp boost) / Safehouse runs mostly (Catarina was a super easy boss for me and the 200% exp in that map was great). All were great EXP and changing between them was nice. Juiced Delirium maps with Zana using Uncharted Realms passives gave me a ton of fun unique maps (Cortex and Untainted Paradise were awesome to find) and lots of Shaper Guardian maps.

I also bought LOTS of Harbinger Orbs and used them on every single T15 map I had. I only ran my T16s, so I just orbed all the T15s and got tons of Beachhead maps that way. Running AFK Beachheads while I was on reddit was awesome, lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info